Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by HHaase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Had a few issues that I am working through but am a novice, have managed to fix the stuck flippers thanks to rebuild kits from Marco, boy do they ship fast ordered Thursday night and parts arrived at my door Tuesday lunchtime in Australia.

The next problem is the sound worked sporadically and has now stopped all together. I have checked speaker wires, connections but am unsure what to do next. Any advice would be great before I have to shell out for a technician.

#2 12 years ago

Check the fuses with a digital multimeter.

#3 12 years ago

Probably a dumb question..to check the fuses leave in place power on, and measure what comes through?

3 weeks later
#4 12 years ago

Remove fuses and check for continuity.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Bamaro:

Remove fuses and check for continuity.

Thanks Bamaro, will give that a try...just ordered a let kit from Marco can't wait for it to arrive.

#6 12 years ago

Also, the header pins in the boards tend to have cracked solder joints on that era machine. Thankfullly it's also before the era of IDC connectors, so generally the wire harness connectors are good.

-Hans

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-sound-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.