Topic Stats

• 880 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by RustyLizard
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 470 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190510_220439 (resized).jpg
20190510_220413 (resized).jpg
20190510_220403 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190515_123835 (resized).jpg
20190430_215104 (resized).jpg
A59FCDAE-4683-4C29-928F-22156043E6D8 (resized).jpeg
B82CC625-49A6-4623-9EA9-BB4CE46F618A (resized).jpeg
EDE2D92C-4321-42C8-94FC-FF8A16661946 (resized).jpeg
E869B298-67C7-46C2-9CE3-A11C8C979FE7 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
A4EE3DE3-940E-4101-BDA2-33E3793BBCA1 (resized).jpeg
191F6769-7AEB-4063-86BC-B14E5951D9F9 (resized).jpeg
2A8E39C5-B475-46AE-89F3-FDF7DA26737B (resized).jpeg
20190423_175326 (resized).jpg
20190423_175305 (resized).jpg

There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I've been part of the club for a while now, but didn't want to post until I had something nice to show.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Very nice!

#402 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a spinner? My FG came with one missing and it currently has a Gottlieb/Devil's Dare spinner standing in...

Thanks in advance,

Brian

#403 3 years ago

Cool white clear lense dual smd from comet

#404 3 years ago

I personally didn't like the cool white look and reaplced them with warm whites. So make sure to test out before

#405 3 years ago

Personal preference. I like it bright!

You could just decal the spinner. The graphics are out there... Just laminate, apply adhesive tape, and boom; devils dare becomes Ming.
I don't remember where I found it, but I have the pdf file...

Ming_spinner_(resized).jpg

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Personal preference. I like it bright!

You could just decal the spinner. The graphics are out there... Just laminate, apply adhesive tape, and boom; devils dare becomes Ming.
I don't remember where I found it, but I have the pdf file...

Ming_spinner_(resized).jpg

Thanks ... may just give that a go. Actually the Gottlieb spinners are slightly bigger. Anyone selling a generic Bally spinner?

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Anyone know where I can get a spinner? My FG came with one missing and it currently has a Gottlieb/Devil's Dare spinner standing in...
Thanks in advance,
Brian

I have some left from my earlier FG resto. They are rough but can be painted and decal applied.
PM me your address and I'll send you one.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I have some left from my earlier FG resto. They are rough but can be painted and decal applied.
PM me your address and I'll send you one.

Awesome, thanks!

#409 3 years ago

In rebuilding my pop bumpers I ran into issues with the single pop up blocking to return to the shooter lane. Long story short I was missing the spring, and didn't realize one of the rollover switches was making contact preventing the drop from activating. While researching the problems I came across the parts diagram (courtesy of Planetary Pinball's online parts catalog, Bally 1980-1, page 76 (or 13 of 44 through the catalog navigator)). Here's the snippet:

SingleDrop_(resized).jpg

#410 3 years ago

I was having an issue with the drop target would pop up, but not stay up. Looked under the playfiled, and low and behold it was the extension spring missing that you mentioned. That online parts catalog is awesome...looked at it many times.

1 week later
#411 3 years ago

**ANNOYING PROBLEM - FIX/SOLUTION HERE**

So I installed my brand new drops and things weren't right. The single drop wouldn't stay up. Long story short ... new drop targets are molded a bit too thick at the top. So refer to the diagram above: The arm on the mini coil to drop the target makes contact with the new "fatter" drop target preventing the drop from latching thoroughly at the top in position (essentially pushing it back off the ledge). The solution is to file down a bit off of the top of the target just above where the upper spring hole is. Problem solved! It goes up and stays up.

Hope this helps someone out ... it had be going for a LONG while looking at all my leaf switches, testing diodes, and scratching my head.

Regards,

Brian

#412 3 years ago

sweet, that single drop target is one heck of a contraption!

#413 3 years ago

After searchimg for quite a while I am officially a member of the club. I picked up FG last night and played for about 3 hours. First up will be flipper mech swap out, back glass, speakers and nbii board. Then the hunt for a cpr PF.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

After searchimg for quite a while I am officially a member of the club. I picked up FG last night and played for about 3 hours. First up will be flipper mech swap out, back glass, speakers and nbii board. Then the hunt for a cpr PF.

