5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Cheddar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Last time I had flickering lamps it was the connectors on the rectifier board. I'm not sure if you did that one

#5 5 years ago

featured lamps use 7 possible connectors.

The power comes from the rectifier board J1 through the Feature Bus lines on pins 3 and 7 (playfield) and J3 pin 6 (backbox) and daisy chains through all the lamps. Each lamp has a ground wire that returns to the LDB through 1 of the 3 connectors. The final connector on the LDB is fed from the big connector on the mpu. Finally the power returns to ground on the rectifier board via J3 pins 3, 4 and 14.

Assuming you recrimped all of the .100 connectors the only ones left are J1 and J3 on the rectifier board.

Also be sure to check the bridge on that board as mentioned above. The bridge takes AC and converts it to DC. If one side is failing you could get a 60 cycle flicker. The BR for feature lamps is BR1

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

As I mentioned before, I have all new boards in this machine, except for the speech board. I've re-pinned every connector, except for the big plugs in the head. Possible short somewhere? Its just odd that it only happens during test mode for the playfield lights and back box lights, but all of the time for the lights in the back box.

how about a video?

As I pointed out the Bus and Return lines for the feature lamps are in those big connectors. You should recrimp the connectors on the rectifier board

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine Beach, FL
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 400.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flickering-feature-lamps?tu=Cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.