Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1370 (resized).JPG
IMG_1369 (resized).JPG
IMG_1367 (resized).JPG
IMG_1366 (resized).JPG
IMG_1372 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clodpole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I live near Seattle, so the "plastic sandwiched between 2 sheets of glass, left in the sun" method doesn't work for me. IMG_1372 (resized).JPGIMG_1372 (resized).JPG

Instead I preheated my oven to 175F, with a large, empty cookie sheet on a lower rack. I put the warped plastic between 2 sheets of tracing paper IMG_1366 (resized).JPGIMG_1366 (resized).JPGon top of another cookie sheet, covered with a flat piece of plywood and weighted down with a 5# dumbbell. IMG_1367 (resized).JPGIMG_1367 (resized).JPGThat all went on a rack above the lower shield.IMG_1369 (resized).JPGIMG_1369 (resized).JPG Then 30: with the oven on, followed by 30: still in the oven, burner off. Finally, slow cool on a bread board until the weight could be removed with bare hand. Result: flat plastic with little stress, independent of weather conditions.IMG_1370 (resized).JPGIMG_1370 (resized).JPG

Next, I gotta' figure out a way to bleach out the yellow - ideally weather independent, but....

#5 3 years ago

Thanks. Meanwhile, I'm moving up in kitchen pan and plywood size, as Flash has some really large and convoluted plastics.

#8 3 years ago

Hmmm... most popular "de-yellowing" method is peroxide bath in the sun. Horders seem to have all the peroxide right now, and sun....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clodpole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flattening-warped-plastics-another-variation-which-worked?tu=clodpole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.