Congrats. I must say I'm totally loving Flash Gordon. I set all options to difficult and dialed everything in just right. It can be brutal at times, but that's what keeps me playing one more. Meanwhile my recent NIB IMVE is getting jealous ... right now it's about 10 Flash Gordon on play time.

Now only if I can get my strobe to work....

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Congrats. I must say I'm totally loving Flash Gordon. I set all options to difficult and dialed everything in just right. It can be brutal at times, but that's what keeps me playing one more. Meanwhile my recent NIB IMVE is getting jealous ... right now it's about 10 Flash Gordon on play time.
Now only if I can get my strobe to work....

Marco sells replacement strobe lamps. There is also a repro strobe made by pinpoint electronics. I got one from K'arcade for $85. The strove gets it's power from the small transformer in the cab. You should get 115V there.

#417 3 years ago

I think the unit is ok ...may just need a new strobe bulb, but I have to dig a bit more before throwing in the towel and going repro. Half the fun of these old Bally pins is troubleshooting.

#418 3 years ago

BTW, An F2K is in my future. That's a fun pin I really need to add to my collection.

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

BTW, An F2K is in my future. That's a fun pin I really need to add to my collection.

They made 6000 of them so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one,

3 weeks later
#420 3 years ago

I picked up a really nice example on saturday and Im loving it. Does anyone have a spare pop bumper bracket? One of mine is currently being held together with some wire and rubber rings

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Does anyone have a spare pop bumper bracket?

Marco's can have one to you in a couple of days.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=ase-1567

#422 3 years ago

Well there ya go Thanks!

1 week later
#423 3 years ago

Well after a very long 2+ year search, I've finally joined the Flash Gordon Club! While it took forever, the search was worth it in the end. Was able to buy this restored FG this weekend from another Pinsider & I couldn't be more grateful! Fully restored cabinet, new Alltek boards, CPR playfield & plastics, original flawless backglass, rebuilt flippers & pops, and chrome everywhere you look. It's just beautiful It certainly is a great feeling when you finally get your hands on that grail pin! FG is NEVER leaving my collection.

I've set it to 3-ball, made all the settings as conservative as possible, no replay awards. Only EBs earned at the inline drops. I'm looking forward to getting my ass kicked repeatedly & becoming a better player because of it!

Task list for now: Swap out the original bulbs in the GI, backbox & inserts for Comet 2 SMD LEDs. While I do love the overall look of the incandescents on this pin, I'm going to put sunlight white bulbs in the GI, just to brighten it up a little bit. Also going to add white Titan silicone rubbers everywhere. That should make everything really pop & come to life I'm also going to create some custom apron cards as well.

What a beauty though! Loving this game! Emperor Ming Awaits!

image1_(resized).JPG

image2_(resized).JPG

image3_(resized).JPG

image4_(resized).JPG

#424 3 years ago

Welcome to the club! Is the deal with the altek board you won't have to add resistors for the LEDs?

#425 3 years ago

Whoa.... So pretty. Congrats!

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Welcome to the club! Is the deal with the altek board you won't have to add resistors for the LEDs?

Yep! LEDS EVERYWHERE

#427 3 years ago

Yes that's my understanding. With the Alltek lamp driver board I can just swap in the LEDs. All set to go.

#428 3 years ago

She's a beauty

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yes that's my understanding. With the Alltek lamp driver board I can just swap in the LEDs. All set to go.

You can if it has been wired for it. The Alltek boards use a secondary power tap for LEDs. You will see a wire running from the back of the the back box door to the lamp driver board if it has been run per the instructions.

I would also recommend that you look at the sunlight temperature frosted bulbs from Comet.

#430 3 years ago

That's what I ordered. I have the sunlight frosted in my Blackout GI & I really like the look of them.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

While I do love the overall look of the incandescents on this pin, I'm going to put sunlight white bulbs in the GI, just to brighten it up a little bit.

Quoted from WonkoTSane:

I would also recommend that you look at the sunlight temperature frosted bulbs from Comet.

#432 3 years ago

That's one gorgeous FG!

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's what I ordered. I have the sunlight frosted in my Blackout GI & I really like the look of them.

That is one sexy looking pin...congrats on the score!

#434 3 years ago

Thought I would post some custom apron cards I made with Photoshop last night. I'm a huge fan of Alex Ross, and he's done a lot of Flash Gordon work over the years (comic covers for Dynamite, Blu-Ray box cover art, etc etc).

