IMG_0236 (resized).jpeg
output_image1686328633572 (resized).jpg
output_image1686328542452 (resized).jpg
output_image1686328510722 (resized).jpg
Resized_20230604_132253 (resized).jpeg
20230505_180920 (resized).jpg
20230501_184744 (resized).jpg
20230505_180318 (resized).jpg

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I bought the Steelmade kit that goes on the gas grill, but now I'm finding there are times when I want to both grill AND griddle, so going to be getting a stand alone flat top.
Leaning towards the Sams Club one - https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-pro-series-5-burner-gas-griddle/prod26361712?xid=plp_product_1[quoted image][quoted image]

Our Sams griddle has been excellent.

#102 1 year ago

https://www.acemart.com/kitchen/cookware/griddles/rocky-mountain-cookware-rm1424-commercial-2-burner-lift-off-griddle/RMCRM1424?page=1

This is the griddle I’d use inside and out on my propane grill before I got my Blackstone. Now I use it for inside grilling on my gas stove.

Well worth the cost. Very even heating.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm thinking of grabbing one of those $100 Steelmade Flat Top inserts for my Weber Genesis gas grill. Anyone that's used one for a while have reviews/thoughts on the quality? Does it fit pretty well on a conventional 3-burner Weber?

Mine might be the larger $145 one, but it's a frigging beast- easily 10 lbs. There's no way this thing is moving around on the grill no matter what u cook on it.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Couldnt you line the tray w aluminum foil and just toss it out?

Oh for sure.

Luckily I'm fairly well stocked up on the liners for now and at 3 for a buck you can't beat that.

#105 1 year ago

Small bits of seasoning flake off my griddle, leaving unseasoned metal exposed. It happens when I clean it and sometimes I notice it while cooking, although it may have already happened.

What am I doing wrong?

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Small bits of seasoning flake off my griddle, leaving unseasoned metal exposed. It happens when I clean it and sometimes I notice it while cooking, although it may have already happened.
What am I doing wrong?

How are you cleaning it?

#107 1 year ago

I have a griddle cleaning pad - a flat rough scrubbie . No soap. But usually I’m cleaning it before I cook the next time, not right after dinner.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I have a griddle cleaning pad - a flat rough scrubbie . No soap. But usually I’m cleaning it before I cook the next time, not right after dinner.

I try to clean mine while still hot, basically hit w water and scrape. No scrubbing. Next time I squirt a little oil on and run a paper towel over it, that's it.

#109 1 year ago

Yeah definitely don’t scrub after each use, should be a wipe down, making sure to leave a fine layer of oil on it to prevent rusting. Scrubbing will remove the “seasoning”

#110 1 year ago

The beauty of them is that they’re impossible to ruin, just bust out a wire brush attachment for your cordless drill and bring it back to clean steel and re season.

#111 1 year ago

Thanks, all.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah definitely don’t scrub after each use, should be a wipe down, making sure to leave a fine layer of oil on it to prevent rusting. Scrubbing will remove the “seasoning”

Forgot the layer of oil after use.

I take the food in the house and let everyone start putting their plates together. Grill still hot, squirt w water and scrape once or twice. Then a small squirt of oil, spread w a folded up paper towel over entire surface (use tongs to hold paper towel). Sixty seconds, done.

Next startup, another quick squirt of oil and wipe w paper towel just to get anything off the surface.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Forgot the layer of oil after use.

True. Thanks.

1 month later
#114 1 year ago

Finally got a new regulator for my grill. Just wasnt flowing as much as i like. Picked up the loco hose and reg kit at lowes for 24.99 and highly recommend it. Its fully adjustable and is braided stainless. Couldnt be happier. It will flow too much if u let it tho, so watch it. Dont want to warp your top.

Edit: yes its for loco boilers but it will run without adapters on my blackstone. It does come with an adapter to use with narrow nipple type boilers.
127465E3-9BFE-4176-BEAF-1A6848392C44 (resized).jpeg127465E3-9BFE-4176-BEAF-1A6848392C44 (resized).jpeg94135C94-9130-4A50-A64B-EE8AC23E9C71 (resized).jpeg94135C94-9130-4A50-A64B-EE8AC23E9C71 (resized).jpegCE51A02E-782F-4412-855C-6F9D144BF179 (resized).jpegCE51A02E-782F-4412-855C-6F9D144BF179 (resized).jpeg

#115 1 year ago

Ever come across a topic late night that makes you spend even more money? Now I want a flat top, Damnit.

Do you guys get much splatter beyond your grill? Have a friend that has one and he warned me about putting it on the patio since he gets grease/oil splatter on his deck.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Flancrest_ent:

Ever come across a topic late night that makes you spend even more money? Now I want a flat top, Damnit.
Do you guys get much splatter beyond your grill? Have a friend that has one and he warned me about putting it on the patio since he gets grease/oil splatter on his deck.

Buy one for sure, gets more use than our grill. I don’t have any splatter issues, if you’re cooking greasy burgers just throw a dome over them if your worried about splatter. Nothing else I’ve cooked really causes splatter.

#117 1 year ago

Ya, ive never noticed a splatter problem. But if u have a finished deck, id get the concern.

#118 1 year ago

I've noticed splatter on my dials/temp controls so there's definitely some going on. Patio is concrete so hard to tell how much but enough to make me think about wearing one of the goofy aprons I've been gifted over the years. Most of them have pockets for spices etc too

#119 1 year ago

I have a Steelmade for my Weber grill, custom ordered and it is worth every dollar. I clean it right away after cooking. I use an old squeeze bootle of hot water, then scrape it down, let it cool down then oil it back up. I have a small bristle brush to clean the drip holes. The inititial seasoning is very easy, bacon fat or crisco gets it done just like a cast iron pan.

#120 1 year ago

Makn a snack!

1998C28E-A990-4958-87DB-7FD9E8090B9F (resized).jpeg1998C28E-A990-4958-87DB-7FD9E8090B9F (resized).jpeg
#121 1 year ago

Hail storm knocked out power here for the next 24-48 hours. I can confirm frozen pizzas covered and cooked on low come out fantastic.

1 month later
#122 1 year ago

So any thoughts on the Pit Boss vs the Blackstone? Curios on how well the ceramic coating holds up over time….there is a lot of debate if you can use metal utensils on it. Additionally how well will it hold up to put cast iron pans/pots on it to cook other stuff.

The ease of maintenance/clean up is easier than the Blackstone but in not sold on the long term durability

Unless you warp it you can’t ruin the cook too on the Blackstone….

#123 1 year ago

Our family joined the flat top group about 5 months ago, we’re loving it every chance we get. Blackstone 36” w/cover, one solid beast.

We have ours on our deck, with a mat underneath it, to catch any additional splatter. For any new owners, get a grilling apron, as you will get some grease activity on your clothes otherwise. Unlike a standard grill using grates, flat tops keep all of the juices right there while cooking. Makes for some amazing flavors.

Season, season, season. Don’t invest the money, then forget to do this.

#124 1 year ago

Went with the Blackstone for now…can always get something else later if there is something better I want instead.

Just finished putting this bad boy together…..now to season it and plan the first cook.

98C74BEE-1002-4779-8349-722D56E96AA0 (resized).jpeg98C74BEE-1002-4779-8349-722D56E96AA0 (resized).jpeg
#125 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Went with the Blackstone for now…can always get something else later if there is something better I want instead.
Just finished putting this bad boy together…..now to season it and plan the first cook.
[quoted image]

Nice! How do you feel the top cover is? Checked out one at Lowes and thought the cover was flexing. Wondering if that was just an abused floor model or if the cover metal is too thin.

#126 1 year ago

I have a Blackstone 3 burner and the cover is fine. Got it at Ace.

#127 1 year ago

Swweet grill! Show us some action pics when ya use it!

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Swweet grill! Show us some action pics when ya use it!

Will do…seasoning it now. Planned first cook is Thursday…burgers of course just to get a feel for it.

Initial observations on this model…..it has a trash bag holder but it is on the right side where the fold out table is so it is obstructed and of little use/value. Only the left side shelf folds down for storage. Magnetic strip is on the front of the left hand shelf above the paper towel holder…not a good placement as oil and crap will drip onto the paper towels or onto the concrete/surface below….also if you slap you spatula/tings or whatever on the strip it is in the way of the paper towels. Utensil holders should have a removable tray so they can hold your stuff and be cleaned as needed.

Side shelfs are good ONLY at the start of the cook as a prep/staging area….they get HOT and will melt your bottles of oil/water so DO NOT place them there when cooking. In fact don’t put ANYTHING plastic on the side shelfs if the griddle is hot.

I am sure it’s gonna cook fine…small issues but really not a big deal.

#129 1 year ago

Nice! How do you feel the top cover is? Checked out one at Lowes and thought the cover was flexing. Wondering if that was just an abused floor model or if the cover metal is too thin.

Top cover is solid on mine. No flexing. A cover is a must.

I assembled mine by myself and overall it’s pretty solid construction…..have put together many gas grills/ cheap furniture and this feels above that. If you get the 36” it recommends 2 people to put the cook top on….it’s heavy but I did it myself…definitely get help if you need it.

#130 1 year ago

I don’t use the side shelves. A wooden wire spool makes a great all purpose patio table. Can saw on it, drill, use it for a bistro table & cover with a cloth for parties.

3 weeks later
#131 1 year ago

Purchased a two burner Blackstone a few weeks ago because of this thread and this thing is a game changer!

I start every morning with a REAL breakfast and this thing makes it super easy to make without stinking up the house. I've also made smashburgers, chicken fried rice, fajitas, and cheesesteak sandwiches. Everything coming off this thing tastes amazing!

What is everyone's favorite meal to make on their griddle?

20220815_084423[1] (resized).jpg20220815_084423[1] (resized).jpg

20220818_202520[1] (resized).jpg20220818_202520[1] (resized).jpg

#132 1 year ago

Tossed out my old Blackstone and will be getting a new one tomorrow just in time for football season.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Tossed out my old Blackstone and will be getting a new one tomorrow just in time for football season.

Why the toss?

#134 1 year ago

Anything that goes with grilled onions - fish, cheesesteaks….

I love how you can get the onions & veggies just how you like them and turn that side down or off while the meat cooks on the other side.

2 months later
#135 1 year ago

Anyone else ever have a problem with one burner not getting high enough flow? I have the 2 burner table top unit, and the first burner in line is very low even when turned to high, the second burner, works as normal.

#136 1 year ago

On Blackstones, you can adjust the flow into the burners. Have to remove the griddle, unfasten the burner , and there’s a little adjustable cover on the burner.

#137 1 year ago

Both burners on my blackstone seem too hot. I always cook on low. Purchased it new 2 months ago.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

On Blackstones, you can adjust the flow into the burners. Have to remove the griddle, unfasten the burner , and there’s a little adjustable cover on the burner.

PERFECT! THANK YOU!

That makes a lot of sense now too, it happened after I moved it around a bunch the last time I took it camping.

Thanks!

#139 1 year ago

Mine were going out, so I opened them all the way. Now it gets too hot too fast, but I’m too lazy to get back underneath.

#140 1 year ago

Thinking about ordering the Cuisinart 22 from woot tonight. What do you guys think?

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Thinking about ordering the Cuisinart 22 from woot tonight. What do you guys think?

Saw this late… did you grab it? I love mine…. Outside edges burn a little hotter than the inside, but all in all, a really slick griddle that is easy to clean and is quite mobile on wheels.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from mycarlooksfast:

Purchased a two burner Blackstone a few weeks ago because of this thread and this thing is a game changer!
I start every morning with a REAL breakfast and this thing makes it super easy to make without stinking up the house. I've also made smashburgers, chicken fried rice, fajitas, and cheesesteak sandwiches. Everything coming off this thing tastes amazing!
What is everyone's favorite meal to make on their griddle?

