IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6256 (resized).jpeg
Thumbnail (resized).png
IMG_20240228_124335477 (resized).jpg
66277047031__BE249FBD-B8DB-45D1-8EC8-5FE147B2324B (resized).jpeg
IMG_6646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6619 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,788 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 56.
#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Flash! Savior of the Universe!
Not in the club (but love the game). Was walking through the mall on the way to the Lego Store with my little ones and saw FLASH is playing in AMC and Cinemark theaters (that are open) for a 40th anniversary special for the next few weeks. Tickets were $5 where I was but the movie was likely too much for my 4 year old. In any case, if you have not seen it and want an excuse to go to the movies... now is the time!
[quoted image]

Such a good movie! The Wood Beast challenge totally freaked me out.

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Flash! Savior of the Universe!
Not in the club (but love the game). Was walking through the mall on the way to the Lego Store with my little ones and saw FLASH is playing in AMC and Cinemark theaters (that are open) for a 40th anniversary special for the next few weeks. Tickets were $5 where I was but the movie was likely too much for my 4 year old. In any case, if you have not seen it and want an excuse to go to the movies... now is the time!
[quoted image]

Quoted from Nokoro:

Such a good movie! The Wood Beast challenge totally freaked me out.

Actually gave in and watched this movie streaming with my kids last night for the first time (it came out before I was born). What a corny, but great movie! My 4, 6, and 9 year old all loved it. The first 10 minutes on earth are slow, but if you can get them to sit with it until they get to space they will love it. If you have not seen it the movie is worth at least 1 watch and is kids safe.

#1503 3 years ago

Hello,

I need some help with a roll over switch. The hole with the circle is the switch in question. I'm trying to figure out what color the wires are that go to it.

Thanks,
Brad.

0B46B94B-8E2F-41CF-A956-1CB587E06663_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0B46B94B-8E2F-41CF-A956-1CB587E06663_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Hey folks - I am looking at picking up a Flash Gordon. I have heard mixed reviews on hardtops and gameplay. I may not be able to play the game in person before picking it up, so, I am curious: do you have a hardtop installed? If so, how is the gameplay?
If anybody hears of a FG up for sale, please point them to me! Thanks!

I've played a couple of other pins with hardtops. They look nice enough (not nearly as nice as a minty playfield), but I HATE the feel. Ever played a pin with the plastic playfield protector? Like that, but WAY worse. I'd personally never buy a pin with a hardtop unless it was an AMAZING deal and repro playfields were available.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from Enochsmoken:

The hole with the circle is the switch in question. I'm trying to figure out what color the wires are that go to it.

The three star rollover button switches in the upper shooter lane are all wired in parallel with the same wire colors:
White-Red wire to the lug with the non-banded side of the diode.
Brown-Yellow wire to the standalone lug.

FlashGordon_SwitchMatrix.gifFlashGordon_SwitchMatrix.gif

#1506 3 years ago

Thanks Quench!

For some reason I didn't notice the Wire Color Code box listed on the drawing. Boy do I feel stupid.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I've played a couple of other pins with hardtops. They look nice enough (not nearly as nice as a minty playfield), but I HATE the feel. Ever played a pin with the plastic playfield protector? Like that, but WAY worse. I'd personally never buy a pin with a hardtop unless it was an AMAZING deal and repro playfields were available.

I have never really noticed a difference with a playfield protector, maybe slightly faster?

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from Enochsmoken:

For some reason I didn't notice the Wire Color Code box listed on the drawing.

That's probably because it's not on the original playfield schematic - I put the wire color chart in that diagram so it makes sense

#1509 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

That's probably because it's not on the original playfield schematic - I put the wire color chart in that diagram so it makes sense

Ahhhhh. Well done thank you very much.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have never really noticed a difference with a playfield protector, maybe slightly faster?

Faster, balls spins more, ball sounds different. I have them on a few of of my pins. I put one on a NIB AFMrLE I bought, in order to keep the playfield brand new. I put one on my T2 and my HGOT as a cheap/quick way to address cupped inserts. I don't HATE the play/feel of the protector, but I definitely prefer it without (if the inserts on the T2/HGOT weren't causing balls to change directions). I disliked the play/feel of the hard tops much more. They LOOK great, though!

