(Topic ID: 68671)

Flasher Sale! $.99 Each Intro offer- Comet Pinball - 5% Donated to Pinside!

By OLDPINGUY

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_00000174.jpg
    2FLUXWIREDT10  composite.jpg
    6 smd fan.JPG
    cometpinball.jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Well, Some of you might know me, and many dont, so Id like to introduce myself and my Company, Comet Pinball!

I have been an obsessive pinhead for 41 years, doing the East coast Life. I started in NY, writing pin articles for publications from Jim and Candace Tolbert, to helping Dick Bueschel with research on his Pinball Encyclopedia.
    You can find me and some of my collection in his book.

All this means is I am insanely addicted to Pinball! and I am Passionate about LEDs!

To introduce you to my company, we are offering several thousand flashers at $.99 with a 5% Donation going to Pinside!

Here are the two links:
    http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm

Supplies are limited....Flex Flashers are not included....please be patient, the mailbox is filling Fast!

I hope yo'll take a peek around, check out or Op-Max, or Super Flux No Ghost, No Flicker, Ultimate Optix,
    our 8 bulbs unique to my company, crazy prices, and some more color changers I still need to post.

My apologies ahead of time for some bulbs which will likely run out of stock on...its tricky to know how much to carry..but we are here, at to answer the timeless question of "How do your bulbs compare to......???"

They compare just fine, we use many of the same factories you are already use to.

I appreciate your time and your business. We hope to make a difference by bringing new and exciting products to
    the market.

Thank you!

Art

cometpinball.jpgcometpinball.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

Buy with confidence See Ya at SPF

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Turboderf:

Buy with confidence See Ya at SPF

+1

#4 10 years ago

These flashers are great!! I just got them a few days ago as I had some on back order and Art sent them out to me the day he got them in. At 99 cents each it is finally affordable to get LED flashers in all your pins! So glad to get them in my Back to the Future as a couple of the old incandescent flashers had gotten stuck on and actually melted the inserts. This will never happen with these great LEDs!! Plus my BTTF uses over 30 flashers so it was actually finally affordable to do it all with new LED flashers! Plus Art is giving 5% of the sale as a donation to Pinside!!

Now's the time! Get your Flashers! It's a Win Win for everybody!!!

#5 10 years ago

Website says the flashers work great under large inserts. You mean where a flasher would normally go, or where a normal bulb would go?

#6 10 years ago

Good Question, sorry for the confusion, and Ill fix on the site.
    What I meant was as an example, the Hot dog insert in Spiderman, or RoadShow.
    As these are Top facing flashers, a 4+1 underneath would like the cabinet and other inserts,
    better to shoot the light straight up.
    On the playfield, unless you are young, at least with better eyes then me, the 8's are insanely bright.
    I changed mine to the 4+1...about 30% brighter then an incandescent and I dont get blinded.
    Everyone is different, I will be adding some 9 SMD towers in a few days...I dont know about the 13.

Need sunglasses to play in the Dark!

I hope this helps.

Art

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Website says the flashers work great under large inserts. You mean where a flasher would normally go, or where a normal bulb would go?

I'm sure it's where a flasher would normally go. My BTTF has a few inserts that have both a flasher and a normal bulb. If you need a real bright regular bulb just check out www.cometpinball.com as Art has all kinds of different regular very bright LEDs available!!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Good Question, sorry for the confusion, and Ill fix on the site.
    What I meant was as an example, the Hot dog insert in spiderman, or roadshow.
    As these are Top facing flashers, a 4+1 underneath would like the cabinet and other inserts,
    better to shoot the light straight up.
    On the playfield, unless you are young, at least with better eyes then me, the 8's are insanely bright.
    I changed mine to the 4+1...about 30% brighter then an incandescent and I dont get blinded.
    Everyone is different, I will be adding some 9 SMD towers in a few days...I dont know about the 13.
    Need sunglasses to play in the Dark!
    I hope this helps.
    Art

Yup. Def. Thanks. Will be placing an order soon to sample all the new styles. I'm a sucker for pretty lights. Always looking for the "perfect" combo. Hundreds of LEDs later....lol.

