• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171204_201550 (resized).jpg
20171204_201540 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Wrapping up repairing and cleaning up a Flash I picked up a few weeks ago as a project. The second and fourth player displays both have the third digit out. I'm hoping this isn't coincidence and that there's a fix here.

When I swap the connectors going into to the displays (change player 1 connector to player 2 for example ) the player 1 display is then missing the third digit, so I'm assuming the displays are good and there's a connector or board issue.

I was trying to go back to the manual to look at the display schematic to see if by chance there was a common component between those two digits (dead resistor etc) but the scan of the manual I have is pretty rough and I couldn't make out too much on the display pages (IPDB scan).

Anyone have any insight into what to check? I added a picture of the board also because it looks like some of those resistors could be fried, but I can't make out in the manual what display they are related to or what they should be measuring.

Help me take this thing across the finish line!

20171204_201540 (resized).jpg20171204_201540 (resized).jpg
20171204_201550 (resized).jpg20171204_201550 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Thanks! I had actually looked at this link earlier but my schematic scan was so bad it wasn’t a ton of help. I went back again after you posted and started at the mpu and found that if I moved the connector on the mpu the displays came in! They work now, ha, but I assume I need to repin the connector or just reflow some solder so I’ll shore that up when I have some time, but at least we know where the problem was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-second-and-fourth-player-displays-saw-digit-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.