IMG_5873 (resized).jpg
IMG_5875 (resized).jpg
IMG_5874 (resized).jpg
IMG_6212 (resized).jpg
E6F140BE-9B08-482F-85F0-F2BABE917375 (resized).jpeg
20221129_190714 (resized).jpg
20221129_190226 (resized).jpg
IMG_6021 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epeabs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBobF:

Hoping someone can assist with an issue I came across.. I’ve had a rottendog MPU in my Flash since I’ve owned it. I also have the original boards. I sent the original boards off to get looked through and received them back last spring. It’s been on route since spring and now I’m looking to sell it but want to sell with the original board. I recently put the original boards back in the game and the game boots and starts fine but when trying to get into the diagnostics to change settings I found it intermittently doesn’t allow me to advance and or change settings using the advance button and start game button. After multiple reboots, ensuring the dip switches are all turned to on pressing the diagnostic button on the board, trying to restore factory settings I am still have those intermittent problems where the advance button doesn’t move through the settings, start button doesn’t change the settings etc. I tested the battery that was replaced with a coin battery and all tested fine. Anyone have any ideas or have the same issues? If so any pointers on how to fix it? Much appreciated!

I have somewhat of a similar issue with mine. All the boards have just been gone through and nvram installed. I can play a game with no issues but I cannot get into diagnostics. I resoldered one wire that had fallen off from the middle lug of the advance switch to the middle lug of the manual/auto up switch. But even after that, the advance switch does nothing. I can switch to auto up and the displays go blank. When I switch it back to manual I get the #1 through all the displays. When I switch back to auto up and then back to manual, #2 is displayed and so on right through #9. The CPU has new Green flipper roms and game rom installed. I want to get into diagnostics since I have no background sound, just game sounds.

#803 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Did you verify with a meter that the switches themselves work reliably?

Not sure if you are asking PinBobF or epeabs ? Thats a good point, I have not actually checked my coin door switches with a meter. But that brings up another question for me. Does anyone have a few pictures from different angles of the wiring at the switches themselves? You never know on a "new to me" machine what is wired correctly or not.

#804 1 year ago

I found my problem on the coin door switches. The IJ4 connector on the CPU had all three wires off one spot. Locations 1, 2 and 3 were being used and #4 was open, yet #1 is the key. Moved all three wires over one spot to locations 2, 3 and 4, and the coin door switches work properly. But even setting the background sound to on, it is still not there. Do I need a new sound ROM?

#805 1 year ago

My other interesting issue is that when pressing the right flipper, I am scoring 10 points (which is the amount for the slingshots). I have opened up the slingshot contacts and it is still occurring. The left flipper also scores some points, maybe 30 or 40. I have also tried banging on the playfield but not really getting anything to score.

#807 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

You have to make sure you're setting the setting that matches your ROM type yellow or green look in gallery for the page that explains the differences.

Thank you @slochar. I think that was part of the problem, I had looked at the wrong page for adjusting with the green roms. Setting #31 (new number) to 01 should give me the background sound throughout the game, but it isn't still.

1 year later
#920 77 days ago

Not sure if it helps, but here is a picture of the power supply in my Flash.

20230110_142357 (resized).jpg20230110_142357 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#943 69 days ago

I am looking for this gate coming out of the shooter lane. Does anyone have one in excellent condition or new? Where could I purchase one new? I've searched via part number, but I'm not coming up with it anywhere as a new/repro item.

20221129_190226 (resized).jpg20221129_190226 (resized).jpg20221129_190714 (resized).jpg20221129_190714 (resized).jpg
#945 66 days ago

Sorry, my bad for not writing correctly. I'm looking for the bracket that holds the gate.

1 month later
#969 27 days ago

I am wrapping up a playfield swap on Flash, with all new bulb sockets, etc. The boards were professionally gone through prior to the swap and the game was playing fine. I have re-pinned all the connectors in the backbox (I didn't replace header pins) and I still have five switches that are not registering. The three right side star rollovers, the spinner, and the upper right standup target behind the rubber. I have continuity from the correct pins in the backbox connectors to each individual switch. All switches are in column 3, but the three jet bumpers work fine. What am I missing?

#970 27 days ago

I just went into switch test. I removed 2J2 and 2J3 connectors and jumped the corresponding pins for the switches in question. They all register when jumping the pins. I then plugged the connectors back in and activated each switch. The five in question are not registering in switch test.

#972 27 days ago

Not exactly the assistance I was hoping for.

#974 27 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Sorry I'm dyslexic... I read it that the 5 are now working.
Being dyslexic gets you in trouble sometimes.
Try:
1) continuity test from connector to switches on playfield.

Haha, gotcha. Didn't think you were actually trying to be snarky. I have continuity from connectors to the switches. I am pulling apart the harness in that area currently. Trying to see if something is not connected properly.

#976 26 days ago

An update to my dilemma.... There was one wire in the daisy chain that had broken loose, so that has been resoldered. But that didn't fix the issue. Found out that the 15 pin white/white connector from playfield to backbox was "bad". I repinned that connector (what a pain in the ass those are) and the five switches now all work. I have to check a couple of the pins since my ball kickout is now intermittent, but I think I am heading in the right direction. Thank you for the suggestions.

#977 25 days ago

Next thing to troubleshoot. I've got several "phantom" inserts lit upon crediting a game. The 1, 2, 5, 2X, and right outane inserts are on without playing the first ball. Diodes are correct and new. I dont see any crossed wires. Thoughts?

#979 25 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Do they blink correctly during attract mode and in the lamp self test?

I believe so. I will confirm. All bulbs do work in test.

#981 25 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

Are they LEDs?

Yes. LEDs.

#983 25 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

They're probably ghosting try regular bulbs see if it's still doing it

I will try tomorrow. Still not home from a small tournament.

#984 25 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Do they blink correctly during attract mode and in the lamp self test?

Yes

Quoted from slochar:

They're probably ghosting try regular bulbs see if it's still doing it

Replacing the problematic bulbs with incandescent fixed most of them. A couple are still lightly ghosting and one is still fairly bright.

20240328_233715 (resized).jpg20240328_233715 (resized).jpg20240328_233720 (resized).jpg20240328_233720 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epeabs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-owners-clubofficial?tu=epeabs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.