Topic Stats

• 1,013 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 517 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1038_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_1035 (resized).JPG
IMG_1034 (resized).JPG
IMG_1026 (resized).JPG
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_1025 (resized).JPG
IMG_1024 (resized).JPG
DSCN5535 (resized).JPG
FlashGordonStrobeTransformer_plug2a.jpg
FlashGordonStrobeTransformer_plug1a.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
00A3712A-1A58-487D-9F94-BD49FA85B6F6 (resized).jpeg
C641A09F-7FD4-4DFE-A480-B29DD95980FD (resized).jpeg
IMG_6038 (resized).JPG
FG-ramps-004 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#873 5 months ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

I would love to update my Eight Ball to be 15 ball or something similar.

Bit off thread topic, but how about changing Eight Ball from 3 to 8 balls per game

ROM U2
$0400 BD -> B8
$04E0 03 -> 08

#878 5 months ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

What are good examples of games that have players managing multiball on upper and lower playfields?

How about some of the Williams system 7 games like Black Knight, Jungle Lord - etc.

3 months later
#954 44 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

ok so i think the ca3081 checks out fine. Im getting an output from it as the machine cycles thru the solenoid tests. Maybe the issue now is down the line with the 74l154 decoder

What issue are you trying to diagnose? Your posts on the previous page don't mention solenoid issues.

#964 43 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Other question. I’m the backbox on the strobe mounting bracket one of the screws has a ground (green yellow ) and goes back to a ground in the back box. I don’t see anything from the strobe board to the metal bracket so what’s the point of that ?

There are very high voltages on that strobe light circuit, that green-yellow wire is an earth strap for safety incase something from the board touches that metal bracket.

Quoted from wolffcub:

Ok this time I’m talking about Flash Gordon lol. I’m trying to get my strobe working. When testing the voltage at the ac lines I’m getting a high reading. Should this not be in the 120 area ? Also on other machines what colour wire is connected to the blue wire ? Mine is black with white stripe. I cant see in the schematics what colour is for what voltage.

Based on the schematic and where the fuse and loopback wires are we can deduce the pin locations on the connector and it looks like your transformer is wired for 110VAC because that blue wire is in pin location 5. Pin location 6 is for 120VAC.

FlashGordonStrobeTransformer_plug1a.jpg
FlashGordonStrobeTransformer_plug2a.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 90.00
Machine - For Sale
Enfield, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside