(Topic ID: 142036)

"Flash" Williams 1979 Strobe light question plus other questions.

By Scrooloose

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DavidC
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ssr2.jpg
ssr.jpg
strobe.png
IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scrooloose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am getting ready to pump some life into a Flash pinball machine. This is my 2nd pinball machine restoration project. The first one I did about 15 years ago was basically a cleanup and swap out each piece for piece. Pretty easy.

Now this one is different. Mind you I have very little electronics background but build computers all the time. I know there is a big margin there. This game that I picked up has all the schematics, prints and parts manuals.

So far I have a LED kit, lighted flipper buttons, 2 sets of LCD scoresboards, plunger. Will I need a new power supply for the LED"s?

Ok for the strobe question. I was in high school when this machine came out. Our local Malibu Grand Prix had one but what was different that it had a strobe light attached at the top of the back glass. Everytime the flash would go off the strobe would also flash. What would be needed (besides the strobe) to make this happen?

Thank you for your time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am a noob when it comes to this. Enclosed is pictures. I have another question. The image with the 2 boards I notice that there is a maple coloured board that looks like either 3 fuses or batteries go in those slots. Which is it?

Again thank you all. =)

IMG_0423.jpgIMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0430.jpgIMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0425.jpgIMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpgIMG_0426.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Wow thank you all for the responses. =) I will let you all know if I blow up or made it work. I will keep posting the progression.

I am glad that others have seen the strobe attached. I have asked others who are pinball repair people and they look at me like I am nuts. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scrooloose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-williams-1979-strobe-light-question-plus-other-questions?tu=scrooloose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.