#10 10 years ago

Art, I noticed your LEDs have your company name (Comet) on them.

Do you make your LEDs?

#11 10 years ago

I suppose Yes, I work now with 5 factories, 3 of which supply about 70% of all the bulbs for pinball vendors here and in Europe. So chances are you have purchased some of the basics, that are from the same factory.The other two are not manufacturing for anyone else in the industry.

I was going to say, "yup, one at a time!"

#12 10 years ago

I can't get on the site for some reason.

#13 10 years ago

Not sure....its working fine....perhaps you can clear your cache, if it is storing an older reference.

http://www.cometpinball.com/

#14 10 years ago

How long will they be available for .99 ?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not sure....its working fine....perhaps you can clear your cache, if it is storing an older reference.
    http://www.cometpinball.com/

Dunno. I'm on my iPhone since I'm not at home....website just won't load up. I'll try my iPad later on.

#16 10 years ago

Comet pinball has FAST shipping, great quality LEDs! All my LEDs are from Comet.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

How long will they be available for .99 ?

Till Sunday night at midnight or quantities run out......

I am not sure whats left, but thanks for the pile of orders!

Hope to ship all out today, or at the latest Monday.

Thank you, Sincerely.

Art

#18 10 years ago

Order placed.

#19 10 years ago

Hopefully what I need will be left by the time I get home and make a count.. :p

#20 10 years ago

Order placed, thanks!

#21 10 years ago

What would I order to replace my 47 bayonets, or 455's on my Star Race????

#22 10 years ago

Order placed....wish it was more like amazon with free shipping on orders placed over $25 instead of $100.....but I understand with the low price with weight of LEDs....it takes quite a few to get the deal. Looking forward to trying these out.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

What would I order to replace my 47 bayonets, or 455's on my Star Race????

Bayonet blinker bulbs are available here for $.99.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smdba9sblink.htm

I am sorry I sold out of natural whites at this time...warm is in stock.
    I dont know if color changing would work for this game. but I have this too.

If someone knows differently, please share.

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Order placed....wish it was more like amazon with free shipping on orders placed over $25 instead of $100.....but I understand with the low price with weight of LEDs....it takes quite a few to get the deal. Looking forward to trying these out.

So sorry, Id like to be Amazon too!

#24 10 years ago

are there any reviews of comet LEDs somewhere? Id love to read about it.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

are there any reviews of comet LEDs somewhere? Id love to read about it.

Comet is a relatively new company. Just search Comet LED and I'm sure you will get all sorts of threads with info on Comet. I've been purchasing from Comet since they opened their doors and all I can say is the products and service are excellent!! Plus they have the best prices to be found.

Try them and I promise you won't be disappointed!!

#26 10 years ago

Placed my order for 2 sets of 20 GI bulbs a few days ago. Art noticed that buying packs of 25 would have been cheaper, so he changed my order to 25-unit packs and threw in some free samples to make up for the extra $$$ I spent because I wasn't paying attention.

If the the bulbs are as good as the customer service, my Getaway is going to look amazing!

#27 10 years ago

Funny, I just ordered all the bulbs to finish my Getaway as well last night. So my game will be about half Comet, half PinballBulbs. That is a sweet deal on the flashers. The only thing I found wanting for was the 5-SMD type flashers in an 89 base. Wedge bulbs don't do me any good for these Williams games where all the playfield flashers that sit on level with the playfield are 89's....so I ordered the flats to try them instead. Hopefully it will look okay. If not, I'll repurpose them.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

The only thing I found wanting for was the 5-SMD type flashers in an 89 base.

Coming.....just trying to get the price down.....I dont like overpaying, or overcharging for any bulb.
    This one has been a bit of trouble.....I will continue to threaten, bribe and negotiate!

#29 10 years ago

I jumped on the site and was going to order 12 x 25 LEDs packs. Does the price adjust itself once I go through the checkout process, it was looking like it wasn't going to change?

