IMG_1762 (resized).JPG
DE6C031C-64D1-4BA7-BF11-7784994AA6AC (resized).jpeg
IMG_1746 (resized).JPG
shooter (resized).JPG
IMG_1745 (resized).JPG
IMG_1744 (resized).JPG
IMG_1743 (resized).JPG
IMG_1741 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stephan28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

Just found this post. Here is a photo of mine. Let me know if you need any more pictures.

DE6C031C-64D1-4BA7-BF11-7784994AA6AC (resized).jpegDE6C031C-64D1-4BA7-BF11-7784994AA6AC (resized).jpeg

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

Thanks, Stephan - that helps. My bracket resides about 1/8" toward the top of the playfield compared to yours (manufacturing variance?). Balls like to hit the 3rd flipper. I think I may file the spiral-nail holes to allow the guide to mount 1/8" toward the plunger.

Glad to help! Funny thing, taking that picture got me to start replacing the rubbers and cleaning the playfield a bit. See what you started!

I just found out yesterday that my boards, that Chris repaired, will be shipping soon so it was a great excuse to start ramping up the effort to get the game ready.

4 weeks later
#17 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

OK, I filed the spiral nail holes in the metal to oval, allowing the entire plunger guide to move roughly 1/16-1/8" toward the plunger. Then I gently curved the upper portion of the guide (the part above the "L" bracket spot welded onto the guide). It came with that portion nearly straight. Reinstalling the spiral nails, I left the top one not pounded all the way in, which allows the metal guide to start curving the ball's path earlier.
Once the guide was reinstalled, adjusted and tested, I made a new hole for the tiny screw which makes the angle setting permanent. Now I can plunge the ball softly and pick off individual drop targets, plunge it "medium" and get to the upper rollovers, and plunge it hard and orbit around to the upper right flipper. Plus, the ball never hits the tip of that flipper on the way out of the plunger guide, as it did before.
Boy, does it ever make the game more fun when you can select a skill shot!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like I’m going to need to adjust mine a little as well. Mine is inconsistent. Many times on a full plunge it nicks the top target on the left bank instead of looping around to the top.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

Hi Stephan,
I'm sure you've figured out the adjustment mechanism, but in case not, all you have to do initially is remove playfield glass and fit a screwdriver down the hole in the long plastic at the top of the plunger lane. You can do some adjusting without having to physically alter the metal as I ended up doing.
Greg

Yeah, I see that. I haven’t made an adjustment yet. Looking at the photo I sent you it appears as if I can slide the bracket a little to the right to make the ball release a little higher on the playfield. If I look closely at the photo I see what appears to be a washer impression where it used to be a little further to the right. I also see a black screw head above the adjustment point to lock it down. I just wonder if I need to loosen or remove that black headed screw. I think I’ll try loosening the silver screw and see if I can pivot the bracket a little without disturbing the black screw. If not, then I’ll try loosening the black screw a bit. If that fails I’ll remove the black screw temporarily to make the adjustment.

Suggestions?

F0BEE751-3DC4-4D43-8BC6-326E8B0BCEA7 (resized).jpegF0BEE751-3DC4-4D43-8BC6-326E8B0BCEA7 (resized).jpeg
#21 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

You'll probably need to remove the black screw. If you return the guide to the indented washer location and like how it works, you can always drill a little hole for the black "lock" screw in one of the other 2 little holes in the guide.

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot when I have some time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stephan28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-plunger-lane-guide-help-please?tu=Stephan28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.