IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6256 (resized).jpeg
Thumbnail (resized).png
IMG_20240228_124335477 (resized).jpg
66277047031__BE249FBD-B8DB-45D1-8EC8-5FE147B2324B (resized).jpeg
IMG_6646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6619 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealawyer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from Aeon:

New sound has to be the same length or shorter in most cases, but not all. It depends on how the software in FG uses the different sounds. Sometimes it doesn't even play the full length of the original sound either. NBII does not support multiple sound clips in a folder.
Here are a short video just so you can get a feeling of the custom music and sound that you can change with the NBII board. You can hear a different "machine gun" sound from the pop-bumpers (sound clip from the movie of course) and Flash Gordon himself talks when you loose a ball in the outlane.

Well THIS is awesome! Anyone tried to do something similar using Pinduino? Seems you'd have a lot more freedom and flexibility to use whatever original sounds you wanted with proper movie callouts and Queen songs... Sorry if I offend the purists.

1 year later
#1347 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Sold out this morning! That has to be a record. Try again earthling

I got the last one! Now I just have to find a FG to put it in!

3 weeks later
#1385 3 years ago

For those that aren't aware, there's a guy in France who makes a replacement sound board for the older Bally and Stern pins (including FG) that allows you to completely customize the sound however you like. It was out of stock for a while, but I just received mine for my HGOT (don't have an FG yet) so I can add the classic GT music and some other fun sounds. When I get the FG to go with my new CPR FG playfield, I'd love to have the Queen soundtrack background music and movie callouts triggered by shots. Not for the purists, obviously.

https://www.pinball-technology.com/produits/nb2/

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from face4radio:

I asked about ordering the NB2 board and this is the response I got on 9/12/20:
"sorry for the moment I am out of stock + big work for the company move.
Normally available between one and two months.
Yes I already ship to the US.
NBII + shipping costs (with insurance and signature) = 270€
Best regards, stef"
$320 USD seems steep. Am I wrong?
Also, I am looking at pulling the sound files from the movie to map out the entire game myself. Does anyone know the format they need to be in? The website doesn't say.

I paid 262€ shipped, which was $311. Mjalexan is correct,m—it’s also an MPU. Mine just came in 2 weeks ago. Out of stock again already, eh? Hmmm, I should get on the list for another one soon.

Link to manual in English:

https://www.pinball-technology.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/NB2-Documentation-EN.pdf

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks! Glad you like it, it came out really well. I saw both ideas on other pins before it did mine, so we are passing and combining inspiration on from others.
The gloss black armor is actually called Nocturnal Gold by Prismatic Powders. Looks black at first glance, however it has a glimmer of gold & chrome flake in it.[quoted image]

SUCH a gorgeous color!! Well done!!

1 week later
#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from face4radio:

I asked about ordering the NB2 board and this is the response I got on 9/12/20:
"sorry for the moment I am out of stock + big work for the company move.
Normally available between one and two months.
Yes I already ship to the US.
NBII + shipping costs (with insurance and signature) = 270€
Best regards, stef"
$320 USD seems steep. Am I wrong?
Also, I am looking at pulling the sound files from the movie to map out the entire game myself. Does anyone know the format they need to be in? The website doesn't say.

I just spoke with Nicolas yesterday. He has them in stock. I ordered 2 more since I'm picking up a FG this weekend! The other will go in a Fathom that I will one day own.

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I just spoke with Nicolas yesterday. He has them in stock. He said he hasn't been out of stock recently. Are you trying to order them from somewhere else? I ordered 2 more since I'm picking up a FG this weekend! The other will go in a Fathom that I will one day own.

1 month later
#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Hey folks - I am looking at picking up a Flash Gordon. I have heard mixed reviews on hardtops and gameplay. I may not be able to play the game in person before picking it up, so, I am curious: do you have a hardtop installed? If so, how is the gameplay?
If anybody hears of a FG up for sale, please point them to me! Thanks!

I've played a couple of other pins with hardtops. They look nice enough (not nearly as nice as a minty playfield), but I HATE the feel. Ever played a pin with the plastic playfield protector? Like that, but WAY worse. I'd personally never buy a pin with a hardtop unless it was an AMAZING deal and repro playfields were available.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have never really noticed a difference with a playfield protector, maybe slightly faster?

Faster, balls spins more, ball sounds different. I have them on a few of of my pins. I put one on a NIB AFMrLE I bought, in order to keep the playfield brand new. I put one on my T2 and my HGOT as a cheap/quick way to address cupped inserts. I don't HATE the play/feel of the protector, but I definitely prefer it without (if the inserts on the T2/HGOT weren't causing balls to change directions). I disliked the play/feel of the hard tops much more. They LOOK great, though!

2 weeks later
#1526 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Re: ball eject switch fixed. The light of day and a good nights sleep was all I needed....time to play!!!

Just picked mine up. Worked perfectly before transport, but now the ball is not ejecting. Haven't pulled it apart yet, but hoping it's something simple. LOVE this pin!!

2 months later
#1595 3 years ago

Just finished updating the lighting a bit and installing Titan rubbers. Still haven’t done the inserts, since I just used what I had on hand. Comet Retro Warm SMDs for all the GI, Sunlight 1SMDs for the backbox, except for behind the logo which are Sunlight 2SMDs. Looks SO much nicer, and the Titan plays WAY better than the old rubber!

86871FA8-A3AB-44DA-985C-8C8B3D67C7A9 (resized).jpeg86871FA8-A3AB-44DA-985C-8C8B3D67C7A9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 45.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.50
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 90.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealawyer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club?tu=sealawyer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.