The first card is a print he made for the 35th anniversary of the movie, and who doesn't love a little more taunting from Ming? I'm going to print them out tonight & give them a try.

Enjoy Earthlings!

5.5x3.25_fg_full_(resized).jpg

5.5x3.25_ming_TA_(resized).jpg

#435 3 years ago

I'm new to the club and super dupper happy ! Flash Gordon was at the top of my wishlist.
I will restore it next winter, i'm actually restoring an EBD

IMG_6303_(resized).JPG

IMG_6302_(resized).JPG

IMG_6304_(resized).JPG

IMG_6305_(resized).JPG

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thought I would post some custom apron cards I made with Photoshop last night. I'm a huge fan of Alex Ross, and he's done a lot of Flash Gordon work over the years (comic covers for Dynamite, Blu-Ray box cover art, etc etc).
The first card is a print he made for the 35th anniversary of the movie, and who doesn't love a little more taunting from Ming? I'm going to print them out tonight & give them a try.
Enjoy Earthlings!
5.5x3.25_fg_full_(resized).jpg
5.5x3.25_ming_TA_(resized).jpg

Those look great, nice job!

#437 3 years ago

Agreed, very nice apron cards indeed!

#438 3 years ago

So I'm trying to dial in the settings how I want them, but I'm not sure if what I want is even an option....

Here's how I have it set now. It's set for 3 Ball. I have all the switches set to the most conservative difficult settings, NO carryovers from ball to ball. NO rewards for reaching default replay scores at 600K & 1.1M. One Extra Ball may be earned per game.

Now I would like Extra Balls to be earned ONLY at the Inline drops or at the Scoop. I want specials at the upper playfield & both outlanes to score POINTS, not extra balls.

So I need to adjust the operator settings at the coin door, specifically #16. The instructions are on page 4A of the manual. That's where I'm having the problem.

From what I can tell this setting controls awards for the Inline drop target, saucer, both outlane specials & the upper playfield special. I want the Inlines & saucer to award Extra Balls, and the outlane & upper playfield specials to award points (50K is the default). But since the #16 setting controls ALL FOUR of these targets, it looks like I'm forced to choose between extra balls or points for all of them.

Is that correct?? Or am I missing something?

1 month later
#439 3 years ago

Overlay up for sale on Ebay...not mine, just putting up in case someone needs

ebay.com link » Flash Gordon Pinball Playfield Overlay

1 month later
#440 2 years ago

What is the correct flipper bat size for this pin? My eyes aren't so hot but it looks to me that I have two different flippers. The left one looks a little fatter and shorter than the right one. What's the correct size?

#441 2 years ago

Just standard 3" Bally flippers down low and a 2" up on the upper playfield.

#442 2 years ago

Ok thanks. They aren't of different lengths. One is thinner. Either or both are incorrect.

#443 2 years ago

Thinner one isn't a Bally then.

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from AGEguy:

Ok thanks. They aren't of different lengths. One is thinner. Either or both are incorrect.

Just the bat
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2311

Or a bat with shaft
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3994-5

#445 2 years ago

Cool. Checks in the mail!

1 week later
#446 2 years ago

Just joined the club! Is 7 degrees the correct set up angle? First Bally so I'm not sure. Thanks.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Just joined the club! Is 7 degrees the correct set up angle? First Bally so I'm not sure. Thanks.

Congrats on the Flash Gordon pick up

Got the below from the Eight Ball Deluxe thread....believe it holds true for FG. If you have it at 7, it should play pretty fast and brutal.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Standards" (loose term):
Early EMs and wedgeheads, 3 degrees
Through the 70s (EMs), 3.5-4 degrees.
Early 80s, 4.5-5.5 degrees (including EBD)
Late 80s-90s, 6-6.5 degrees
Modern games, 6.5-7.5 degrees (The latter end is a little extreme on route games especially if flippers are weak)

1 month later
#448 2 years ago

Woohoo! I managed to locate a new pf for my barn find Flash Gordon.

Now I just need a cpr set of plastics, if anyone has a set they won't be using?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#449 2 years ago

Very nice DJ....Ming is going to be brutal to you with that fast playfield your going to have

#450 2 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Granger, WASHINGTON STATE
$ 149.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kalamazoo, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside