IMG_5873 (resized).jpg
IMG_5875 (resized).jpg
IMG_5874 (resized).jpg
IMG_6212 (resized).jpg
E6F140BE-9B08-482F-85F0-F2BABE917375 (resized).jpeg
20221129_190714 (resized).jpg
20221129_190226 (resized).jpg
IMG_6021 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FLASHBALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

I am currently on my second Flash. Sold the first one and didn't realize how much I would miss it afterwards. Got the boards all tuned up by a highly recommended pinball guy my local pinheads referred me to. New set of rubber installed. Still needs a flipper tune up. But I keep having issues with my drop targets not resetting. I have thoroughly cleaned the horseshoe contacts and the small PCB's behind each target. Still no change... I'm thinking either some of the horseshoe contact blades are slightly out of adjustment, or just worn out.

Thoughts?

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Make sure the jumper wires between all the pcb are in good shape and connected properly. Those wires have a tendency to fall off or make partial connection at the pcb. In my experience.

Checked these over the weekend and found two that had broken loose. Now my 5 bank works flawlessly every time. But strangely enough my 3 bank doesn't reset until I get a good jolt in the pop bumpers.

May be worth mentioning that the drop targets are pretty sluggish when hit. They don't want to drop really fast like they should. Should I install new springs underneath maybe?

3 weeks later
#65 7 years ago

Could somebody do me a favor and take a photo of the 5 bank from the underside of the playfield? I installed new coils and sleeves and may have miswired something.

Thanks for the help. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

#68 7 years ago

Thank you, I knew I had my wire crossed.... Oddly enough, my coils are flipped the other way around. Wonder if there was a reason for that? Either way the plunger still operates the same. Thanks for the help!

#71 7 years ago

Working fine now, although three bank still not resetting when it's supposed to. Not sure why it has been doing that. But this is something that has been going on since before my coil swap.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Possible in settings ? Memory ?

What setting would that be?
It's odd because a good jolt from the pop bumpers will sometimes reset the three bank. But the five resets instantly every time as it should.. I have resoldered all the wires under the PF just for kicks. My 40 pin connector, and board and was gone through right after I bought the game about 6 months ago. I've cleaned all of the horseshoe contacts that contact with the smaller PCB's. I wish I had a good diagram to see just how the horseshoe contact blades SHOULD be adjusted.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Do you have the 1st or second series roms ? Should be in the manual. I'm not posative that would be the deal..
Does it reset at the start of each game ? Or not at all ?

I'm not sure which Roms I have, but yes both banks reset at the start of each game.

Now i'm noticing the 5 bank acting odd. It will reset the drops every time but only 2 targets or the other 3. (Only one of the two coils under the 5 bank is firing during each reset)

Something is definitely fishy...

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Wich number in settings is your background sound ? 31 ?

Yes, 31 is my background sound. I decided to do some testing in my switch test. All three switches on the 3 bank (switch#28, 29 and 30) targets register just fine as they should. After all three fall 31 should register but it doesn't. I can't figure out why....

On my 5 bank all 5 targets (switch#32-36) register then 37 comes on as soon as the last target falls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FLASHBALL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-owners-clubofficial?tu=FLASHBALL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.