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pintoxicated:

I jumped on the site and was going to order 12 x 25 LEDs packs. Does the price adjust itself once I go through the checkout process, it was looking like it wasn't going to change?

Just order 25 individually. I think the sale is on the singles and not the packs.

I ordered a few to try.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

so I ordered the flats to try them instead. Hopefully it will look okay.

I used the flat 8 SMD flashers in my BTTF both under the inserts and on the playfield. On the playfield the flashers sit under colored caps and they work great!! Used the warm white flashers under the red and yellow caps and a natural white flasher under the clear cap behind the clock tower. The red and yellow really pop and the natural white looks like a lightning strike on the clock tower!

#32 10 years ago

This might help. If you are purchasing 12 packs or more of 25.... 1 SMD, 2 SMD or 4 SMD, you can mix and match all of them, for a net cost of $.59 a Bulb!

No one else offers 2 SMD faceted, and 4 SMD at these prices!

Here is that link:
    http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/300-pack-smd.htm

This is a better way then buying a kit. You get enough bulbs to do 2 to 3 games for the price of one Kit!
    Add a few Cyan, Purple etc, some color changers, and a Few Op-Max or Optix, and for $200, the cost of one
    pre-made kit....You have a huge assortment to customize a game to Your tastes, rather then someone else's.

You decide if the white featured inserts are Red, Blue, Green or Purple, change them whenever you want, it feels like a new game if you re-arrange a few insert colors!

We will be also offering a $99.00 Starter Kit of 100 whites, with a good mix of colors, usually enough to complete one game....Thats right....watch for a $99.00 Starter Kit!!!

or build your LED toolbox with the 300 piece offer!

If you were looking for single LED;s

Here is the link:
    http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/300-pack-led.htm

Same Great deal, 300 LEDs in 25 packs for $78.00!

Thats $.26 a bulb!! Great for smaller inserts and older games, this is a great buy to have around.

Art

#33 10 years ago

I've been looking for a red and yellow 4+1 555 base in a no ghost for sys 11 pops. Do you have anything like that?

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from cranie:

I've been looking for a red and yellow 4+1 555 base in a no ghost for sys 11 pops. Do you have anything like that?

We have 4+1 in White in 6.3 V at this time.
    They will be arriving in all colors in approx. 6-8 weeks.
    However, they will not be made with no ghosting circuitry.
    Please excuse my ignorance, as we are doing these for GI, which dont ghost.
    Do system 11 Pops ghost?

I am a little concerned a 4+1 will be too bright for pops.

I have two other suggestions, The Ultimate Optix, are no ghosting and no Flicker and do work well with system 11.
    Either a single, but for more light maybe a two headed flexible, positioning either both to the top, or one up and to the side. They are available in those colors

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2-flux-wired.htm

Another choice worth trying, might be the 6 SMD Crystal Fan, that JAGS reviewed,,,This comes in your colors and provides even light to the top and the bottom of a Pop. If it is a clear Pop lens, they have a Star pattern....
    Working on photos for that...

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6smdfan.htm

6 smd fan.JPG6 smd fan.JPG

2FLUXWIREDT10  composite.jpg2FLUXWIREDT10 composite.jpg
    #35 10 years ago

+1 good guy and good product!

#36 10 years ago

Just placed an order. Can't wait to get them installed!

#37 10 years ago

Looks like most of the white LED's 906 and 89 are out of stock.

#38 10 years ago

Someone asked about a video...here is a review of 1-4 SMD, and 1 LED, on install in a Swords of Fury, by Brewers Arcade a couple of months back.....

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you were looking for single LED;s
    Here is the link:
    http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/300-pack-led.htm
    Same Great deal, 300 LEDs in 25 packs for $78.00!
    Thats $.26 a bulb!! Great for smaller inserts and older games, this is a great buy to have around.
    Art

This is the deal I was looking at. Great value. When I entered 12 packs of 25 the price didn't alter although there may be every chance I was doing it wrong.

Thanks for the link. Hard to go past at that price and perfect to have handy in the kit.

#40 10 years ago

This wh20 says thanks to comet leds! Not a single bad bulb in the bunch

IMG_00000174.jpgIMG_00000174.jpg
    #41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jags:

I used the flat 8 SMD flashers in my BTTF both under the inserts and on the playfield. On the playfield the flashers sit under colored caps and they work great!

You completely missed the point. There's no domes where I'll be using them. They're under plastics.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We have 4+1 in White in 6.3 V at this time.
    They will be arriving in all colors in approx. 6-8 weeks.
    However, they will not be made with no ghosting circuitry.
    Please excuse my ignorance, as we are doing these for GI, which dont ghost.
    Do system 11 Pops ghost?
    I am a little concerned a 4+1 will be too bright for pops.

Yes, pops with LED's in Sys 11 ghost especially Whirlwind which really shows it.
    I've tried Cointaker Supers and 4+1 colored in pops and the 4+1 give the best lighting effect for them being it's a wide light pattern. Plain white in colored pops wash out too much especially in Yellow.

#43 10 years ago

This is the deal I was looking at. Great value. When I entered 12 packs of 25 the price didn't alter although there may be every chance I was doing it wrong.

Thanks for the link. Hard to go past at that price and perfect to have handy in the kit.

Sorry, you may have had trouble. First, my error, in the rush of the sale and all new products, I neglected to restock about 8 colors/bases that were out of stock, That has been fixed, and we are currently only out of stock on
    Bayonet Warm, clear and Frosted. We do have those in stock in 3 sizes of domes, so if you or anyone needed, just order natural, and in the notes section ask to "change to warm bullets" We will do so.

When you order, and its an honor system, each 25 pack will show for $6.50. (other then Pink and Purple, which cost a few cents more), the $6.50 reflects $.26 a bulb.

Fast and easy, just pick your base, clear or frosted, and color...pretty fast.
    If you have any issues, PM, call or email me, and Ill take care of it for you direct.

Quoted from cranie:

Yes, pops with LED's in Sys 11 ghost especially Whirlwind which really shows it.
    I've tried Cointaker Supers and 4+1 colored in pops and the 4+1 give the best lighting effect for them being it's a wide light pattern. Plain white in colored pops wash out too much especially in Yellow.

Good to know. Where you referring to the taller 4+1 Flux or the 4+1 all LED? Either way, both are a bit older technology as all LEDs are. They progressed to SMD, and then Pirahana, or Super Flux Optix.

My best thoughts for this would be:

1) A non ghosting frosted SMD. ( CT, PBB, PBL, or me)
    2) A non Ghosting Non-Flickering Super Flux...Single, Single Flex, or Double Flex.
    3) Other? a resistor addition on the outside, or a removal, there are threads, for this and an additional board.
    I will apologize, as much as I know, I dont know this, and dont want to give wrong advice.
    Perhaps a separate thread.

4+1 could be made in non ghosting, there just isnt enough demand to justify thousand piece runs....sorry.

Personally, I'd gamble with a $2.00 Optix, and try.

Art

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You completely missed the point. There's no domes where I'll be using them. They're under plastics.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I would think they should work just fine under the plastics. If not, Art will have the 4+1 that will fit your needs soon. And like you said you can simply use the flats somewhere else in the future.

Good luck and have fun!!

#45 10 years ago

Can we place an order for out of stock LED's?

I need x25 #89's in natural white and x6 #906's in natural white,

I don't mind placing the order and paying while you re-stock

#46 10 years ago

Thanks for the Deal! Just placed my order. Can't wait to pimp out Popeye.

#47 10 years ago

Just placed my order. Only 45 minutes left for the sale... bulb bump!

#48 10 years ago

Guys get your orders in and overwhelm Art a little more

We should be so lucky to have great vendors in our hobby!

#49 10 years ago

Btw even at full price were getting a deal!

#50 10 years ago

Missed a larger order by 47minutes. Damn...

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flasher-sale-99-each-intro-offer-comet-pinball-5-donated-to-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.