20220423_221659 copy (resized).jpg
20220325_174607_resized (resized).jpg
20220323_203243_resized (resized).jpg
20220323_200758_resized (resized).jpg
20240116_185350_resized (resized).jpg
20240116_185412_resized (resized).jpg
20200606_222908_resized (resized).jpg
20200606_171150_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

I like your tracing method.. You still need to scan that, but it's easier to scan paper than wood. Also Flash is the PERFECT playfield to retheme. Plentiful, cheap, and a decent layout. If your theme turns out well, others can potentially also make one by finding a cheap flash under $1k.

#41 7 years ago

Skip to 3:30 on Ben's mini shuttle pinball build:

2 weeks later
#68 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Here's the post where I reveal my new theme and, consequently, lose half my audience

dude, you don't even know. Mad respect, GREAT choice of theme!

Seriously, see if this guy will do some custom callouts (I assume you're adding real samples?)

#72 7 years ago

Hope you don't mind, couldn't help myself. Took your playfield shot and tried to line it up with the existing playfield in future pinball the best I could. I have no intention in distributing it, just wanted to see what it might look like populated.

queen_flash_future_pinball_(resized).jpgqueen_flash_future_pinball_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#107 7 years ago

for the backglass it would be cool if you could create this effect:
queen_inifinity_(resized).jpgqueen_inifinity_(resized).jpg

By using an infinity mirror (you'd have to create a mask for the light so you get the shape of their heads):
infinity_mirror_(resized).jpginfinity_mirror_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#141 7 years ago

Easiest: drill new holes in the playfield to adjust for position of brackets (if there's room)
Best solution: Buy a williams lockdown bar. Don't know if the mounting holes are the same, but it will fit (who cares if there are extra holes, you won't see them)

Option 2 is the worst idea

#144 7 years ago

If you're going to cut new slits into the bally lockbar, I would mark each side of the bracket, drill a hole on each end, THEN dremel the slot. That will make for a fairly clean cut

3 weeks later
#176 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Those look great. I will need to make plastics for my re-theme soon so I'm still trying to figure out which approach to use

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/Construction#Custom_Parts

2 weeks later
1 month later
#230 7 years ago

Umm... looks like you got a sticky right flipper, and the GI is flickering when you flip. How do you have everything wired?

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

thanks for undermining my achievement with minutia.

I wasn't trying to do that, I know how much work it all is. I was just curious what was going on.

1 week later
#244 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

It plays! And I have an attract mode light show!

Nice job! Can't wait to see it playing with queen music. Looks like the right inlane has ball hop from wear (common for this title and black knight, especially the right side). There's a trick where if you don't want to replace it, you can drill the holes out a little bigger, then shift it up when you tighten it:

2 months later
#255 7 years ago

The music makes all the difference in the world, that thing looks so good!

5 months later
#316 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Queen would absolutely make a great pinball theme for a real production run, but Stern, Jack, etc. would never make a machine like this

Don't be so sure, I've heard rumors that one of the companies are interested in this title.

3 months later
6 months later
3 months later
#355 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Here's a gameplay video:

what progress from the last update. love the new sound effects and insert light shows. when does the conversion kit come out?

5 years later
#383 3 months ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

The first step in this new phase of the project was to find another Flash playfield. This one was even more damaged than the first one.
(Note: I a ton of flak the first time around for "destroying a perfectly good playfield." My response hasn't changed. I look forward to your downvotes.)
[quoted image]
Once I got it home, I needed to remove and replace all the inserts, to keep with my custom color theme.
[quoted image][quoted image] [quoted image]

Nobody should ever give you flack for trashing a playfield on a flash. They made a ton, and nobody likes the art. Wouldn't surprise me if CPR reruns them but updates the artwork on a version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-retheme-project?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.