(Topic ID: 280460)

Flash Gordon w/elderly Weebly MPU - knocker fires when it shouldn't

By minnesota13

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I've been working on this Flash Gordon and have rebuilt the solenoid/driver board. The game boots fine including the sound board. When a game is started and the first ball is played, it seems when a target, not always the same target or switch is made, the knocker fires. Subsequent balls play normally. Only the first ball has the knocker problem.

All voltages including the 5VDC are stable.

The MPU has been replaced with an old version of a Weebly MPU. (was in the machine when I acquired it ) The connectors have been checked and I find no problems. This MPU doesn't not have the switchable game applications.

Solenoid test works every time without any problems. All solenoids fire without any cross firing.

All playfield switch caps have been cut away -- unless I missed one. I haven't done a switch test only switch testing in game mode.

This is a nice clean machine with no evidence of excess moisture or other abuse. Way better than average condition.

I wonder if there is memory corruption in the MPU. I believe I have to burn a chip or two to clear the memory per nvram.weebly web site.

#2 3 years ago

Is one of the replay scores set really low to keep credits on the machine?

#3 3 years ago

Good point! I'll check. Thanks..

#4 3 years ago

I think Zacaj is right.

I had this problem this weekend actually. It seems it was caused by me adjusting the replay score and award on self test, if I remember well it happen when I was adjusting self test 16 to 19.

Cheers,

Chris

#5 3 years ago

Solved. Indeed it was the replay settings that were all zeros. Thanks! (I did waste a lot time troubleshooting before posting)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

7,995 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 99.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-w-elderly-weebly-mpu-knocker-fires-when-it-shouldn-t?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.