Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1126141931e.jpg
1126141931b.jpg
1126141931a.jpg
1125141708b.jpg
1125141708a.jpg
IMG_0117.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippingr8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Can somebody submit a photo of the proper wiring arrangement for the right lower flipper coil and associated switch on Flash? I just replaced the switch but must have wired it wrong because now it isn't working properly. Here is what I currently have (post switch change-out and now non-working):

IMG_0117.JPGIMG_0117.JPG
#4 9 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Hope these help.

Don't feed - thanks for the pics, but could you snap photos that are even closer to the switch and coil under a bit more light so I can see where each wire goes and better tell what color they are? It's a little hard to tell. There are 2 blue wires, one blue-violet wire, and one blue-black wire coming into the area. If you aren't able to send more pics, can you describe the wiring and which color of the above goes where? thanks much.

1125141708a.jpg 241 KB

1125141708b.jpg 303 KB

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

OK, this is the best I could do with what I have. You can click the pics to make them full size.
If you haven't already, do what Slim and Vid say and gap that outer switch on the stack. You can see the gap in my first pics.

Dontfeed,

Thanks for all of the pics - this helped a lot, confirming that I didn't mix up the wiring when I replaced the old switch for the new. My wiring is indeed correct. Unfortunately, I still have a flipper problem.

What is happening now is that the coil energizes weakly (and buzzes) and barely budges the plunger when the flipper button is pushed. I checked the gap of that new EOS switch and it was just barely gapped. I then made sure it had a more noticeable gap, and retried it, and it makes no difference.

Before I rebuilt the right flippers and associated EOS switches, they functioned, albeit not very well. However, the tips, including the contacts of the two longer leafs of the stacked right lower flipper EOS switch had deteriorated away and were gone (I can fish it out of the trash and snap a pic of it if that would help) Im not sure if there was any electrical functionality there in the portion that remained. Additionally, there was an obvious hack wire, which I have since removed, between the coil and the EOS switch that probably bypassed that problem and made it work somehow. I don't recall exactly how it was wired in.

I checked the right lower switch coil to see if any of the three lugs had loose contacts or snapped wiresc, including the thin red coil wires, but I don't see anything obvious. The right upper flipper EOS switch, which is new, is gapped closed at rest.

If you or anyone has any ideas as to where I should look next, they would be appreciated. Could the coil be bad? Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippingr8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-right-lower-flipper-wiring?tu=Flippingr8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.