Topic Stats

• 1,594 posts
  • 213 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 811 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210118_193707 (resized).jpg
20210118_193701 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A11FF24-58ED-4803-8DD9-A169E4A159F9 (resized).png
20210102_151409 (resized).jpg
20210102_151403 (resized).jpg
20210102_151356 (resized).jpg
20210101_151239 (resized).jpg
20201231_175843 (resized).jpg
20201231_175854 (resized).jpg
20201231_175907 (resized).jpg
20201224_143134 (resized).jpg
CB0DD595-59F2-4260-AA86-19F378C6BEDE (resized).jpeg
C73BDB3F-C7E9-4EF3-82B0-5E1D583FA66B (resized).jpeg
Flash Gordon Rails (resized).jpg
fg rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#986 1 year ago

Finally scored one today. Been looking for years. Working game, nice BG, better than average PF. Cabinet needs help. Just got her hooked up.

DSCN5535 (resized).JPG
#987 1 year ago

Ironically had a deal in place 18 months ago to buy this exact game 250 miles away. Seller sold it anyway before I could get there. Just got it at half the distance!

3 weeks later
#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from mwiz:

Anybody have an extra playfield bracket or know where I can buy them? It seems a little longer than most brackets (3.5 inches).

The deep brackets are used on games with upper PF's and Xenon. I should have one. Will PM.

2 weeks later
#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Yeah I'd rather buy them from PBR also but the last time I ordered sockets he only had the double solder tabs for adding a diode as used on Wms games. But that was years ago so maybe things changed?

That's all PBR is selling, double tab sockets. For the price that what I use. If the 2nd tab bothers you, clip it off.

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Or if you're gonna use LEDs, since you'll be doing the soldering anyway, use the 2 tabs to install a resistor to eliminate flicker.

Great point!

#1050 1 year ago

Longshot.... If anyone has a solid lower FG cabinet or similar to sell, please PM. Mine is really rough.

2 months later
#1123 12 months ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Does anyone have a coil sleeve list? I'm not finding a list or a kit online. I could tear them all out and measure, but I'd rather only spend that time once while I'm actually replacing them.

Bally pretty much uses 1-5/8" in everything except drop target reset coils. And those rarely wear out.

#1125 12 months ago

Get them from Pinball Resource .45 each. Part # for them sleeve-bally-standard. 1-5/8"

DSCN6494 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#1166 9 months ago

If anyone wants a hardtop for FG, I'm selling mine. Picked up a CPR instead:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/95214

1 month later
#1226 7 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hi gang
Picking my FG up this week. Really excited to be joining this club, it’s been on my list for many a year.
Anyone know if and when playfield hard tops will be available or if they are where from. My google searches haven’t turned anything up.
Or even better, a CPR playfield.
Thanks guys

CPR will be releasing some soon (inside information).

#1228 7 months ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I just picked up a Flash Gordon project and it came with a CPR playfield. I might not need to use it, so was wondering what they are worth at this point. Thanks for any info you can provide.

New CPR's will be in the $849-899 range. However the older silkscreened versions are worth more IMO having installed the new digital version PF's. But factor that with the hardtop FG which is beautiful in the $350 range.

#1230 7 months ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

s there anything I should be concerned about specifically with Flash Gordon?

If your 1st time assembling a PF from scratch, it can be difficult. I just completely dissembled my FG PF, sanded it to bare wood, installed new rollover targets, leveled the inserts and shipped it to CPR to be re-stenciled. I would suggest installing new lamp sockets, Bally's were crap, new power braid too. I took over 50 detailed pics of the top and bottom of the PF to aid in my re-assembly. Can share any you need.

#1231 7 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Thanks mate. The advert is archived so guessing it sold. Thanks anyway

Mine. Sold

1 month later
#1293 6 months ago

Heads up. CPR repro FG PF's are getting cleared now. Look for them in couple weeks.

#1309 5 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll be in on one! This is great news!

Mine is being delivered this Wednesday, can't wait. They rescreened mine after using it to verify all dimples on future PF's.

#1310 5 months ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

The linear flipper mechs suck and are lazy.

Just install classic Bally hardware and you’ll have what you’re looking for.

I usually "downgrade" my linear flippers to the early style Bally in any keeper game. They are much more responsive and were a definite improvement in my Xenon.

#1312 5 months ago

This is the 1st received of the digitally produced FG PF's. It looks great. This was a rescreen of of my OE PF. I'm having weatherbymag do the clear coat. I shipped mine plus a couple others to help them correct dimpling. I want to give a huge thanks to Mike Purcell for making this happen. He went far and above to make my PF nice and help me out. I installed red rollover targets rather then the OE orange in the upper PF, I liked them better than than the orange since there is so much red in the artwork.

20200805_160255 (resized).jpg
#1314 5 months ago

Thanks. It's been a couple months since I sent it so hopefully I took enough pics to re-assembly it! I'll be posting all my 50 "before" pics in the FG game section to help others in a PF assembly.

#1317 5 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm waiting for CPR to come out with another batch of FG playfields, think I'm going to pick one up.

It will be a "you snooze, you lose" situation. Only 30 are being produced from what I was told.

#1326 5 months ago
Quoted from Quench:

Pinsider inkochnito has a web site with printable backbox, apron, and tech charts.
Look for Flash Gordon in the backbox card link here:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Backbox_cards.htm

Other cards:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

And flip him a donation to his site if you use it, we need this info out there.

1 week later
#1348 5 months ago

I got the last one! Now I just have to find a FG to put it in!

Hope you get your FG, awesome game. From my information only 30 were made so a 24 hour sellout was expected. I got a rescreen and it's awesome.

#1353 5 months ago

For those who missed the recent FG small CPR PF release, more are coming.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 145.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside