• Latest reply 5 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4FD8060F-F711-4F00-948D-A271EC92D0FD (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hello, my flash turns on but won’t start a game now? I’m still fairly new into the hobby. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!!

#2 5 years ago

Ball in ball trough ? Switch in there working ? Credits on the game ?

You can always pull and check fuses with a meter, a good learning experience.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago

Pretty sure flash will start without a ball In the trough.

I’d suspect good old fashioned “no credits” or a switch issue on start button.

Or game isn’t booting. oP gave us almost no info to work with.

#5 5 years ago

Any idea how to add credits on flash?

#6 5 years ago

Put a quarter in the slot on the front of the machine & press the start button to start a game.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Put a quarter in the slot on the front of the machine & press the start button to start a game.

That only works if there's coin mechs.

He may have to manually close the switches on the coin slot behind the coin door.

If Jimmy really wants some help he'll give us some more information or he's just wasting our time. How about answering the questions about what's on the displays? Maybe a few pics?

#9 5 years ago

Here’s a photo of what the displays are showing. Sorry guys. I’m very new to all of this. The game was working fine for the past 6 months. Then all of the sudden. It wouldn’t start a game?

4FD8060F-F711-4F00-948D-A271EC92D0FD (resized).jpeg4FD8060F-F711-4F00-948D-A271EC92D0FD (resized).jpeg
#10 5 years ago

That’s the audit screen. Turn off the game and back on real quick twice and it should go to normal attract. Bad batteries would cause this. You’ll have to add credits. Inside the coin door at the bottom are switches with a bent wire attached. Push downon the wire should add credits

#11 5 years ago

Bad batteries, might be corroded. Replace them and see if there's any corrosion on the holder

#12 5 years ago

Send a picture of the board holding the batteries - we will want to see if the batteries leaked. If you don't know how to remove the backglass to get to the circuit boards, do a search of the site.

#13 5 years ago

Okay. Thanks guys. I had the battery holder switched out with a lithium battery a year ago. I’d be shocked it that was dead. Maybe it is?? I’m not home at the moment. I will take a pic of the battery later. However, all it is, is a round lithium battery. A year old.

#14 5 years ago

Open coin door, turn game on/off/on real quick, see if it goes into attract mode (light on and high score reset)... you would have to change settings to get back into free play.

#15 5 years ago

It was a bad lithium battery. Thanks for all your help everyone!!

#16 5 years ago

Hi,I just had same problem with my flash gordan.turns out it was loose or dirty connector on board plug in.i wiggled the plugs as I pushed start button and machine started working again.keep plug ins clean.

#17 5 years ago

Good to hear. Do you know how to put it back to free play and set any other preferred settings?

I wish my Flash backglass looked more like yours.

#18 5 years ago

Yes,it's a williams.the setting is made by buttons in door.dont know which prompt sets free play,but ask someone on forum who has same machine.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Yes,it's a williams.the setting is made by buttons in door.dont know which prompt sets free play,but ask someone on forum who has same machine.

All the adjustments are in the manual. Set max credits to 0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-wont-start-game?hl=pinballbrian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.