Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bonustu.jpg
bonusorig.jpg
numberstu.jpg
numbersorig.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hey all,

This is my first pin ever. I'm doing a complete restoration. It's a hobby for me to help take my mind off work I took everything off the playfield the first day I had it. I have since then cleaned it, and started the touchup paint. Here's my touchup pics. The rest of the pics can be seen on my facebook which can be accessed through my profile on here.

Remember, this is my first one, so if you see anything I could do to improve, I'm happy to learn

numbersorig.jpgnumbersorig.jpg numberstu.jpgnumberstu.jpg

#2 11 years ago

and some more. . .

bonusorig.jpgbonusorig.jpg bonustu.jpgbonustu.jpg

#3 11 years ago

I wonder if that's the same FG I saw on Nashville's Craigslist about a month or so ago for $500 and no legs. Kinda kicking myself for not picking it up. Good luck with the restore, and I look forward to seeing your progress.

#4 11 years ago

Yep, it's that one. I picked it up in Lafayette. I traded a Xmen vs Street Fighter arcade cabinet and $100 bucks for it Almost all the drop targets are broken, it needs a flipper rebuild, and it's not working, so it definitely wasn't worth $500. I'll keep the facebook pics updated.

#5 11 years ago

Oh cool, congrats on the score. Hopefully those are fairly easy fixes. Will you be able to post photo updates here since I don't know how to see your Facebook pics?

#6 11 years ago

Nice progress, sure it will look like new when you are done.

#8 11 years ago

Looking good.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

You can check out the one I did a while back here
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-playfield-restoration-has-begun
Should give you some tips.

That looks awesome! Mine's not in that bad of shape. I'll definitely take some ideas from the when lit logos you did. I just realized that I have a pantone color thing at work, so i'll be borrowing it soon to start on parts other than the black. I don't think i'll go over all the black like you did. I'm trying to only fix the places that wood is showing before I clearcoat it. Definitely Appreciate the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 179.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

7,995 (OBO)
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 99.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-touchup-progress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.