Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

goodbye flash.png
image.jpg
IMG_0481.jpg
IMG_0472.jpg
IMG_0480.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpu-slave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

Not trying to rain on your parade but 7-bills might be a tad high for even a fully working Flash. The displays and decent backglass do help but you might be better off just fixing it. I suggest you re-flow the header pins on your boards (sounds like cold solder joints causing display issues) and replace that 40-pin interconnect - my guess is that will take care of most of the problems. Get it working and then sell it if it still bothers you.

#17 9 years ago

I've seen this scenario play out countless times:

guy overpays for machine.
machine develops issue (on its own or from being incorrectly 'fixed')
can't\won't learn to properly fix or have fixed
after fishing no more than 3 days for someone to overpay for project, parts it out due to frustration.

Even after being offered help and services to assist to get this pin repaired, guy still would rather part it. wow....

I would have been interested in the whole thing because the issues are very minor and easy to fix - however I would only be in at a price that would make sense for a non-working flash project. Like I stated earlier, 7-bills was more than fully working flash pins fetch around here...

I'm going to be keeping my eye on the OP - he's got a few machines in his collection that will develop issues at some point and we'll probably see this play out again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpu-slave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-too-many-problems-better-to-sell-as-project-or-part-out?tu=cpu-slave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.