Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by n1teowl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

My Flash Gordon rarely experiences some weird behavior when the ball drains. It will start counting the bonus, freeze for a second and then finish counting the bonus. It then lights for an extra ball and does not advance the ball count (in other words, it awards a free ball). At the same time the "Match", "Same Player Shoots Again", "Match" and "High Score to Date" lights all stay lit in the back box. They stay lit until the game is over. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when this happens. Sometimes no drop targets are down, sometimes some are. It doesn't appear to be a switch matrix issue to me. It only happens maybe once in 25 games. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

1 week later
#2 5 months ago

Some of the super memory bonuses in FG do not have sounds associated with them for some reason. I think what's happening in your game is the memory bonus levels have been achieved and the game is set to extra ball award mode awarding a free ball instead of a replay.

As we used to say, 'that's not a bug, it's a feature.'

#3 5 months ago

I had the same problem, only it happened on every game on the first ball. I had to go and set all of the high score replay levels and award type.

#4 5 months ago

Ahhh! That might be it. It just seemed so weird and random - I'll look into what it's currently set at. Thanks for the lead.

#5 5 months ago

I guess the only strange thing is that it only happens rarely, and usually on the first ball when not much has happened...

#6 5 months ago

Also not sure why the high score to date and match lights all light up at the same time. I'm thinking it might be a ROM issue and will burn some new ones if it keeps happening.

2 weeks later
#7 4 months ago

Tried burning new roms today. They work, but the issue remains. Ball drains, extra ball light comes on, extra ball awarded, high score and match lights all lit. Happens rarely. Not sure what this could be...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside