I lost all MPU controlled playfield lights on my Flash and was reseating connections (fuse OK, correct voltages on power board). Decided to reseat 40 pin connector, then once the boards were separated I decided I should finally replace the 40 pin female. When I pulled the driver board, I placed it on the glass of another pin and before I knew it, it slid onto the floor. So I had to replace two broken TIP42 transistors. So I did. And I put it all together with new 40 pin females. (Note: I replaced the IC3 on the sound board recently after losing sound, which brought back my sound.)
1. My playfield lights are back, but not consistently.
2. When they go out, my scoring displays go out. I disconnected/reconnected everything, they all came back.
3. My sound test button gives me one sound over and over.
4. When the PF lights and scoring displays are working, the only sound I get is the Flash explosion SFX but ONLY when i hit the flipper buttons. Same for EM sound mode, ding! on flipper hit.
5. When the PF lights and scoring displays are working, the two red MPU LEDs flash once and go out. When the PF lights/scoring are out, the lights stay on.
6. When I ran the solenoid test, it tested about 3 solenoids ... then some clicking in the cab and the PF lights went out, and scoring displays went out.
So, would a solenoid short possibly cause this strange stuff? Should I stay focused on connections, or possible additional damage to the driver board? Tests I should do?