IMG_6253 (resized).jpg
IMG_6254 (resized).jpg
c928de729783bf855db2c4fad7afdbee637c54ed (resized).jpg
cc89192186c76bbcfae62d319969e24fd9478da8 (resized).jpg
N-68X (resized).jpg
Big Daddy Flash (resized).png
IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tallon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you......I was one of the fellows that reached out to Reese about a month ago inquiring about a set of these. You are a true friend of the crown.

Dilly dilly

1 month later
#591 5 years ago

No one is going to mention the new y5f cap that’s marked 12v? Ok I’ll keep watching

#594 5 years ago

Ok. Just throwing it out there. Pretty sure they are suppose to be 50v not 12v. Not sure if that could cause the phantom switch but....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-switch-capacitorolder-bally-pins

1 year later
#1032 4 years ago

Light spinner. Rip spinner. Mic drop

#1035 4 years ago

Not a cap. Varistor. You will need to double check the schematic but should be rated atleast 130v

8 months later
#1274 3 years ago

Head you grind the lip off and use the screw to secure it to the playfield loose. I would epoxy them in just because if it were me

1 week later
#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Hey I posted in VID1900’s forum on upgrading flippers and I want to upgrade my Flash Gordon project as I restore it to the newer non-linear flippers....
Anyone upgrade their flippers using VID1900’s guide?
Can you tell me what you purchased exactly? How it worked out any issues? I want to upgrade all three flippers...
Any help would be appreciated...

SO.....how about a differing opinion. When Vid posted the flipper upgrade option, you couldn't get the linear flipper rebuilds and reverting to the old bally/stern style flippers was really your only option. Thankfully there has been a resurgence and reproduction parts are available. Keep in mind a lot of people don't like the feel or the linear flippers but that's what the classic bally games feel like and if you have never tried tap passing on linear flippers, I would suggest trying before converting.

6 months later
#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Because nobody submits them to us. We are a user-driven database. But I do try to do outreach on occasion, like here.

Come on now, I submitted corrected D&D manuals and the parts manual and they have not been updated or added and that was over 2 years ago.

2 months later
#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

A friend made me these sweet FG apron cards...Emperor Ming awaits
[quoted image]

Those I like. How would someone get those?

3 weeks later
#1726 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Dumb question but: I own a Fathom and a Flash Gordon and rebuilt the flippers on both. The FG flippers just aren't NEARLY the strength of the Fathom. Anyone ever "upgraded the coils"? Other steps I should take bastardizing this thing?
Have already "downgraded" from linear flippers and replaced all EOS switches.

Before you go right to new coils, pinball machines of that era run power directly thru the buttons to the coils. Check in this order. The switches at the flipper buttons, the solenoid board j1 the bottom 2 wires (orange and green) re-pin the connector, the j1 header to make sure no cold solder joint, make sure the coils have solid connections (no cracked or broken wires in the bundle) soldered to the lugs, EOS partially engaged either tab bent over or gapped wrong or wired wrong. Good luck

1 year later
#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So, does anyone upgrade the flipper assemblies on this game. This is my first Bally. So linear flippers are new to me. Any advice on rebuilding or replacing these?

The classic bally linear flippers have a feel. Back in the day, no one made parts and they were hard to get. Now pinball resource and pinball life both have good prices on flipper rebuild lots for these. Most people who say change them to the old mechs usually just don’t like the feel. That’s what was on the game, that’s what should stay on the game.

5 months later
#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Shot a 1 flip at a time video to see what's going on. Much of the time it's 10,000 points. Sometimes it's by 20,000.
I'm checking switch clearances now. Noticed something strange on the top pop. I have a broken resister that seems to have broken from the brown wire. Or purposefully clipped but not desoldered. Not sure yet. Any chance this could factor into the issue?
[quoted image][quoted image]

not a resistor. its a 4148 diode. the black 4004 diode is the replacement

6 months later
#2385 10 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Here’s my coin door mess.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like an EM style door. No potentiometer is the give away. either grab a different door off ebay or re-do the coin door harness and add the volume pot.

1 month later
#2453 8 months ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

So is there any chance in hell that someone is holding onto a CPR playfield set for this game? I’m looking.

they are suppose to be printing those on demand now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 179.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tallon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club?tu=tallon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.