(Topic ID: 89172)

Flasher Problem On Road Show

By Captain_Tilter

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_tilter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi you guys,
So I purchased a road show in need of a little love and after makeovers for red and ted, playfield touchups from someone driving a few 5/8" screws threw the playfield, etc.... everything is finally looking good but I have one problem left that I could use some advice/input on.. The little flipper flasher, left ramp flasher, and the 2 white flashers in the back are stuck on.. My immediate response was to replace the transistors for these flashers in question. I did so (without checking them of course) and the problem still persists. I have pulled the Aux driver board and checked all transistors, diodes, resistors, pre-drivers and all test good, so it seems that the U1 20 pin chip (i.c74ALS576) would tie all these flashers together and need replacing. Would everyone else agree on this or am I missing somewhere else to check first. Thank you for your time as I am feeling a bit stumped.

#2 9 years ago

Forgot to mention that I checked that no wires are grounded out, and the ribbon cable is seated correctly as well.

#3 9 years ago

Bump for hopeful advice.

#5 9 years ago

OK so replaced the i.c chip tonight and ..........that's not it. flashers still on. Not sure what you mean by testing the signals CadillacMusic could you elaborate because I am pretty new to trying to fix these things. Also should I start looking at other areas besides the Aux driver board? Thanks for any suggestions as I am officially frustrated. Also not sure if this is relevant but the game is a re-import.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the info Marc. I did test those and everything tested good. Something I noticed tonight however in the flasher test mode was that after opening the coin door while running the flasher tests the flasher do not immediately stop as they are supposed to.... rather they just flash a few more times and fade out and stop over about 5 flashes...... Could this be a possible clue to the issue? This happens with all the flashers not only the ones stuck on. Thanks for any info.

#10 9 years ago

My MM has a logic probe setting that only shows low (less than 1v) or High (+1volt). Not sure of I need something more specific as I have never used this setting before but hey that's how you learn right! Thanks for your time and response.

#11 9 years ago

Damn, that's a good idea as well. I am gonna try swapping those tomorrow!

#13 9 years ago

Thanks Marc I will try this tonight and report back.

#15 9 years ago

Been busy with work stuff so hopefully going to put some time into this soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_tilter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flasher-problem-on-road-show?tu=captain_tilter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.