87 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by BRW84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BRW84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 87 days ago

I've been working on chasing down the last few gremlins since I hardtopped my Flash Gordon , and I seem to have an issue with my upper right flipper. A friend and I rebuilt all the flippers a couple of weeks ago, and all was well until last weekend when my upper flipper started sticking in the up position occasionally. I figured out that the issue seemed to be with the solenoid bracket that holds the coil in place; it was putting a tiny amount of pressure on one side of the coil sleeve, which would cause the crank arm to get stuck when it entered the coil. I discovered that by very SLIGHTLY loosening the screws that hold down the solenoid bracket, it relieved that pressure and the crank arm stopped binding. About two games later, the upper flipper started flipping intermittently. It seems to activate about nine times out of ten, but the tenth time, it doesn't flip. Does anyone have any idea what I did? I've already cleaned the contacts on the switch that activates the flipper. It doesn't seem like slightly loosening those two screws would cause this new issue, so I'm wondering if it's a coincidence. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

#3 87 days ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Check and make sure you have the correct spacing between the end of stroke switch.

I'll give that a shot tonight. It's certainly possible that I bent the EOS while messing around with that bracket. Can an improperly adjusted EOS cause a flipper to not activate at all? It seems like when I had a burnt-out EOS on my Gorgar, the flipper activated, it was just weak and didn't stay up.

#5 86 days ago

fatpanda nailed it; one of the wires coming off the EOS switch had a loose connection on the coil lug. I'm back in business now. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, OH
$ 21.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 149.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BRW84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside