• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-652.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Don't know what to do next. Checked all coils, good. All fuzes, good, replaced power supply with known good board. Replaced battery's, Still nothing. See photo. This is what I get.

image-652.jpgimage-652.jpg

#2 9 years ago

See:
2.1.1 *** The first thing you ever do when your machine isn't booting! ***
2.2 Header Pins - The second thing you do when your machine isn't booting!
http://pinball.flippers.info/system6repairpart2.asp

#3 9 years ago

Should have mentioned, did all the obviouse. Been reading Marks guide. Nothing prevails. Had to walk away for a couple days and think it out. I know it's going to be something stupid I'm overlooking.

#4 9 years ago

Go into adjustments, make a few, power down, turn it back on. If it doesn't go into attract mode after that, it's not retaining memory. You can get it into attract mode if that doesn't work by closing coin door and plipping on off switch quickly to get it to boot. It looks to me it's not retaining memory.

#5 9 years ago

you are booting up.

it is in audit mode. the p1 displaying 1486 1 means flash software. Stuck in audit mode means your 5101 RAM is not getting battery power for backup or the 5101 ram has failed.

Open the coin door. Flip the power switch three times quickly.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Open the coin door. Flip the power switch three times quickly.

Will this work on a system 4? There is no switch on the coin door. Should I assume the 5101 is bad and replace?

#7 9 years ago

ahh i forget that flash is sometimes sys4.

power trick still works, just doesnt matter if the coin door is open. The bootup time on a sys4 board takes longer than sys6, so give it a second for the display to come up. Sys4 boards seem to hold audit settings for 15 seconds too compared to sys 6 which is 1 second.

If it is stuck in audit mode still, the ram is bad or the computer can't use the ram for whatever reason.

#8 9 years ago

Walking away again. I will replace the 5101 chip later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks Andrew.

#9 9 years ago

Agree with Andrew. It's booting into audit mode. That should do the trick!

3 weeks later
#10 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

ahh i forget that flash is sometimes sys4.
power trick still works, just doesnt matter if the coin door is open. The bootup time on a sys4 board takes longer than sys6, so give it a second for the display to come up. Sys4 boards seem to hold audit settings for 15 seconds too compared to sys 6 which is 1 second.
If it is stuck in audit mode still, the ram is bad or the computer can't use the ram for whatever reason.

Replaced the 5101 chip. The LED stays on. More reading......

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-one:

Replaced the 5101 chip. The LED stays on. More reading......

you made a boo boo.

THese games will go into audit mode with no 5101 installed. So im guessing a soldering mistake.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

you made a boo boo.
THese games will go into audit mode with no 5101 installed. So im guessing a soldering mistake.

Removed the board and looked it over really good, this is what I found. Bet that was the problem all along. I will let you know. May need to run to the Shack for a socket.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#13 9 years ago

Didn't fix it. LED still locked on. Back to the drawing board.....

#14 9 years ago

That is a scanbe socket. I can tell by the little ramp on the end. They are shit.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

That is a scanbe socket. I can tell by the little ramp on the end. They are shit.

I replaced it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-not-booting-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.