IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6256 (resized).jpeg
Thumbnail (resized).png
IMG_20240228_124335477 (resized).jpg
66277047031__BE249FBD-B8DB-45D1-8EC8-5FE147B2324B (resized).jpeg
IMG_6646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6619 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guitarded.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1379 3 years ago

I am now in the club.

Picked up a very nice Flash Gordon on Saturday. Loving it.

1 week later
#1408 3 years ago

Extra Balls off was the culprit on mine.

I have developed a nasty ghost scoring issue on odd right flipper fires...pretty sure it's the saucer that is rewarding the points, based on the accompanying sound...but the switches appear fine and not firing due to vibration on the PF.

3 weeks later
#1431 3 years ago

They go by pretty quick, but 6 on mine...if I am counting them right.

3 weeks later
#1475 3 years ago

Well, I finally sorted my Right Flipper Fire -> Saucer Bonus Award issue.
Turns out it was not my saucer (upkick) that I was getting awarded the points for, but the single drop target guarding the shooter lane!
That drop was terribly inconsistent and I ended up throwing an Alltek SDB in there. Now it is working fine and the Random Award was definitely related to it being in the down position. So, after replacing the messed up switch associated with it no more Mystery Awards.
Problem solved.

Unfortunately, my Squawk Box has started to get all garbled and fades almost completely after a few games now.

I am assuming it just needs a full recap, maybe?

Anyway. Nice to have proper scoring again.

2 weeks later
#1512 3 years ago

Congrats.

BG and PF look good from here!

1 week later
#1523 3 years ago

Nice Flash Gordon.

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

That’s really beautiful. Outstanding job! My playfield is about 90% factory mylared, so I can’t justify spending the bucks on a new one (damn).

What he said. Nice job. Can't imagine how smooth that must roll.

#1532 3 years ago

2x and 3x Playfield Scoring for 15 Seconds...
unless you light both at once.

Then it is 5x.

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Should the two playfield inserts light during this?

Arrows will flash once you qualify one (or both bonuses) 15 second inserts light once you get in the center dish and start the countdown.

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I don't seem to light extra ball from completing the drops on the right

EB might be turned off via settings

Might be the same for the constant background sound.

Targets, pops, rollovers, spinners and slings should all be throwing sounds as well.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Have a strange problem, right flipper triggers 10k before ball plunge but not during game -- is the middle saucer the only 10k shot in the game?

Check the switch on your single drop target.

That one will trigger if it is set poorly, then not happen again until you drop it with a shot.

(I was convinced I had center saucer ghost scoring happening for a long time because the sound effect of the two is close/same)

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Think it's the top drop target on the upper playfield but the gap looks fine. Should this drop be up to start?

It should start up, drop when the ball is launched and rolls over the shooter lane switch and once the ball passes and hits a rollover 'in play' , it should pop back up.

I ran into problems when it was in the down position, right flipper would cause the closed switch to opene and close, scoring 10k a pop and making the sound the upkick makes in the saucer.

As to adjusting that...I am assuming that you checked to make sure all hardware is proper snug and cleaned/serviced?

**A quick way to check would be to place a piece of business card / matchbook thickness material between that switch (closed position) and see if you still get the problem.

#1552 3 years ago

Fantastic.

It really is. Ming is truly Merciless.

And you still just mash and mash that Start Button.

#1558 3 years ago

Other playfield coils firing?

1 week later
#1566 3 years ago

Those are to fight trapped balls. I removed mine and have had 1 trapped ball in the 4 months since I pulled them.
It's not on location, so I don't mind an occasional hassle.

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll think about adding the nails back in. There is one in front of the upper flipper also plus some other places. If I see problems, it wont be too much work to do it once the playfield is back in the game, I wouldnt think.

Not at all and like someone else mentioned, thin posts / spools can also be substituted in places.

#1579 3 years ago

New Rails or did you refurb the old ones?

2 weeks later
#1592 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Can someone verify for me that under the plunger gauge, there are 3 long nylon spacers that go underneath it 5o hold it up?

White Spools / Spacers?

Yeah, two left and one on the right(rail).

3 months later
#1710 2 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Looking forward to joining the club!
I've just purchased an italian assembled bell games flash gordon from a local collection here
Just waiting on delivery
It's a nice original condition survivor,
Sold my nice fish tales to fund f.g.
Looking forward to Ming kicking my ass

Congrats.

Try the Wood Beast!

#1715 2 years ago

Why are there two balls in your FG?

Or is it just trying to kick out another?

5 months later
#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Any thoughts on how to diagnose and/or resolve this issue?

Does it lockup on the last tone? And just kinda drone there?

Mine was doing that and I repinned the J1(?) / Top Left connector on the MPU and it went back to normal booting for mine. Went aheand and repinned the rest of them while I was in there, as well.

#1806 2 years ago

Original Board?

If so. Maybe reflow the headers?

I KNOW J1 solved my Booting issue.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Any other suggestions for custom stuff that looks good?

Green LED Strip in the Wood Beast Drops bay looks pretty alright. As does throwing some light into the shooter 'tunnel'.

5 months later
#1901 1 year ago

I have mine set in the upper position. Realtively tight Tilt.

Wish I was good enough to make Open an option, but that right out is so brutal without a post.

Rebuilt all of my pops and man what a difference having crisp pops with unbroken rings. So much more fun.
Also, recapped my soundboard/squawk and talk last week and fixed all of my Speech issues.

1 week later
#1906 1 year ago

Friend of mine has been trying to talk me into doing his FG swap fora bout 14 months now...not looking forward to that one in the least bit.

1 month later
#1938 1 year ago

Never had that one with my FG. What is your PF set at for angle?

I only ask as I could not get a ball to rest in that spot without rolling out.

1 week later
#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Look at your aux board and the input/output pins. The flash unit is fired by the aux board. The aux board also runs the animated logo lamps and 2 pf lamps under Ming.

In concert with the Squawk and Talk. Re-Capping that one fixed any goofiness I had in my otherwise working Flasher.

1 month later
#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

Yes, someone added multiball to flash gordon a while ago although I don't remember what came out of it. They did it all with hardware.
Where else besides the center hole could you add multiball? Behind the inlines would require memory inlines to get the ball out.

You could work in the inline drops as physical ball locls a couple of different ways by my estimation. Some with some hardware and woodwork and others with code.

4 months later
#2047 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Pulled my FG playfield today to start pf swap over the weekend. Been involved with pins for the better part of 45 years but never did a pf swap - any tips? I've already got about 100 pics and labeled all the insert bulb wires (switching to Yopsicles). Was planning on starting with the topside teardown.

Go slow. Label absolutely everything and bag / box it. Now is the time to clean / rebuild every mech in the game and repair / replace pitted parts, coils and iffy wiring.

Don't trust the dimples / marks for mounting hardware. Fit everything and mark / confirm the marks yourself before drilling.

Go s l o w. And walk away when you feel any frustration setting in.

Dremel tile bits do a great job of preparing topside holes for actual drilling (H/T Ron Kruzman).

Find all the PF Swap Threads you can and read them. Learn from others success and failure.

Have fun. I am mid Swap on a friends FG and have a HGT in the wings, waiting.

#2050 1 year ago

If you look at the Kruzman Thread, he sells a PF Prep Kit that contains all the Dremmel Bits I use.

Will post a photo of them later this evening.

Other Dremmel Tool that is super handy is a Plunge Base. Makes drilling located holes super easy. Just have to undersize the bit a little as the dremmel motor is not as tight a tolerance as a larger drill motor.

2 weeks later
#2067 1 year ago

Check your scoring switch on that single drop target in the upper PF. I bet it is almost closed and making contact when the R Flipper(s) fire.

#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Any ideas on cleanly making those recesses?

Brand New Bosch plunge router in my tool kit for this very reason.

3 weeks later
#2128 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Just placed my order as many of my current plastics are not desirable. As for my mod ideas, most of them is to enhance lighting.

I usually place a small green LED strip behind the Wood Beat Target and tap off the Extra Ball Lamp to light up the Beast / Drop area when that Target is active.

Also, always liked it when there is some light added to the Ball Lane Tunnel.

Man. I gotta get another FG.

1 month later
#2156 1 year ago

Flash without dimples is a fun swap. Did that one in November. Enjoy.

4 weeks later
#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Tried again with the pf up and the eos switch actually sparked and then the fuse blew on first flip.

Is that spring shorting on the back of the eos switch?

Hard to tell if it is just perspective or if they are touching/arcing?

#2196 1 year ago

Right flipper would also activate the right upper flipper on FG.
Check the switch /wiring /diodes there as well. That would be my next step once I triple checked the lower.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 45.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 199.95
$ 25.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 99.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guitarded.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club?tu=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.