IMG_6253 (resized).jpg
IMG_6254 (resized).jpg
c928de729783bf855db2c4fad7afdbee637c54ed (resized).jpg
cc89192186c76bbcfae62d319969e24fd9478da8 (resized).jpg
N-68X (resized).jpg
Big Daddy Flash (resized).png
IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captive_ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#396 8 years ago

Been in the club for several months...can't believe I didn't post in this thread before. Has a CPR playfield and plastic set wiating to be swapped...hoping to get to it later this year. Will be my first playfield swap. Still plays....about 95% working. Has a State of Texas game license from 2002, got a lot of love!

IMG_0351_(resized).JPGIMG_0351_(resized).JPG

#400 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I've been part of the club for a while now, but didn't want to post until I had something nice to show.

Nice looking machine you've got there. What kind of LEDs do you have in the GI? They look like cool white, are they frosted?

#410 8 years ago

I was having an issue with the drop target would pop up, but not stay up. Looked under the playfiled, and low and behold it was the extension spring missing that you mentioned. That online parts catalog is awesome...looked at it many times.

1 month later
#433 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's what I ordered. I have the sunlight frosted in my Blackout GI & I really like the look of them.

That is one sexy looking pin...congrats on the score!

#437 8 years ago

Agreed, very nice apron cards indeed!

1 month later
#439 8 years ago

Overlay up for sale on Ebay...not mine, just putting up in case someone needs

ebay.com link: Flash Gordon Pinball Playfield Overlay

1 month later
#444 7 years ago
Quoted from AGEguy:

Ok thanks. They aren't of different lengths. One is thinner. Either or both are incorrect.

Just the bat
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2311

Or a bat with shaft
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3994-5

1 week later
#447 7 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Just joined the club! Is 7 degrees the correct set up angle? First Bally so I'm not sure. Thanks.

Congrats on the Flash Gordon pick up

Got the below from the Eight Ball Deluxe thread....believe it holds true for FG. If you have it at 7, it should play pretty fast and brutal.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Standards" (loose term):
Early EMs and wedgeheads, 3 degrees
Through the 70s (EMs), 3.5-4 degrees.
Early 80s, 4.5-5.5 degrees (including EBD)
Late 80s-90s, 6-6.5 degrees
Modern games, 6.5-7.5 degrees (The latter end is a little extreme on route games especially if flippers are weak)

1 month later
#449 7 years ago

Very nice DJ....Ming is going to be brutal to you with that fast playfield your going to have

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

I talked to Sam Jones that day and he told me that Bally never gave him a pinball machine, & always wanted one.

You would have thought with Bally making so many of them, that would have been a given. Too bad....nice to see a signed backglass by Flash Gordon himself.

#455 7 years ago

FG is a ball drainer for sure

1 year later
#518 6 years ago

I don't break 2 million very often on FG. My poor father in law had a below average game on it while I blew it up
IMG_1867 (resized).JPGIMG_1867 (resized).JPG

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Our Flash Gordon high score is over 5 million...
The thing is, it's on 5 balls per game and I'm not sure if it was me or Captive Ball Jim that put the 5 Mil there!
I've had some epic games on FG, but I have also had some epic fail games as well. LOL!
It's still my favorite Classic Bally!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Would be great if that were true...I put up a GC on your Centaur a while back and threatened your Fathom, but was never close to reaching 5 MM on FG....I believe we played 6-7 two player games for one of us to crack 1 MM if I remember correctly. But it sure is sweet when you actually are able to do it.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I would argue that FG has absolutely nothing to do with luck. It requires the most skill of any game to reach high scores, especially when there are no carryovers from ball to ball. You have to nudge. You have to make your shots, then get the ball back under control for the next shot. Draining is starting from scratch & tearing your hair out. If you're just slapping away, the center pops & slings are going to end your ball in less than 20 seconds.

I agree that you must hit your shots consistently to put up a great score, but luck will always be a little part of it. Whether its getting a lucky inlane or being able to get a flipper on a return front hitting an inline drop target. So many times I make a good shot to the in-line drop targets to be rewarding with screaming ball headed to the middle. You definitely can't luck your way into million point games, there's just not enough margin of error in FG.

I still keep hitting the start button over and over.

6 months later
#532 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Now I'm nearly in the club now! I'm buying this machine Hopefully it's not much worse than it looks

"Emperor Ming Awaits"
flash-gordon-1980 (resized).jpgflash-gordon-1980 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#539 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Took possession of my machine yesterday! It needs a good bit of TLC; no key for the back box so I'm going to drill it out today. The head was detached, so I haven't had a chance to power it up yet. It's got years and years of dirt and grime all over it and the upper playfield has quite a bit of wear. The lower playfield looks good from what I can see. Needs new drop targets, as there's an amalgamation of other bally drops. Will get the full treatment!

Pictures or it didn't happen

1 week later
#548 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Question on flipper alignment. Do you guys have the flippers in line with the ball guide or do you have it centered on the hole? Mine are centered on the hole right now, but it feels a little too low. I did order new cliffy ball guides so that may have an impact on it. It might be a while until they arrive.

I installed the modified Cliffy guides and used the thinner flipper rubbers a while back in my FG. It did help with the flipper hop, but It didn't eliminate it.

#550 6 years ago

I'll have to take a look at that...thanks for the info. Do you happen to have a link to that post or tell me which thread to look for it?

1 week later
#561 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Making sacrafices and tearing into FG so future pinheads can get rails easy from reese rails

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you......I was one of the fellows that reached out to Reese about a month ago inquiring about a set of these. You are a true friend of the crown.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 weeks later
1 month later
#581 5 years ago

Nice ball one.....the other 3 balls all look like standard FG punishment....especially loosing the ball down the right outlane after making a good shot to the inline drops.

Great score....could sense your happiness through a few remarks during that first ball

4 weeks later
#609 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The future is looking bright,and colorful I might add.

"Emperor Ming Awaits"

2 months later
#633 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Was on bigdaddy-enterprises.com and came across this. Looks a lot different than my original board!
[quoted image]

Please DON'T click pictures to enlarge

5 months later
#672 5 years ago

Making fast work of it....silver baby bat, interesting

2 years later
#1704 2 years ago

A friend made me these sweet FG apron cards...Emperor Ming awaits
43D8FFA9-68F0-4489-8B08-41B519F437C2 (resized).jpeg43D8FFA9-68F0-4489-8B08-41B519F437C2 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1722 2 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

I can't seem to locate a source for the upper right flipper for FG. The manual says the part number is ASE 2214-29, anyone have a different part number or know of a source?

I purchased a set of them from PBR years ago....helped that I needed the other side for Paragon

#C609-SETX Black is the part number for the set

http://www.pbresource.com/flippers.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 99.00
7,995 (OBO)
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captive_ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club?tu=captive_ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.