New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 65903)

Flash Gordon: Saviors of the Universe Club

By TheShameGovernor

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,518 posts
  • 209 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 783 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

522E1DAB-4891-4E61-BCFB-7C52ECE4314B (resized).jpeg
FlashGordon_SwitchMatrix.gif
0B46B94B-8E2F-41CF-A956-1CB587E06663_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
Flash (resized).png
20201109_191102 (resized).jpg
E3B64813-85A0-4BCB-8A89-EEA1D77CECCF (resized).jpeg
779E22E1-4944-4DF0-ABD9-A41D90A209EB (resized).jpeg
F2B67B31-611B-43DE-A11D-A3CD4E9EB93D (resized).jpeg
FG 2 (resized).jpg
FG 1 (resized).jpg
STrecap (resized).jpg
69C3BFA2-1064-4F60-9BE9-6CB7E0B40583 (resized).jpeg
CEFD9CDA-518C-4389-9F4B-6D99067C756B (resized).jpeg
A227DEA2-8B2E-4E18-9B0D-9CB8F737B5F0 (resized).jpeg
2BE30B43-6933-4500-B7B7-265A68DE7670 (resized).jpeg
8099F0A5-10B6-4FBD-93D5-FBB4A033636F (resized).jpeg

There are 1518 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
#1501 13 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Flash! Savior of the Universe!
Not in the club (but love the game). Was walking through the mall on the way to the Lego Store with my little ones and saw FLASH is playing in AMC and Cinemark theaters (that are open) for a 40th anniversary special for the next few weeks. Tickets were $5 where I was but the movie was likely too much for my 4 year old. In any case, if you have not seen it and want an excuse to go to the movies... now is the time!
[quoted image]

Such a good movie! The Wood Beast challenge totally freaked me out.

#1502 12 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Flash! Savior of the Universe!
Not in the club (but love the game). Was walking through the mall on the way to the Lego Store with my little ones and saw FLASH is playing in AMC and Cinemark theaters (that are open) for a 40th anniversary special for the next few weeks. Tickets were $5 where I was but the movie was likely too much for my 4 year old. In any case, if you have not seen it and want an excuse to go to the movies... now is the time!
[quoted image]

Quoted from Nokoro:

Such a good movie! The Wood Beast challenge totally freaked me out.

Actually gave in and watched this movie streaming with my kids last night for the first time (it came out before I was born). What a corny, but great movie! My 4, 6, and 9 year old all loved it. The first 10 minutes on earth are slow, but if you can get them to sit with it until they get to space they will love it. If you have not seen it the movie is worth at least 1 watch and is kids safe.

#1503 9 days ago

Hello,

I need some help with a roll over switch. The hole with the circle is the switch in question. I'm trying to figure out what color the wires are that go to it.

Thanks,
Brad.

0B46B94B-8E2F-41CF-A956-1CB587E06663_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#1504 9 days ago
Quoted from Isjack:

Hey folks - I am looking at picking up a Flash Gordon. I have heard mixed reviews on hardtops and gameplay. I may not be able to play the game in person before picking it up, so, I am curious: do you have a hardtop installed? If so, how is the gameplay?
If anybody hears of a FG up for sale, please point them to me! Thanks!

I've played a couple of other pins with hardtops. They look nice enough (not nearly as nice as a minty playfield), but I HATE the feel. Ever played a pin with the plastic playfield protector? Like that, but WAY worse. I'd personally never buy a pin with a hardtop unless it was an AMAZING deal and repro playfields were available.

#1505 9 days ago
Quoted from Enochsmoken:

The hole with the circle is the switch in question. I'm trying to figure out what color the wires are that go to it.

The three star rollover button switches in the upper shooter lane are all wired in parallel with the same wire colors:
White-Red wire to the lug with the non-banded side of the diode.
Brown-Yellow wire to the standalone lug.

FlashGordon_SwitchMatrix.gif

#1506 9 days ago

Thanks Quench!

For some reason I didn't notice the Wire Color Code box listed on the drawing. Boy do I feel stupid.

#1507 9 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I've played a couple of other pins with hardtops. They look nice enough (not nearly as nice as a minty playfield), but I HATE the feel. Ever played a pin with the plastic playfield protector? Like that, but WAY worse. I'd personally never buy a pin with a hardtop unless it was an AMAZING deal and repro playfields were available.

I have never really noticed a difference with a playfield protector, maybe slightly faster?

#1508 9 days ago
Quoted from Enochsmoken:

For some reason I didn't notice the Wire Color Code box listed on the drawing.

That's probably because it's not on the original playfield schematic - I put the wire color chart in that diagram so it makes sense

#1509 9 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

That's probably because it's not on the original playfield schematic - I put the wire color chart in that diagram so it makes sense

Ahhhhh. Well done thank you very much.

#1510 6 days ago
Quoted from Isjack:

I have never really noticed a difference with a playfield protector, maybe slightly faster?

Faster, balls spins more, ball sounds different. I have them on a few of of my pins. I put one on a NIB AFMrLE I bought, in order to keep the playfield brand new. I put one on my T2 and my HGOT as a cheap/quick way to address cupped inserts. I don't HATE the play/feel of the protector, but I definitely prefer it without (if the inserts on the T2/HGOT weren't causing balls to change directions). I disliked the play/feel of the hard tops much more. They LOOK great, though!

#1511 6 days ago

Hi Guys. I’ve just bought a Flash Gordon project and have it booting and playing but the strobe is so dim. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

522E1DAB-4891-4E61-BCFB-7C52ECE4314B (resized).jpeg

#1512 6 days ago

Congrats.

BG and PF look good from here!

#1513 6 days ago
Quoted from 1979wade:

Hi Guys. I’ve just bought a Flash Gordon project and have it booting and playing but the strobe is so dim. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Looks good - I've seen way worse. Please don't get me going on the strobe again! Mine is cursed....

#1514 6 days ago

For the weak strobe: i fixed a similar issue on mine by replacing the 2 big electrolytic caps on the strobe board.

#1515 6 days ago

Thanks! I am very happy with the condition.

frunch I’ll replace those caps and hopefully that’ll fix it. Thanks

#1516 6 days ago

Found a spinner off of a Baby Pac-Man

#1517 4 days ago

Okay my FG has developed an issue. Was working 100%, but now when it boots it makes the siren sound like 6 times and then just the low freq. Whaaa sound. When it was working properly it would make a two-tone Waaa, waaa sound.

Also, when I play a game, after ball one ends, it fails to increment the ball in play counter to ball 2, it does so after the second ball is ended, and then also after that for balls 2 and 3. So every game you get two "Ball 1"s. Strange.

#1518 23 hours ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Okay my FG has developed an issue. Was working 100%, but now when it boots it makes the siren sound like 6 times and then just the low freq. Whaaa sound. When it was working properly it would make a two-tone Waaa, waaa sound.
Also, when I play a game, after ball one ends, it fails to increment the ball in play counter to ball 2, it does so after the second ball is ended, and then also after that for balls 2 and 3. So every game you get two "Ball 1"s. Strange.

Have you checked the easy things? Connectors, reflow solder to pins, display test, etc. Do you have an extra ball enabled at a very low score?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
3,250 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Pittsburgh, PA
There are 1518 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside