(Topic ID: 68671)

Flasher Sale! $.99 Each Intro offer- Comet Pinball - 5% Donated to Pinside!

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_00000174.jpg
    2FLUXWIREDT10  composite.jpg
    6 smd fan.JPG
    cometpinball.jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Thanks Guys! Id say a success!

The orders are overwhelming, I get to buy and create new products, and some nice coin will be sent to help Pinside!

Even though the sale is to End at midnight, I am just too tired to mess with tonight. So staff, will turn off around 12 oclock tomorrow EST.

All orders that arrived Friday after 6 PM, and Saturday should ship tomorrow. All Sundays orders will ship either Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

We will be running another insane sale next month, with donations going to help pets, in honor of BlondeTall,
    who gives tirelessly to help dogs.

I hope in doing this to give back to different needs that are important to fellow pinsiders.
    We are all here thanks to Robins hard work, and the Joy of pinball!

My goal, other then using the proceeds to help pay insane Health Insurance,
    is to help see all pins that owners that want to, create a beautiful game to their taste.

By bringing new products to the hobby, I hope that others have that joy of lighting up a game....
    You know, that point ...where its done....and you step back and say Holy Sh*t! That looks amazing!

My thanks to you all, I am honored to help, and I appreciate all the PMs.

Whomever your vendor choice is for LEDs the only goal is a great looking Pin to play!
    My thanks to them for being there when I needed them too!

OK, on to see about if this new double inverted frosted cone lens is better then the diamond faceted round rhombus....This is Fun!

Art

#52 6 years ago

How about a THUMBS UP for Art!!!

Thanks!!!!

#53 6 years ago

I ordered late on Friday and they arrived this morning!

This is twice in a row of super fast shipping.

They also added a piece of candy

The only thing I would like next time is for the sale to take place starting Monday as I don't have time until the weekend so I have to stare at them all week on my desk.

Thanks Comet.

1 week later
    #54 6 years ago

Nice seeing you at the car show bump for Art

#55 6 years ago

Are the Optix Maximus bulbs no longer available? I am not seeing them on the website.

#56 6 years ago

They are being retooled on the 44/47 base, as they were fitting about 60% of the games.
    I do have some, if you wish to PM me, we can see if it will work for you.
    555, and 12V spots, Warm white as well are all on order, with restock in approx 6 weeks.
    We want it to be the best, and learned of a minor issue after we released.....

Art

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They are being retooled on the 44/47 base, as they were fitting about 60% of the games.I do have some, if you wish to PM me, we can see if it will work for you.555, and 12V spots, Warm white as well are all on order, with restock in approx 6 weeks.We want it to be the best, and learned of a minor issue after we released.....
    Art

Okay, at least it wasn't just me then...I ordered 4 to try them out and had a heck of a time trying to get them to fit in my Getaway LOL...sockets just sit too low for those big lenses. I can get them to work by pushing the socket up in the hole, but waiting to test them any further until I get everything that's broken in the head repinned... I'm getting some bad strobing from them and it might be my power chain...I haven't tested them in my STTNG to be sure. I'm not entirely sure I have the GI dimming disable either, which might be causing it too now that I think about it..

#58 6 years ago

Hi Frax,

Send me a PM and Ill take care of it for you, regarding mechanical fit issues.
    As far as strobing, we ran some tests showing them to flicker no less frequently then incandescent or single SMDs,
    They are just so bright, they are noticed more. But of course if they are causing you an issue, we can gladly exchange or refund.

As these get tested by "us" we hope that people will share any issues, if we need to start a list of such.
    No worries, anyone who has an issue or is not pleased, just send me a PM/Email, and we will replace or refund.

We have also found, on Roadshow as an example different stability/flicker based on game. Mine personal, yes, another persons none.

I have the opportunity to make these in DC or AC, and have sought advice and opinions...
    If you are reading this, perhaps you can help.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-opinion-is-neededac-or-dc#post-1243078

This is a $27-$49 auto bulb we have introduced for $2.00, and it is amazing, getting it perfect is the next step, and any help is appreciated...our games will love it too!

#59 6 years ago

I only ordered 3 Optix and they are amazing but they are really hard to fit or do not fit at all. This is why I only ordered 3 to test. Very different from all of the others that I have tried and I have tried many other LED's. They are very bright which is great for some of those large darker plastics that tend to be in the back of the playfield. They have excellent even light dispersion as claimed.

3 weeks later
    #60 5 years ago

Hey Art,

Quick update on availability of some of the bulbs that had been sold out or not available before?

#61 5 years ago

On Flashers, I hope to finish by Monday/Tuesday a complete revamping with many new flashers to the market.
    I am excited to increase the variety, and varying degrees of brightness so everyone can chose the correct flasher and brightness for game.

Op-Max, is 4-5 weeks away...I am waiting on one pinsider.

Some of the new UV bulbs are home this weekend for testing.

Normal Stock, Frosted SMDs, 5 SMD's and a few LEDs are all in process and scheduled, hopefully for
    stock replacement in a couple of weeks, around Christmas/New Years.

Diamond Faceted Round...New to market and a beauty...a bulb between frosted and clear with twice the
    through, will be in for public testing in white, at first in 3-4 weeks.

Colors in 4+1 in 6.3 Volts should arrive next week,

Retros came in last week, and were formally listed 2 days ago.

What else? an assortment of 12 V bulbs will go up this week.

I think I left a few out?

but the one line answer would have been a couple of weeks for everything you know or have seen, and 3-4 for for
    bulbs new to market in full, with bunches getting posted every week.

Sorry for running out...the response was overwhelming.....

Art

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside