IMG_6253 (resized).jpg
IMG_6254 (resized).jpg
c928de729783bf855db2c4fad7afdbee637c54ed (resized).jpg
cc89192186c76bbcfae62d319969e24fd9478da8 (resized).jpg
N-68X (resized).jpg
Big Daddy Flash (resized).png
IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jj44114.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#528 6 years ago

U10 is not used on S&T set up for Flash Gordon

2 months later
#537 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I really have to get my FG up and running correctly. I restored the cabinet and had someone do a playfield swap for me (after looking for a CPR replacement for what seemed like an eternity) My problem was when I was finishing the cabinet up I accidentally plugged the strobe transformer into the backbox receptacle and vice versa. Weird these are next to each other and keyed the same . The game plays almost 100%, but I have no backbox lights and that means no sound either. I love Flash Gordon, but the sound is a must IMO.
When I did my oops moment and powered the game on I saw a small poof of smoke from the #1 display area. I had new displays ready to replace anyway and they currently work, but it didn't fix my no backbox lights issue. MY strobe board is new and worked, but it doesn't seem to do anything either. F2 blows on start up. I have looked for obvious signs of failure but don't see anything out of the ordinary. Anyway, its tough to look at this beauty and not play it. The CPR PF is awesome by the way, the neon colors really react to the blacklight in my arcade too.

You know the strobe transformer puts out 115v AC on two pins. What did those two pins ultimately connect to? on the plugs how many pins were on each one? the same? I think maybe your GI gothit with 115v AC. Probably shorted wires in the backbox. The sound may not be working because the S&T board requires voltage from the GI to work. No GI = no sound.

11 months later
#732 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Hey guys I’m finishing up my restore project FG that I traded for and I just realized that I’m missing the entire ball kickout coil mechanism.
I don’t have any of it, no mounting bracket, no coil, and no metal kick arm to push the ball out of the trough and into the shooter lane.
Does anyone know if these parts are available anywhere?

eBay

2 weeks later
#757 5 years ago

what color for the gold/yellow?

#767 5 years ago

I'm hoping someone can come up with a rattle can version of the yellow/gold color that matches the original. I could never find one.

#769 5 years ago

Yea, but nothing like the original mustard/ gold color.

2 weeks later
#848 5 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Hi fellow FG owners,
I've just received the new drop targets that I ordered on Ebay from Classic Arcades.
I was under the impression that these were supposed to be hot stamped, but the ones I received have decals on them. The ones I ordered for my Fireball II were actually hot stamped.
Does anybody know the story behind this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Classic arcades is poor quality in general.

#849 5 years ago

Go after him on Ebay. request a return and he will have to send you a shipping label to return the items and refund all your payment including the high shipping cost you paid. This guy sells a lot of bad quality products.

1 year later
#1164 3 years ago

Maybe your meter is off. What voltage do you have coming into the game from the wall? Anyway, I don't think 135 would matter in the short run on the strobe board. Sounds like the flash bulb might have crapped out.

3 weeks later
#1175 3 years ago

Paint it outside

1 week later
#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

What's a heat sink and how does it work? And yes the switch is easy to get at. Comfortable soldering. How does one de-solder? I assumed I'd just be cutting something.

You don't need a heat sink to change out a switch. Just Use a soldering iron and heat the tabs that the wire is soldered to on the switch. They should pop right off.

#1207 3 years ago

Why would you suck the solder off an old switch that your going to throw away. The diode should always be replaced when using a new switch. At a few cents each its not worth removing it and reusing. Just sayin.

2 months later
#1350 3 years ago

The original FG color was not really gold, like you see in a lot of restorations. It’s the same mustard/yellow used on eight ball deluxe.

Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Btw, the yellow was a personal choice over the ugly gold bally used. Imo it's a huge improvement.

2 months later
#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yes, the bottom two pop bumpers are always on (part of the GI string), as are the top left rollover lanes.
Your blue collect bonus light probably has a bad transistor on the light board. Check the light board schematics to find out which one it is and replace.

Any S&T board version will work fine with the correct roms and jumpers

#1454 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Pictures of the sound board will help. Depending what it came out of you may need to install extra chips or remove some. Also every jumper needs to be checked. I had to do that on a spare S&T that I rebuilt a while ago.
Last Flash Gordon sound card I fixed had multiple issues. It ended up needing a new DAC chip.
Be sure to check all the voltages on the sound board too.

The S & T when used in FG does not use the DAC. You can leave it in or remove it. Doesn’t matter.

#1457 3 years ago

Wow. Over $300 plus shipping

#1459 3 years ago

Yes, there should really only be one Molex housing at J1, not three

2 weeks later
#1468 3 years ago

Did you get the caps separately or did someone sell you a kit? Just wonder who is selling kits with those style caps. Those should have been all Axial caps. I think Big Daddy sells kits with the correct axial versions. I personally dislike installing radial caps like that unless there is no other choice. I don't like the way they stand off the board with their leads mounted so far away. They are fine with the holes right under the cap but never meant to be mounted like that. While they will function it just isn't right. My Elektra was the same way when I got it and stripped all of those off and redid them. Here is a picture with the caps from Big Daddy on the last sound board I went through.
[quoted image]

Radial caps are fine. The Big Daddy kit is overpriced in my opinion.

#1473 3 years ago

$12.95 for the full kit with the correct style caps all matching is overpriced? That’s less than ordering the caps separately from most places. Where are people buying kits for these cheaper than that? Even if it is less I still think it’s worth a few more dollars for the correct style. Having radial lead caps with their leads stretched out like that isn’t good nor looks good.
I guess after spending a lot of time making my games as nice as I can I try to make the boards for them clean too. Same goes for when I repair boards for others.

Yea $12.95 is ok. I guess that’s a good deal if you meet the minimum order of $30. I think I saw him selling the kit on EBay for around $25.

1 month later
#1559 3 years ago

maybe a fuse

1 month later
#1602 3 years ago

All the S & T schematics are the same.

2 years later
#2298 12 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

What would you guys do with this back cabinet damage?
[quoted image]

Fiberglass resin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 90.00
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

7,995 (OBO)
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jj44114.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club?tu=jj44114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.