• Latest reply 4 years ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0773 (resized).JPG
IMG_0771 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a Flash Gordon with a Squalk and Talk sound board. When you plunge, it's supposed to say "flash! emperor ming awaits" mine sounds like it says "crush! emperor-roo te great". I got a recording from zahner from his flash, which sounds correct.

Here's a recording of my game doing the sound test:

It says "15 seconds" and a laugh multiple times.

Here's a recording of @zahner's flash: https://vimeo.com/378894172. It says "emperor ming awaits", and doesn't repeat any phrases. His seems to be a sounds plus board, not a squalk and talk?

Do the boards sound different from each other, or do I have an issue with my board? Does anyone have a squalk and talk that sounds correct? I've found multiple people having this "emperor-roo" issue, but none ever report solving it.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT: Unless this is one of those weird internet things were people hear diff'rent things like seeing diff'rent colors

They sound incredibly different to me. Not even a small thing, like half the phrase is completely different. The other video goes "emperor (small pause) minG (longer pause) awaits!" with an emphasis on the ending of ming and a noticable 'a' in awaits. Mine sounds like it says "emperor" and then stutters for a second, only getting a bit of the G and then skips to the "-ait".

I've got one friend who swears they sound they sound the same, and another (who also owns an FG with a S+T) who independently pointed out theirs sounds wrong.

Quoted from tomdrum:

My FG has a freshly re-capped S&T board. Sounds similar.

Mine is recapped too. Does your sound test repeat the same phrases like mine, or do you just mean the one phrase is similar to mine?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I think the two have some differences. Personally I think your sounds better and more correct phrases than your friends.

Speaking just to the "emperor ming awaits", I find mine so bad that, until I heard the other, I didn't even know what he was saying, while the other is perfectly clear and concise. I haven't really compared the other phrases at all beyond that mine is missing some phrases

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Mine only plays background sounds in test mode.

The coin door test or the test button on the board

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,995 (OBO)
$ 99.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-wrong-speech?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.