7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boostedskex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I recently bought a Flash. When I purchased the game it only had activated sound fx but no background sound, music if you want to call it that. I changed setting 33 to "1" and got the music working. for the past few days the sound fx never went away but, it seemed that the music was cutting out and if I would adjust the volume pot it would come back in. Now I can't get the music at all but all sound fx are still present no matter what the volume level is set to.

I did go through the machine and put new fuses in the entire game right before this happened but, I dont think that would have caused this.

I have noticed that if I change setting 33 to 1 I get a very electronic (robotish) 3 second sound at the start of every ball and if I change setting 33 to 0 the sound is not there.

Any help in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

#3 7 years ago

I pulled the board from my time warp to try in flash. I am getting the same results.

#4 7 years ago

I ordered a cap kit and a new Kahr potentiometer for the sound board. Ill install these parts and report back with what i find.

#5 7 years ago

Just a bit more information for anyone who can help. I put the machine into solenoid test mode and went through all of the machines solenoids. Solenoids 9-13 are all labeled as sound functions and #9 did not produce a sound. #10-#13 all produced some type of sound or bunch of sounds. Could #9 be the background "music" sounds that I am missing? If so, what is the next thing to test or look at that could be causing #9 to be silent?

Thanks,
Alex

#6 7 years ago

Problem fixed. I removed the driver board and found that the solder joint on the back of the board looked a little odd at the pin that coresponds to solenoid #9. I reflowed some new solder, reinstalled the board and its working properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boostedskex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-help-with-sound-issues?tu=boostedskex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.