(Topic ID: 16881)

Flash lamps x6 for Williams Space Shuttle?

By SS_Man

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pdman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_(1).JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hello all,

I am in the process of replacing a rather trashed Space Shuttle playfield which had the two large banana shaped inserts with a much better one that has alternate layout using 3 standard sized round inserts per side.

My existing wiring uses two 63 bulbs per banana insert (i.e. 4 total bulbs) for the flasher bulbs -> can someone tell me what bulbs are used in the round insert version? I assume I'll need to add another lamp holder to get to a total of 6 bulbs. In the round version are six 63 bulbs used even though each individual round insert is sized for something like a 44/47? 63's or not, are the flashers for the round version still wired in series like the flashers for the banana-shaped version?

Guidance is appreciated!

#2 11 years ago

That's odd. I'd seen it in pictures before but I assumed it was just screened over to have 3 holes in the banana insert. It's actually 3 round ones? Wonder how that came about..

Free bump for other Shuttle owner.

#3 11 years ago

I'll try to check mine tonight and let you know.

#4 11 years ago

Frax: You have it exactly: There are actually 3 individual round ones. I'm not sure where to mount the two (per side) flash lamps that originally fit into the banana insert on the playfield I'm replacing. I'm hoping Copperpot had some luck in confirming what his looks like.

#5 11 years ago

Bump, hopefully he'll see it. I'm kind of interested too. That's odd that they would make two versions of the playfield with different cutouts instead of just screening the black part over the insert! Wonder which one was earlier production...

#6 11 years ago

Ok, that took longer than I expected. I've uploaded a picture of the 6 flashers, it should give you the info you need.

photo_(1).JPGphoto_(1).JPG

#7 11 years ago

THANKS! Looks like they simply wire 3 63 bulbs in series instead of just 2. 4V must still be enough voltage to light each lamp (although presumably not as bright as the 6V that would be across each if only 2 were in series).

Respectful of your time since clearly you have that playfield in a working machine, would you mind telling me the values on the resistor components to make sure they match what I have with the 2-bulb harnesses?

Thanks!

#8 11 years ago

Pretty sure that's what my setup looks like as well with the hotdog inserts. I've got to resolder a display tonight, so I'll see if it looks the same and post the resistor values.

#9 11 years ago

Pretty sure one resistor is 330 ohms at 7 watts. I replace with 330 ohms 10 watts. Slightly larger but runs cooler. The other resistor not sure of. I can possibly look on Thursday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-lamps-x6-for-williams-space-shuttle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.