One thing I like is that I can make 6 grilled cheese sandwiches (or multiple chicken quesadillas) at once so everyone can eat at the same time.

I also like the fact that fish cant fall through the grates. And bacon/etc doesn't smell up the house - that's a biggee.

Plus mine looks like a UFO landed in the yard!

20220515_164933 (resized).jpg20220515_164933 (resized).jpg24 (resized).jpg24 (resized).jpg26 (resized).jpg26 (resized).jpg20210521_212722 (resized).jpg20210521_212722 (resized).jpg
#143 1 year ago

ralphwiggum I joined the club with the Cuisinart 22 360. I'll get a picture tomorrow because it's dark out now. I already seasoned and did some pork chops and veggies. I'm still learning how to deal with the sticking. Probably should have put some oil down for the pork. The veggies were awesome because I didn't have to deal with a basket or losing veggies between the grates and they cooked fast. The pork though didn't give me that BBQ taste. I'm not sure what to think at this point, especially because it appears it takes a ton of cleaning.

This is what I got and was only $155 on Woot.

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 7.32.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-03 at 7.32.51 PM (resized).png

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

ralphwiggum I joined the club with the Cuisinart 22 360. I'll get a picture tomorrow because it's dark out now. I already seasoned and did some pork chops and veggies. I'm still learning how to deal with the sticking. Probably should have put some oil down for the pork. The veggies were awesome because I didn't have to deal with a basket or losing veggies between the grates and they cooked fast. The pork though didn't give me that BBQ taste. I'm not sure what to think at this point, especially because it appears it takes a ton of cleaning.
This is what I got and was only $155 on Woot.
[quoted image]

Put oil down for just about everything you cook, makes cleanup easier too. Always have a squirt bottle of oil and water handy.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Put oil down for just about everything you cook, makes cleanup easier too. Always have a squirt bottle of oil and water handy.

This… I actually use canola spray most of the time… cleaning is a snap too. I just hit it with a solid metal scraper while it’s hot, and then hit it with a little oil and shut it down. Next time I fire it up,‘oil is already seasoning.

I use mine 4-5 times a week…. Fajitas, breakfast, burgers, etc…. Pretty much anything that used to go on the stovetop ends up on there.

I love knocking out French toast and pancakes in large batches (feeding 5).

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Saw this late… did you grab it? I love mine…. Outside edges burn a little hotter than the inside, but all in all, a really slick griddle that is easy to clean and is quite mobile on wheels.

It's back on Woot for same price I paid.

6 months later
#147 10 months ago

This week was shirimp and veggies, and then smash bugers

20230501_183449 (resized).jpg20230501_183449 (resized).jpg20230501_184744 (resized).jpg20230501_184744 (resized).jpg20230505_180318 (resized).jpg20230505_180318 (resized).jpg20230505_180920 (resized).jpg20230505_180920 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#148 9 months ago

Just picked one up. Excited to get cookin.

Resized_20230604_132253 (resized).jpegResized_20230604_132253 (resized).jpeg
#149 9 months ago

My girlfriend got me the Sam's Club Members Mark 5 burner a couple months ago and I can barely get near the thing - she loves it. She said it's been a total game changer. She was too intimidated to cook on a regular grill, but now isn't worried about flare ups or an open flame and feels she can control the temps better. Last night we had bacon, eggs and pancakes for dinner, bacon grilling slightly hotter on one side and eggs on the other, then pancakes. We've made tacos, chicken quesadillas, smashburgers, chicken, salmon, everything.

output_image1686328510722 (resized).jpgoutput_image1686328510722 (resized).jpgoutput_image1686328542452 (resized).jpgoutput_image1686328542452 (resized).jpgoutput_image1686328633572 (resized).jpgoutput_image1686328633572 (resized).jpg
#150 9 months ago

I could not take it any longer looking at all the pics... We got the Members Mark 4 burner on a flash sale. Now to season the cook surface.

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flat-top-grill-griddle-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.