IMG_6253 (resized).jpg
IMG_6254 (resized).jpg
c928de729783bf855db2c4fad7afdbee637c54ed (resized).jpg
cc89192186c76bbcfae62d319969e24fd9478da8 (resized).jpg
N-68X (resized).jpg
Big Daddy Flash (resized).png
IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jappie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#467 7 years ago

I once got a beautiful, unfaded and hardly routed FG out of a small warehouse find at an old operators garage. I own it together with a friend now. It's in his garage, waiting for some small repairs. Planning to clearcoat it too... the playfield is beautiful, and I'd like to keep it that way. I'll post some pictures when I get it out. It's probably the best preserved original Bally SS I've ever seen. And I've seen some.

Talking about beautiful FG playfields... I was in Rome last month. The guesthouse I stayed in had a dining table made of five pinball playfields. Two of these playfields were FG's, but not made by Bally: they were copies from the Italian company Bell Games. What struck me especially is the beautiful shape these playfields were in. Almost looked NOS. The reason? Italian companies like Bell Games and Zaccaria had clearcoated playfields. Also, the Bell Games playfield is different from the Bally one in a couple of places. Can you spot them?
20160913_170847 (resized).jpg20160913_170847 (resized).jpg
20160913_170838 (resized).jpg20160913_170838 (resized).jpg

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Funnily enough, I was just going to post that I finally got my Bell Games Flash Gordon up and running.
I imported it (and a Big Game) from Italy last year. Both had been in storage for a lonnnnnnng time. When I plugged the FG in, smoke came out of the transformer lol.
So yesterday I finally got it up and going for the first time. The sound isn't going though, the amp is running but I suspect the roms need replacing after 10-20 years of storage.
I'll post some pictures in a week or two when I am next back in Pukekohe.
rd

Cool to hear that at least one Bell Games FG is actually in one piece and working! Is it in good shape? Looking forward to see your pictures.

2 years later
#831 4 years ago

Hi fellow FG owners,

I've just received the new drop targets that I ordered on Ebay from Classic Arcades.

I was under the impression that these were supposed to be hot stamped, but the ones I received have decals on them. The ones I ordered for my Fireball II were actually hot stamped.

Does anybody know the story behind this?

20190423_175305 (resized).jpg20190423_175305 (resized).jpg20190423_175326 (resized).jpg20190423_175326 (resized).jpg
#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

You should of purchased from pinball resource

Um, ok...

But: I didn't. And now I'm asking a question here on the forum about people's experiences with this other salesman. That's ok, right?

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If the seller (and auction) claimed that they are hot stamped and they showed up like this, I would have a case opened for misrepresenting the items and getting a refund. Agreed with madmax541 I always buy classic repro parts from pbresource. They are hot stamped.

Thanks for the tip. I might do that. Thing is, the ad doesn't specifically say they are hot stamped. I assumed they would be, because the ad does say this:

CLICK HERE TO SEE A VIDEO OF OUR STATE OF THE ART HOT STAMPER IN ACTION

...and because the bumper caps I once bought for my Bally Playboy from this seller were actually hot stamped.

I asked the seller through Ebay if I've made a wrong assumption. Will let you know the reply.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Pinball Resource has the OEM dies from Bally...
However, He did have to remake some of the dies that were missing.

Good to know. Next time, PBR it shall be. Have they updated their payment options already? I remember it being kind of a hassle to order from them from overseas.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Thanks for the tip. I might do that. Thing is, the ad doesn't specifically say they are hot stamped. I assumed they would be, because the ad does say this:
CLICK HERE TO SEE A VIDEO OF OUR STATE OF THE ART HOT STAMPER IN ACTION
...and because the bumper caps I once bought for my Bally Playboy from this seller were actually hot stamped.
I asked the seller through Ebay if I've made a wrong assumption. Will let you know the reply.

Update: I got a reply from the seller. He states that his hot stamp is broken and offers a refund. I've sent him a reply, saying that I'd like a full refund. But also asking if the refund covers the (high) international shipping costs. Curious how he will reply.

3 weeks later
#866 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

ebay.com link » Bally Flash Gordon Pinball Machine Drop Target Set
Yeah, I just saw that. It is very misleading to state that you have a hot stamper (In action) but that they didn't state specifically that the targets were hot stamped. The assumption is there. At 50+6 shipping, and a negative feedback, I would pursue a refund and get the real thing from PB resource. They are $4.00 each plus shipping from Steve. Cheaper and the real deal.

For those interested: Classic Arcades stopped communicating. I issued a dispute on Paypal, to which they didn't reply either. Paypal now gave me a full refund for receiving an inferior product. Sad that things have to go this way, but at least justice is served. Or something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 179.00
$ 99.00
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jappie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club?tu=jappie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.