• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TimeWarp1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flicker fix.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

Hello all, resurrecting this old thread as I'm having a very similar issue with my Paragon. The problem lamps are the bonus 1,2,3, and 4 thousands. A couple interesting things to note is that when the pin first boots up and when I go into lamp test mode the bonus 5,6,7 and 8 lamps also flicker. After about 30 seconds of 'warming up' they stop flickering but the 1,2,3 and 4 still flicker. The flicker itself is also consistent across the flickering lights; in other words they all flicker in the same way/pattern.

I have replaced all pins and connectors on the MPU, LDB and Rectifier board (rect. board completely rebuilt). I have also replaced one decoder on the LDB (U4) with a CD4514. I have tried the fix mentioned here: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Lamp_Sockets, that is soldering the lamp wires directly to the tip and base of the socket to no avail. I then used two alligator leads and attached one to the control wire of a flickering lamp and the other to the bare wire and touched the other ends of the leads to a lamp directly, completely removing the socket from the picture and the lamp is still flickering in the same exact manner as the others. I have replaced two SCRs (8 and 5 bonus lamps) and I notice the 5 stops flickering sooner than its neighbors (4 and 6).

Curious if anyone has any further suggestions Thanks!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

When I swapped in an Alltek MPU, the flicker went away on mine.

Makes me wonder if it may be an MPU thing as my MPU had some decent battery damage that I repaired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flickering-lights-on-strikes-and-spares?tu=TimeWarp1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.