IMG_6253 (resized).jpg
IMG_6254 (resized).jpg
c928de729783bf855db2c4fad7afdbee637c54ed (resized).jpg
cc89192186c76bbcfae62d319969e24fd9478da8 (resized).jpg
N-68X (resized).jpg
Big Daddy Flash (resized).png
IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ita47.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#906 4 years ago

Joining the club. I picked this up a couple of weeks ago from an old operator. True barn find. It was buried in the back And had to move a ton of stuff to get it out. Glad I can save it. I already got a Hardtop for it. It will be a lot of work, but worth it if I ever get it done.

223D718D-C1F8-4E3D-B378-A29C7EB5204C (resized).jpeg223D718D-C1F8-4E3D-B378-A29C7EB5204C (resized).jpeg3DB15D3F-D706-4D14-B3B8-1C9AFC405021 (resized).jpeg3DB15D3F-D706-4D14-B3B8-1C9AFC405021 (resized).jpegD23C88E1-FF51-45FE-8A52-70674E410F3A (resized).jpegD23C88E1-FF51-45FE-8A52-70674E410F3A (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#925 4 years ago
Quoted from mwiz:

Hello,
I'm in the process of a restore.

Also does anybody know if there are any US sellers of spinner decals?
Thanks,
Mike[quoted image]

I'm also looking for spinner decals, any help locating these would be greatly appreciated!

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I picked up spinner decals from Action Pinball. Looks good, to what mine originally looked like. As for wire forms, I believe I used these 2 - 1/2 inch ones from Marcos, and they were a direct drop in. Just measure it up first.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5300-01

Thanks I just ordered spinner decals from Action Pinball. I got some for my Meteor too!

1 month later
#947 4 years ago

Those look great! Interested depending on cost.

6 months later
#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Had some time today while in self-quarantine (corona), so I drew and printed a mod for the Wood Beast. This area of the playfield was always ugly to me because you can see down into the cabinet and some of the wires are visible. Also, the extra ball light seemed to be in a strange location as an indicator for the shot that you need to make. I imagined a 3D textured interior that would light up when the extra ball is lit, and drew your eye to the spot target in the back that beckons you to try the Wood Beast . Here is a slow mo video of it in action: https://i.imgur.com/HeiFQyD.mp4
Edit: I printed this in glow in the dark PLA filament, but I don't think it ever gets the light it needs to charge. It was just the closest green color that I had on hand.
[quoted image]

Looks great would you mind sharing your print file? I would love to print one for my game.

5 months later
#1334 3 years ago

Power87's playfield looks great, but the pictures of the FG playfield on CPR's website looks way off. The browns and oranges are terrible.

I have a uninstalled Hardtop for mine and was considering ordering a CPR playfield, but after seeing the pictures I don't think I want to do that.

First pic is from Power87 which is a CPR reprint on his original playfield, second is from CPR's website, third is a FG Hardtop in the plastic.

FG2 (resized).jpgFG2 (resized).jpgFlashGordon-4 (resized).jpgFlashGordon-4 (resized).jpgFGHT (resized).jpgFGHT (resized).jpg

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

So the power87 one is CPR's new digital process print - do you like the way that one looks as that's likely what you're going to receive from CPR, not the one pictured on the website - I don't think it looks bad either, just different.
There's a lot of variants in the way things were printed and came out even among original playfields - differing shades, etc. For instance I remember Eight Ball Deluxe's playfield's so-called white being a cream color, which is why I bought the IPB one way back when. Everyone else seems to put this as stark white, which looks off to me - but still looks good and I'd be happy with it anyway.
I was considering getting the FG playfield as well even though I don't have the game yet. Been looking on and off casually for a while.... likely the last 80s game I'm looking for.

I hope it is just the lighting on the CPR pics. I do think Power87's looks good, the colors look much more accurate and I hope that is how these will look in person. I realize there was some variation from run to run on the originals. I think I will wait until some that have already ordered the CPR playfields receive them and can chime in. If it is the lighting in the pics then CPR should consider retaking them.

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have asked CPR for clarification on this pointing out that for the most part my factory playfield and the prior CPR FG runs match whereas the one currently featured on the website the Hawkman by the slings look dressed in lightish pink rather than a golden brown.
I'm hoping its just the lighting.

Agreed the brown on the Hawkman appears to be off. The orange on the website looks like a rosy pink also definitely not orange like my original playfield.

The photo below is my trashed playfield. If you look at the upper playfield and at Ming between the flippers you can clearly see the orange.

IMG-2151 (resized).jpgIMG-2151 (resized).jpg

11 months later
#1770 2 years ago

Is this what you are talking about? Saw it here on PS

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/04471-flash-gordon-drop-target-decals-

FG drop targets (resized).jpgFG drop targets (resized).jpg
2 years later
#2672 3 months ago
Quoted from rack-em-up:

Flash Gordon Hardtop
Happy to report that I just finished sticking a FG Hardtop to my FG upper and lower playfields. Absolutely no problems. Good alignment and, best of all, no adhesion problems. I was concerned about the possibility of poor adhesion because I purchased the Hardtop about 5 years ago. I guess I worried needlessly. It looks great![quoted image]

That's great to know because mine is about 4 years old and I have been worried about the adhesive still being good. I hope I have the same experience.

2 weeks later
#2692 87 days ago

How many of you have ditched the linear flippers and converted them to the older non linear style, or is this considered sacrilege? I am considering converting mine while I have it apart to install the Hard Top.

1 week later
#2747 76 days ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

You have to clean out the extra clear coat that made the hole smaller. This was the process I used Took only a few minutes per hole but super easy. I tried using just small files but it took forever and started to lift the clear on mine and left some nasty finishes. Get small files and a Dremel with the right attachments is the way to go.
used
Dremel diamond point 7134
Dremel 5/32 Chainsaw sharpening stone 453
Dremel nylon brush wheel
Precision Needle files (just search amazon)

Wow great video! Thanks for sharing. I have a Bobby Orr Power Play playfield from CPR that has 10 roll overs and they are almost filled completely with clear. I have really been dreading having to cut all that clear out. I will give your method a try for sure!

#2748 76 days ago

I finally decided to get back on my FG project. I sanded and cleared my playfield this weekend in preparation for the HardTop. This playfield had rodents living on it at one time so I wanted it sealed before putting the HT on. I am hoping to get it installed this week. I will try to post updates as I go.

IMG_6623 (resized).jpegIMG_6623 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2763 67 days ago

I finally got my HardTop put on. I was worried that the adhesive might not work because I have had it in a box for 4 plus years. Lucky for me it was fine. I do regret not replacing my transparent inserts, but it still looks good. I put black vinyl rings around all my inserts and clear coated the playfield first with automotive clear. The HardTop alignment was pretty good but not perfect, which I expected. Overall very pleased. Now to put the playfield back together and paint the cabinet.

66277047031__BE249FBD-B8DB-45D1-8EC8-5FE147B2324B (resized).jpeg66277047031__BE249FBD-B8DB-45D1-8EC8-5FE147B2324B (resized).jpegIMG_6619 (resized).jpegIMG_6619 (resized).jpegIMG_6646 (resized).jpegIMG_6646 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#2770 45 days ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I'm very happy to be back in the club after a few years! With Tron and Iron Man gone, this is by far the hardest game I own, but it's one of the best.
[quoted image]

Looks like a nice example!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 99.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 199.95
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ita47.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club?tu=ita47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.