7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi Guys,

Was approached by a fella I knew in town yesterday. Told me his wife had bought him a Flight 2000 as a Christmas gift and it wasn't working. Wondered if I could take a look at it. I'm a sucker to go look at a new pin so I went. Spent two hours fixing a few issues.

Wasn't kicking out balls right. Kicking out either none or two. Trough switch was messed up... I made some adjustments and it's good to go. Drop targets were a mess. They could use some new springs... but I took the mech a part... got everything back together properly and they'll work for now.

Few other issues... aside from the fact it needs a bath and a wax job something fierce. But although he's perfectly fine with the fact no play field lights work... (I know... it was killing me) I simply can't walk away from this one without fixing that.

So I'm looking for some trouble shooting tips.:

Looked at the rectifier board. Looks to be a new after market board... had all proper fuses and none were burnt out. Looked in the head and all the connectors appear to be connected properly although I noticed the ground cable from the cabinet was not connected in the head. I did so... no change. (Didn't take the time to re-seat the plugs as I was in a bit of a hurry but he has asked me to come back and bill him for my time)

Did a very quick check for any loose wires... again... not a thorough check but didn't see anything.

Checked a hand full of bulbs... and it doesn't appear to just be a case of them all being burnt out. There's a handful of GI lights working and the backless lights work but that's it. No inserts at all.

Didn't get a chance to check voltages because for some reason my meter wasn't in my tool box when I got there but I thought before I go back I'd throw a call out for thoughts.

Thanks,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000-2002?tu=Pauz21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.