5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SeaLawyer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!FGBanner2 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

I'm working on my own digital version of this game, but isn't it time you guys in the real world had a new pinball version of this excellent movie?

Famously, George Lucas wanted this licence to make his own movie but he couldn't get it, so he created his own space adventure instead - Star Wars.

I wonder if any pinball company currently has this in their sights?

!FGBanner2 (resized).JPG!FGBanner2 (resized).JPG
    4 months later
    #2 4 years ago

I don't yet own a FG, but I'm a huge fan of it! I'd be curious see what you've come up with. I saw this quote in the club thread:

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I was recently working on a remaster of Flash Gordon for digital pinball enthusiasts. I created a new apron design which is kind of funky. In the 'Modern Retro' version of Flash Gordon, I added a feature where you can switch between the original game and rules to the remastered version in an instant by holding up both flippers for 2.5 seconds. A pretty cool feature, which is why it says 'retro switch' on the apron art.
    [quoted image]

I've always thought it would be awesome to redo the sound (using a Pinduino or something) to use movie callouts and Queen songs instead of the poor quality speech/sound originally there. With strong flippers and refreshed playfield, the only thing missing would be a multi-ball of some kind.

#3 4 years ago

Keep it much the same or a complete reimagining?

#4 4 years ago

I agree with the appreciation of the classic movie, but the problem is it can pretty much only go downhill when remaking an all-time classic machine.
    Obviously if you're dealing with LCD screens and movie clips that seems like it can open a lot of doors but it can also piss people off real quick.
    "WTF do you mean there's no queen music?!?" and the like.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I don't yet own a FG, but I'm a huge fan of it! I'd be curious see what you've come up with. I saw this quote in the club thread:

I've always thought it would be awesome to redo the sound (using a Pinduino or something) to use movie callouts and Queen songs instead of the poor quality speech/sound originally there. With strong flippers and refreshed playfield, the only thing missing would be a multi-ball of some kind.

Get rid of Lucky shot. Emperor Ming Awaits and Try Again Earthling and it's on...

4 weeks later
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I agree with the appreciation of the classic movie, but the problem is it can pretty much only go downhill when remaking an all-time classic machine.
    Obviously if you're dealing with LCD screens and movie clips that seems like it can open a lot of doors but it can also piss people off real quick.
    "WTF do you mean there's no queen music?!?" and the like.

Queen music would be mandatory!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-time-for-a-remake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.