Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I have an issue with score display. Looks like someone before I got this pin has used sandpaper on the board connectors. My question is what is the fix if any? Looks like that went to town on it pretty good. All score displays are very finicky works for a bit and goes out. I wiggle connectors they start working again.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

A brandishing tool would be appropriate for the contacts, not sandpaper, hopefully they didn’t remove too much material from the contacts.

If the contacts are clean my next step (although time consuming) would be to rebuild the connectors you have to wiggle to get the displays to work.

#3 3 years ago

I would probably go over them with solder and then solder wick to try to fill in the gaps but I'm sure someone else will chime in here

#4 3 years ago

I replaced all the terminals in each connector for now but I was thinking about building them up with solder. Right now you can see more brass color then silver on most of the contacts.

#5 3 years ago

You can solder them and wipe off with a cloth to make it smooth. Don't leave lumpy solder on there it will negatively affect the springiness of the contacts you just replaced.

#6 3 years ago

Ok will do that is kind of what I was thinking. Thanks guys

#7 3 years ago

Ok quick update on my board issue. So I soldered the connector contacts and wiped them off while solder was still hot. Made them nice and silver again. Replaced all the connectors and terminals on all the score boards. Works way better than it did. Just wanted to say thank you guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-score-board-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.