(Topic ID: 37589)

Flasher on LOTR fell out and blew up upon pinball impact.

By FiveSixPyro

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The red lamp on top of the aragorn ramp flew out on a multiball and before I had a chance to open the door to take the glass off it was demolished upon pinball impact. I took a duster buster and vacuumed out the bulk. I am just wondering if I should get in there and remove any small pieces that might have settled into the PoTD Vuk or just let it settle and vacuum out the cabinet when it all settles. Any advice is welcomed. Also any tricks to secure the new bulb. Maybe replace the yellow connecter. since I can't get a tight fit even when tweaking the leads on the bulb or some electrical tape under the leads for a more snug fit. Thanks!

FSP

#2 11 years ago

This happened to me when I replaced it with an LED. The bulb is back in there now and has not fallen out. I am interested to see what people suggest.

#3 11 years ago

I've had a few loose GI bulbs on Sterns before that I ended up using some tac putty to keep to stay. I think it's called tac putty at least, it's that stuff you get to put up posters when you can't use tacs in the walls, it's kind of like silly putty. I just put a very small bit in the middle of the socket, put the bulb in and it holds like glue.

#4 11 years ago

Friday night snowy bump?

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for all the advice for those who posted.

#6 11 years ago

On WH2O the bulb in front of bigfoot gets broken all the time (at least until you add another post to stop that from happening...).

I'd use a real shop vac and vacuum the entire playfield, then stand the playfield up on end and vac everything that falls in the cab. Pound it gently a few times to shake any other glass chips loose.

Glass is abrasive, it's worth the time to get it all out.

If the socket does not have gripping power anymore, it is time to replace it.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks vid. I figured that might help grab attention. You're known for good advice. That's all the advice I needed. TY

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.50
€ 7.50
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flasher-on-lotr-fell-out-and-blew-up-upon-pinball-impact and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.