IMG_6253 (resized).jpg
IMG_6254 (resized).jpg
c928de729783bf855db2c4fad7afdbee637c54ed (resized).jpg
cc89192186c76bbcfae62d319969e24fd9478da8 (resized).jpg
N-68X (resized).jpg
Big Daddy Flash (resized).png
IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I replaced the bottom left flipper on my game, and noticed that it looked bigger than the one on the right (which seemed stuck to the point of my being unable to pry it out). The resulting space between the ball guide is smaller, so much so that the metal digs into the rubber at the top of the flip and the flipper gets stuck in place frequently. I thought I got the right parts from Marco. Advice?
[quoted image]

Start by ordering the correct flippers (left style) and correct flipper bushings. All parts available at PinpallLife. If after the change you absolutely can’t get the lane guides perfect you could always (and very simple) drill out the (2) screw holes very slightly in the metal guides say 1/16” larger. That change would never be seen but would allow plenty of up/down/side adjustment. Good luck, really fun game.

1 month later
#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Does anyone have a rubber map and list of materials? (I have a supply of some miscellaneous rubbers that I'd like to use that should cover 75% of this one)...just want to go through that before putting in my first order...

You can simply download the game manual which has the map and ring sizes.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=874

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Thanks quietearp that's pretty good info.
Anyone else have some hard-won wisdom on the rubber front?
I'm torn on using traditional rubbers vs some of the newer super-rubber stuff like Titan....the new stuff seems much "bouncier"...harder to trap balls and much more random. When I've played machines in the wild outfitted with new Titans or similar, I haven't really cared for the feel....I do like the idea of increased longevity and less disintegration/dust as the rubbers get older. I've also wondered about using Titans or similar on harder to reach areas on pins where there is significant disassembly required to change out all of the rubbers...I mean, you guys know how that works...there's always a handful that never get changed unless there is a complete disassembly...seems like in a cramped space like that and an area that could easily be overlooked or ignored these new types would be ideal. (I don't think that there are rubbers that specifically fit this description on FG, but I haven't really been working on this one yet. I've been concentrating on Meteor since that is probably easier and came in the door first). Should get a good start on FG in a week or two). Just trying to put together as complete an order as I can first time around...

Old school game, old school rubber. Also, simply just get a few extra for a dollar and your set as they will break down.

4 weeks later
#1355 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

For those who missed the recent FG small CPR PF release, more are coming.

He actually has one listed on eBay along with 40 other titles if anyone wants one now.

1 year later
#1864 2 years ago

Hoping for soome Flash advise. Some time ago (like most) my backbox flasher went out. Went the poloroid route and put in a new flasher. Seems like it pulse glows but not flash bulb light? Possible the cap is bad on that board or any suggestions?

2 weeks later
#1880 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Try new caps on the strobe board, mine was very faintly flashing until I replaced them. Fwiw, those caps are carrying high voltage so discharge them before you get to work!

That was it. New caps and Flash is flashing once again! Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,995 (OBO)
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 199.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.