• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20160926-194840 (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Plumonium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I'm working on my Pinbot and found this:

Playfield flashers are identified 2 ways, some 89 and some 1251. 89 are supposed to be 13v and 1251 28v. However the stickers says differently. Sticker near the drop down targets says 1251 28v and flashers at the top stickers says 89 28v as well !?!

See for yourself:
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Now I'm confused what bulb to use really, what is currently on are 67 (equivalent to 89)

Can someone enlighten me?

#6 7 years ago

So when it says 28v #89 it means to use 89 bulbs and the circuit runs at 28volts? As oppose to other flasher circuit using 89 still but running at 12 v? Like some of the back box flashers.

I never seen this sticker before that is what threw me off, kinda confusing because I would think anything running 28v should use 1251.

#10 7 years ago

Yeah the game is in thousand pieces so I can't test now.

I was aware the eyes were 1251 but did not know there were some else were on the playfield as well ( near the drop-down targets) unless the sticker was misplaced?

And then, why is there a sticker that states 28v #89? Does not make sense to me...

I got 1251 in stock.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

28v should blow up your #89's quite nicely.
LTG : )

Again, there was #67 throughout and doing fine so I guess it's not running at 28v. (except the eyes). These stickers are just misleading to me.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I had the stickers in other places as well. I just used the 1251's where the manual said, eyes in the backglass, and the eyes and associated in the playfield. I think there are 8 total bulbs that are 1251. I used LED's everyplace else.

Yeah, there are 4 on the playfield for the visor eyes. And the backglass eyes, not sure how many. I guess all the remaining flashers on the playfield are 12v #89 and I should just ignore the stickers...

2 years later
#16 5 years ago

Can't remember of the top of my head, but 4 bulbs in the cabinet head are 28v so definitely not #89. I can check later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Plumonium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flasher-bulb-question?tu=Plumonium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.