#1511 3 years ago

Hi Guys. I’ve just bought a Flash Gordon project and have it booting and playing but the strobe is so dim. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

522E1DAB-4891-4E61-BCFB-7C52ECE4314B (resized).jpeg522E1DAB-4891-4E61-BCFB-7C52ECE4314B (resized).jpeg

#1512 3 years ago

Congrats.

BG and PF look good from here!

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from 1979wade:

Hi Guys. I’ve just bought a Flash Gordon project and have it booting and playing but the strobe is so dim. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Looks good - I've seen way worse. Please don't get me going on the strobe again! Mine is cursed....

#1514 3 years ago

For the weak strobe: i fixed a similar issue on mine by replacing the 2 big electrolytic caps on the strobe board.

#1515 3 years ago

Thanks! I am very happy with the condition.

frunch I’ll replace those caps and hopefully that’ll fix it. Thanks

#1516 3 years ago

Found a spinner off of a Baby Pac-Man

#1517 3 years ago

Okay my FG has developed an issue. Was working 100%, but now when it boots it makes the siren sound like 6 times and then just the low freq. Whaaa sound. When it was working properly it would make a two-tone Waaa, waaa sound.

Also, when I play a game, after ball one ends, it fails to increment the ball in play counter to ball 2, it does so after the second ball is ended, and then also after that for balls 2 and 3. So every game you get two "Ball 1"s. Strange.

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Okay my FG has developed an issue. Was working 100%, but now when it boots it makes the siren sound like 6 times and then just the low freq. Whaaa sound. When it was working properly it would make a two-tone Waaa, waaa sound.
Also, when I play a game, after ball one ends, it fails to increment the ball in play counter to ball 2, it does so after the second ball is ended, and then also after that for balls 2 and 3. So every game you get two "Ball 1"s. Strange.

Have you checked the easy things? Connectors, reflow solder to pins, display test, etc. Do you have an extra ball enabled at a very low score?

#1519 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

For the weak strobe: i fixed a similar issue on mine by replacing the 2 big electrolytic caps on the strobe board.

I just put a new flash bulb in mine as an attempt to fix it. It now gives off a very dull glow when it’s supposed to flash. I will try the caps as suggested as it might be the next step to getting mine fully working.

#1520 3 years ago

It looks like Marco may be working with someone to recreate the flash unit again in the future, but with LEDs this time. They have a Flash Gordon that has the flash unit in it, but they don't know the condition of the machine at the moment. It's on their radar though!

#1521 3 years ago

I’m in the club!

The ball eject switch is loose. Does anyone have a good pic of the ball eject switch that can be posted for reference?
F07C8BB0-69AD-40E8-9FFD-002E46A2367B (resized).jpegF07C8BB0-69AD-40E8-9FFD-002E46A2367B (resized).jpeg43F0198B-D654-4DFD-92B2-D271DA12C040 (resized).jpeg43F0198B-D654-4DFD-92B2-D271DA12C040 (resized).jpeg4905C86C-4236-4168-9A08-39D407441B89 (resized).jpeg4905C86C-4236-4168-9A08-39D407441B89 (resized).jpegF3726BDF-3FE8-4E22-B38A-6087EB82F45F (resized).jpegF3726BDF-3FE8-4E22-B38A-6087EB82F45F (resized).jpegD0A3522E-4F36-4093-BADF-F809D26F5B93 (resized).jpegD0A3522E-4F36-4093-BADF-F809D26F5B93 (resized).jpeg44A9483C-6B39-489E-9A18-F95C4DE13595 (resized).jpeg44A9483C-6B39-489E-9A18-F95C4DE13595 (resized).jpeg

D05ECF3F-34F8-4EB7-B1FB-7F067E79DDF6 (resized).jpegD05ECF3F-34F8-4EB7-B1FB-7F067E79DDF6 (resized).jpeg
#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’m in the club!
The ball eject switch is loose. Does anyone have a good pic of the ball eject switch that can be posted for reference?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow. Really nice. I have a similar lower playfield re the Mylar, but someone ripped off the Mylar from a point between the pops up to the saucer, so I have more wear and raggedy edged Mylar there. Yours is really nice. The upper is great. Excellent purchase.

#1523 3 years ago

Nice Flash Gordon.

#1524 3 years ago

Super nice condition! Doing mine this winter. CPR Playfield ready to go!!

#1525 3 years ago

Re: ball eject switch fixed. The light of day and a good nights sleep was all I needed....time to play!!!

#1526 3 years ago

Re: ball eject switch fixed. The light of day and a good nights sleep was all I needed....time to play!!!

Just picked mine up. Worked perfectly before transport, but now the ball is not ejecting. Haven't pulled it apart yet, but hoping it's something simple. LOVE this pin!!

#1527 3 years ago

Just finished up a playfield swap (my first) and cabinet repaint. I think it came out nice!

20201114_141108 (resized).jpg20201114_141108 (resized).jpg20201114_141205 (resized).jpg20201114_141205 (resized).jpg20201114_141213 (resized).jpg20201114_141213 (resized).jpg20201114_141242 (resized).jpg20201114_141242 (resized).jpg
#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Just finished up a playfield swap (my first) and cabinet repaint. I think it came out nice!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job!

My FG’s cabinet is trashed, but playfield is very nice, and it’s one of the best playing classics in my collection.

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s really beautiful. Outstanding job! My playfield is about 90% factory mylared, so I can’t justify spending the bucks on a new one (damn). I did redo the cabinet, added a new apron, and rebuilt all the mechs and I am really pleased with all that. Plays great and is my go-to first game when I start a night of pinball.

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

That’s really beautiful. Outstanding job! My playfield is about 90% factory mylared, so I can’t justify spending the bucks on a new one (damn).

What he said. Nice job. Can't imagine how smooth that must roll.

#1531 3 years ago

I don’t know all the rules yet so I don’t know what the game should always be doing...but it feels like I have some things to address

Wha is supposed to happen when the 15 seconds of laser(?) happens?

When is the flasher light in the backbox supposed to go off? None of the bulbs behind the words “Flash Gordon” are working.

Any help or links to solutions is appreciated.

PS...Ming is merciless, even with the plunger!

AC0F9729-BE3D-40AD-B871-E986EBBA2A5A (resized).jpegAC0F9729-BE3D-40AD-B871-E986EBBA2A5A (resized).jpeg

#1532 3 years ago

2x and 3x Playfield Scoring for 15 Seconds...
unless you light both at once.

Then it is 5x.

#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

2x and 3x Playfield Scoring for 15 Seconds...
unless you light both at once.
Then it is 5x.

Should the two playfield inserts light during this?

#1534 3 years ago

The 15 second clock ones should, yes.

#1535 3 years ago

Arrows will flash once you qualify one (or both bonuses) 15 second inserts light once you get in the center dish and start the countdown.

#1536 3 years ago

Help!

I lost the two black wooden rails tht connect the upper and lower playfields together. I took my maching apart 7 years ago, and lost them. Does anyone know the dimensions of these rails? I'm need to make new ones.

Thanks,
Brad

#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from Enochsmoken:

Help!
I lost the two black wooden rails tht connect the upper and lower playfields together. I took my maching apart 7 years ago, and lost them. Does anyone know the dimensions of these rails? I'm need to make new ones.
Thanks,
Brad

Which one/level are you looking for?

fg rails (resized).jpgfg rails (resized).jpg
#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Which one/level are you looking for?[quoted image]

The one that starts on the playfield side and transistions to bottom side.

#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from Enochsmoken:

The one that starts on the playfield side and transistions to bottom side.

This should get you pretty close, but you may need to finesse it to fit your machine. I measured it so you have two solid boards that you can start with, and then I have the measurements for the areas that are cut away to fit the playfields. In the screen capture example, the bottom two boards are the starting boards with cutouts lined up, and the top two boards are with the finished cuts.

Left Side
Starting Board - 33.625 x 1.688 x 0.5 inches
Upper Cutaway - 6.625 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches
Lower Cutaway - 27.125 x 0.50 x 0.50 inches

Right Side
Starting Board - 38.00 x 1.688 x 0.5 inches
Upper Cutaway - 9.00 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches
Lower Cutaway - 24.625 in x 0.50 x 0.50 inches

Flash Gordon Rails (resized).jpgFlash Gordon Rails (resized).jpg
#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

This should get you pretty close, but you may need to finesse it to fit your machine. I measured it so you have two solid boards that you can start with, and then I have the measurements for the areas that are cut away to fit the playfields. In the screen capture example, the bottom two boards are the starting boards with cutouts lined up, and the top two boards are with the finished cuts.
Left Side
Starting Board - 33.625 x 1.688 x 0.5 inches
Upper Cutaway - 6.625 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches
Lower Cutaway - 27.125 x 0.50 x 0.50 inches
Right Side
Starting Board - 38.00 x 1.688 x 0.5 inches
Upper Cutaway - 9.00 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches
Lower Cutaway - 24.625 in x 0.50 x 0.50 inches
[quoted image]

Fantastic!! Thank you very much.

Brad

#1541 3 years ago

My hard-top is done. I was putting off making rails because my game is by my parents and COVID concerns..., BUT looks like I can get started! bluebomber Thank you!

#1542 3 years ago

Just joined the club, point me in the right direction?

Should there be any noises besides the constant tick of scoring and the catch in the middle saucer?

I don't seem to light extra ball from completing the drops on the right, pick up a different ROM? Alltek board with settings? Grow up and realize extra balls and ball saves are for little kids?

Middle saucer shoots straight into glass every other time, should it shoot up to the upper playfield?

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Should there be any noises besides the constant tick of scoring and the catch in the middle saucer?
I don't seem to light extra ball from completing the drops on the right, pick up a different ROM? Alltek board with settings? Grow up and realize extra balls and ball saves are for little kids?
Middle saucer shoots straight into glass every other time, should it shoot up to the upper playfield?

Do you have the manual? I wonder if some of these things relate to dip switch settings and yours may be off.

Also, there are certain sound adjustments that you can make. The manual explains how.

If you don’t have it, a copy can be found on ipdb.org.

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I don't seem to light extra ball from completing the drops on the right

EB might be turned off via settings

Might be the same for the constant background sound.

Targets, pops, rollovers, spinners and slings should all be throwing sounds as well.

#1545 3 years ago

Makes sense, thanks!

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

yes, saucer should shoot to upper playfield every other time.

#1547 3 years ago

Have a strange problem, right flipper triggers 10k before ball plunge but not during game -- is the middle saucer the only 10k shot in the game?

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Have a strange problem, right flipper triggers 10k before ball plunge but not during game -- is the middle saucer the only 10k shot in the game?

Check the switch on your single drop target.

That one will trigger if it is set poorly, then not happen again until you drop it with a shot.

(I was convinced I had center saucer ghost scoring happening for a long time because the sound effect of the two is close/same)

#1549 3 years ago

Think it's the top drop target on the upper playfield but the gap looks fine. Should this drop be up to start?

Saucer just boots it into the glass and back into the saucer instead of on upper playfield, I dont see a lot of adjustment possibilities? Is drilling and realigning the coil my best best here?
-- think I found an answer here: bend the metal tabs in the saucer inward so the ball sits a bit higher.

Top left star rollovers should behave the same as the top right, correct? -- not getting any register / points etc. Will look into wiring on this.

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Think it's the top drop target on the upper playfield but the gap looks fine. Should this drop be up to start?

It should start up, drop when the ball is launched and rolls over the shooter lane switch and once the ball passes and hits a rollover 'in play' , it should pop back up.

I ran into problems when it was in the down position, right flipper would cause the closed switch to opene and close, scoring 10k a pop and making the sound the upkick makes in the saucer.

As to adjusting that...I am assuming that you checked to make sure all hardware is proper snug and cleaned/serviced?

**A quick way to check would be to place a piece of business card / matchbook thickness material between that switch (closed position) and see if you still get the problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 90.00
$ 7.50
Hardware
Volcano Pinball
Hardware
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 199.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,788 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.