Flight 2000

By Espo66

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

What is everyones opinion about this game?

I have a F2K that I have about $600 into. When I got the game, as part of a larger trade, I was anticiapting putting a CPR PF in it. I like the game a lot, but you know, maybe next yr I might wish to trade it or something. I love the thought of playing on a screaming fast new PF and doing the PF swap is not an issue. I was just thinking, 600 + 700 for new PF and plastics.

Is there a market for a 1300 F2K? I've put a new PF in Centaur, but I knew I would never lose out with that title. Believe me, I've lost a few bucks here and there in the past when selling, but I'd hate to lose 7 or $800 if F2K is not ever going over $800, I just don't see it talked about much.

Just about to pull the trigger at CPR and was thinking out loud. Thanks for any feedback.

BTW, I talked to Kevin at CPR. I really want to support those guys, they are great. He mentioned that F2K was his baby and that it is his favorite game. So there is some love for the title out there!

#2 12 years ago

Always a market, but you isolate yourself to a very small group that would shell out that much money for a less than popular game. As long as you want to hold onto it and play it for awhile, and enjoy the work, I would say do it and have fun.

#3 12 years ago

Flight 2000 is the first multiball Stern game, I would love to own one.

#4 12 years ago

I had a F2K once....Sold it for $350. Boy, times have changed.

The game is fun with the multi-stage locking setup, but being a widebody always played a little slow. There's a narrow body conversion rip-off called gamatron that has the same ball walker setup and very similar art.

I would think that it would be tough to get 1K+ for this title, but if you find that one person that just loves it and has to have it, anything's possible.

#5 12 years ago

I have many fond memories of playing Flight 2000 back in the arcade days, and it's on my wish list. IMHO, $1,300 is not out of the ballpark for a beautifily restored one with a new playfield. However, if you're just in it for the $$ - you'd probably be better off just repairing/touching up your existing playfield unless it's completely trashed.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I have many fond memories of playing Flight 2000 back in the arcade days, and it's on my wish list. IMHO, $1,300 is not out of the ballpark for a beautifily restored one with a new playfield. However, if you're just in it for the $$ - you'd probably be better off just repairing/touching up your existing playfield unless it's completely trashed.

Oh, not in it for the $ at all. I usually never make any money when I decide to sell. I just didn't want to stretch too far on this one. I think I'm going to do it...This thread was sort of a price check.

Would you pay 1300 for F2K with new PF,Plastics,Posts,Drops...a fair cab and a decent BG?

If I were to restore the cab and replace the BG, even more $.

This all does not include my labor. I never really include that anyways and enjoy doing it.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I had a F2K once....Sold it for $350. Boy, times have changed.
The game is fun with the multi-stage locking setup, but being a widebody always played a little slow. There's a narrow body conversion rip-off called Gamatron that has the same ball walker setup and very similar art.
I would think that it would be tough to get 1K+ for this title, but if you find that one person that just loves it and has to have it, anything's possible.

You're right Robert, I think a lot of people have had one or passed on one for 3-600, so they see it in that light.

I personally think it is hugely under-rated, but I maybe on my honeymoon phase with it.

Unlike Fathom and Centaur, I do not see any restored ones coming on the market, so I was curious what people would think. Probably a limited market as others have stated.

#8 12 years ago

I think any top notch restored machine has a limited market. Everyone wants the bargain buys. I'll fix the playfield you have now instead of starting with Paragon if you want and save a few bucks and could probably sell it for the same. Won't be as perfect but should play as well

#9 12 years ago

I'm a little surprised that CPR made a F2K playfield. I wish they would make a Fireball playfield. So overdue.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I think any top notch restored machine has a limited market. Everyone wants the bargain buys. I'll fix the playfield you have now instead of starting with Paragon if you want and save a few bucks and could probably sell it for the same. Won't be as perfect but should play as well

Thanks for the generous offer, I am pondering this.......

#11 12 years ago

no do paragon first! just kidding, i'm just hoping to get mine up and running, think i've found a decent backglass to buy, so very pumped about that. once the mpu is online things should progress nicely from there. on your Flight 2000, i think that it would be really sick to have a brand new playfield in it! although your other one isn't too far off from touchups making it look good too. if its going to be a keeper for you go for the new pf, but if you're kinda on the edge about keeping it maybe opt for touchups instead

#12 12 years ago

I just spoke to the ghost of Harry Williams and he said go for the new pf.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
$ 69.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flight-2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.