IMG_5873 (resized).jpg
IMG_5875 (resized).jpg
IMG_5874 (resized).jpg
IMG_6212 (resized).jpg
E6F140BE-9B08-482F-85F0-F2BABE917375 (resized).jpeg
20221129_190714 (resized).jpg
20221129_190226 (resized).jpg
IMG_6021 (resized).jpg
There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
#1 7 years ago

Well since there isn't one .. Letts start one.
I love my flash...

IMG_20161122_141720 (resized).jpgIMG_20161122_141720 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Bought mine on the way to the junkyard.. did alot of work in it .. last night swapped out the backbox... everyth8 g works and plays as it should.. flipper upgrade coming next....

IMG_20161128_225422 (resized).jpgIMG_20161128_225422 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

I'm in the club, but embarrassed to admit how long the game has been sitting in a broken-down state. Every project I get seems to take precedence over it.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

I'm in the club, but embarrassed to admit how long the game has been sitting in a broken-down state. Every project I get seems to take precedence over it.

Man.
Once there dialed in correct its,a blast... I just finished mine except for the flipper upgrade .. should be this wknd...

#5 7 years ago

I have a evel k.. thats sat to long and its deff up next..

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I have a evel k.. thats sat to long and its deff up next..

SS or EM?

#7 7 years ago

I am currently on my second Flash. Sold the first one and didn't realize how much I would miss it afterwards. Got the boards all tuned up by a highly recommended pinball guy my local pinheads referred me to. New set of rubber installed. Still needs a flipper tune up. But I keep having issues with my drop targets not resetting. I have thoroughly cleaned the horseshoe contacts and the small PCB's behind each target. Still no change... I'm thinking either some of the horseshoe contact blades are slightly out of adjustment, or just worn out.

Thoughts?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I am currently on my second Flash. Sold the first one and didn't realize how much I would miss it afterwards. Got the boards all tuned up by a highly recommended pinball guy my local pinheads referred me to. New set of rubber installed. Still needs a flipper tune up. But I keep having issues with my drop targets not resetting. I have thoroughly cleaned the horseshoe contacts and the small PCB's behind each target. Still no change... I'm thinking either some of the horseshoe contact blades are slightly out of adjustment, or just worn out.
Thoughts?

Man.
No idea.. odd .. I'd say must be outhe if adjust.. mine were acting a little odd when I first started her up.. but they seem to be working fine now..

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Man.
No idea.. odd .. I'd say must be out of adjust.. mine were acting a little odd when I first started her up.. but they seem to be working fine now..

#11 7 years ago

Mine acts odd I just reset the 40 pin connect..

#12 7 years ago

Owned a Flash and miss it, great game.

But when I did have it, I added more 'flash' to the pop bumper area.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Owned a Flash and miss it, great game.
But when I did have it, I added more 'flash' to the pop bumper area.
» YouTube video

Dam dude.. I like this.. how did you do this ? Very cool...

#14 7 years ago

How did you wire this ?

#15 7 years ago

I'm in the club. I don't have a lot of experience with early SS pins and picked it up on a whim a few months ago. Flatten curling inserts (as best I could), replaced broken MPU with Rottendog, and upgraded the flipper mechs. I am really enjoying it. I have it right next to WOZ. I call them beauty and the beast (both in looks and gameplay)!

#16 7 years ago

Bought mine around 30 years ago, Has all Rottondog boards and displays. (Except for sound, of course)

#17 7 years ago

I would like to upgrade the flippers on mine someday
Also, for your amusement-here's a $50 Flash I picked up and restored cheaply
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picked-up-a-50-williams-flash

#18 7 years ago

Flash seems to be not cared about and cheap..
Mine was,200 .. I maybe put 200 into it.. it's plays great..
And its a break threw game.. Atari sounds..animated playfeild.figure 8.Steve richie..lotsa cool things about flash.
I love mine .. my flipper Kitts should be arriving today .

#19 7 years ago

I have to once in a while reseat the 40 pin..
The sound gets odd.. lol
Picking up a rebuilt board set tommorow ..

#20 7 years ago

I picked up firepower and flash in 3 days .. both as projects .. still doing minor tweeks ect .
But both up and running.

IMG_20161125_221446 (resized).jpgIMG_20161125_221446 (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

Many people don't like it for the art, yet Williams made 19,505 of them, second only to TAF. Still a fun game, IMHO. I wont be selling mine.

#22 7 years ago

When this game first came out it blew our minds and took all our quarters. The increasing tempo was a great feature as was the flash lamp. Really a ground breaking game. I just wish the back glass art was as good as the gameplay. Enjoy this underappreciated and affordable game.

#23 7 years ago

I know man. He kinds looks like a calvin cline dude model or some shit.. lol .. still cool tho.reminds me of a 70s van mural.
And I dig vans.. I've hauled a few pinns with this baby...

IMG_20161130_090638 (resized).jpgIMG_20161130_090638 (resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago

Hi I just bought a flash (3 weeks ago) allways loved this game!
Ive replaced the legs glass rubbers ball and cleaned the playfield!
Would like to replace of restore the backglass any ideas?
Rick

#25 7 years ago

IMG_0564 (resized).JPGIMG_0564 (resized).JPG

#26 7 years ago

IMG_0588 (resized).JPGIMG_0588 (resized).JPG

#27 7 years ago

Backglass for flash popps up once in a while..

#28 7 years ago

The guy I bought it from gave me a glass paint set!
should I try retouching the areas that are missing?
My daughter is a artist and is coming home soon.
anyone ever try this?
rick

#29 7 years ago

Love my Flash. I is the first machine that I bought. I've had it almost 30years now. It's not going anywhere.

IMG_20161204_115205957 (resized).jpgIMG_20161204_115205957 (resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Thoughts?

Make sure the jumper wires between all the pcb are in good shape and connected properly. Those wires have a tendency to fall off or make partial connection at the pcb. In my experience.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from ricklavin1962:

The guy I bought it from gave me a glass paint set!
should I try retouching the areas that are missing?
My daughter is a artist and is coming home soon.
anyone ever try this?
rick

Alot of people do touch them up like this.. try in a inconspicuous area first and let it dry..

#32 7 years ago

My first job was giving change in a arcade (wiers beach nh)
Me and my friends favorite machine was flash!
one of us was on it all the time!
I remember using the fish on skeeball and getting 100s ball after ball
Rick

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from ricklavin1962:

My first job was giving change in a arcade (wiers beach nh)
Me and my friends favorite machine was flash!
one of us was on it all the time!
I remember using the fish on skeeball and getting 100s ball after ball
Rick

Nice. We were at weirs this summer..

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Make sure the jumper wires between all the pcb are in good shape and connected properly. Those wires have a tendency to fall off or make partial connection at the pcb. In my experience.

Checked these over the weekend and found two that had broken loose. Now my 5 bank works flawlessly every time. But strangely enough my 3 bank doesn't reset until I get a good jolt in the pop bumpers.

May be worth mentioning that the drop targets are pretty sluggish when hit. They don't want to drop really fast like they should. Should I install new springs underneath maybe?

#35 7 years ago

I'm having a,sound issue.. doesn't always start correctly when you hit the start button.. goes,straight to the buuuzzz and it was making the thunder sound. and when the points tally up at the end of a ball it makes a very high pitched sound .. it was makimg a cooler deep sound ? These seem to be the only sounds missing..
I've messed with connectors .. made sure roms are in
.. made sure the 40 pin is connected proper ect.. any clue ? Makes me crazy when the sound isn't correct...

#36 7 years ago

I have a question for you guys:
1c1730eeb7dff0acac0a5ad19c02b555fa1fb5bd (resized).jpg1c1730eeb7dff0acac0a5ad19c02b555fa1fb5bd (resized).jpg

Right orbit shots clear the spot I circled in red no problem. Left orbit shots however very rarely make it past this point and fall into the roll over lanes. When you guys shoot the left orbit how often does the ball make it all the way around? How often should it make it all the way around? On mine I'd say it is very rare, ~ 1 in 25 shots. It seems like the clearance within the red circle is really tight. Also, is the rubber in the picture correct? (Not my actual flash but I have the same rubber config). I'm wondering if changing to 2 post rubbers would help...

#37 7 years ago

Mine is the same exact way and I also considered the rubber Ring change.. I found that after I wax the playfeild and the ball it makes the shot almost every time..

#38 7 years ago

And I just did new flipper and coil Kitts.. much better ..

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

May be worth mentioning that the drop targets are pretty sluggish when hit. They don't want to drop really fast like they should. Should I install new springs underneath maybe?

The targets should drop really fast. I would definitely check the springs if they don't look like they're stretched out then maybe the pcbs are too tight against the horseshoes. The plastic stand offs can get crushed causing too much tension on the horseshoe inhibiting fast and smooth fall rate. The targets are probably not sliding all the way down fully to contact the proper part of the PCB with the horseshoe. That's could be why the pops cause the reset??

#40 7 years ago

And fixed my sound issue . Back to 100 percent ... driver board was delivering wrong sounds .

#41 7 years ago

Then s rollover lamp diode craps.. lol.
Dam ol machines...

#42 7 years ago

Do you have to change anything to put leds in?
Whats the best place to bye?
And is there any color combos the make it look better?
Rick

#43 7 years ago

I don't have a flash but you will probably have to remove the warming resistor off the flasher board if you use leds where flasher bulbs go.

#44 7 years ago

oops buy

#45 7 years ago

I did not remove the warming resistor and all seems ok.
I matched the insert colors under playfeild .. blues reds and whites for gi and backbox. Flasher bulbs for lightning bolt.
Yellow bulbs seem to suck so I dont use them.

#46 7 years ago

And cointaker and Comet.

#47 7 years ago

Purchased a Flash last month. Rebuilding the power supply board and am looking forward to playing it.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Brian_G:

Purchased a Flash last month. Rebuilding the power supply board and am looking forward to playing it.

It's a blast I love mine .

#49 7 years ago

I replaced with reworked boards 40 pins ect.. all works as it should...put all Led bulbs and it's a blast.. a friend is coming today to repaint the backbox art. My box was water damaged .. she made stencils and is airbrushing the art back on....

#50 7 years ago

What is the original color of the rubbers on the flippers? white or red?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-owners-clubofficial and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.