Topic Stats

• 1,059 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 532 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cap (resized).JPG
bracket (resized).JPG
test 001 (resized).jpg
test 039 (resized).jpg
IMG_4764 (resized).JPG
IMG_4498 (resized).JPG
IMG_6355 (resized).JPG
IMG_6354 (resized).JPG
IMG_6351 (resized).JPG
IMG_6352 (resized).JPG
27FC434B-314C-4AED-A946-044A95680183 (resized).jpeg
9D1F1876-3746-414C-A47C-3E467111164C (resized).jpeg
3FA04289-0E17-423C-A3ED-40F8F0A4F070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0312 (resized).jpg
IMG_6532 (resized).JPG
IMG_1038_LI (resized).jpg

There are 1059 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 28 days ago

Thanks for all the advice about lamp sockets. I have a couple of ones that seem a little flakey. I watched some videos on how to repair them, but at $1 a socket, I think I might just buy a few new ones.

Next question: I have the 2SMD LEDs with non-frosted domes in all the insert sockets. I find the ones for the bonus multipliers and shoot again inserts to be blindingly bright. I was thinking about getting 1SMD frosted ones instead. Not sure if I'll get white or color matching. What do people use for those? I read somewhere in this thread that the retro ones from Comet work well there, but the retro ones don't seem to be non-ghosting. I have a new Alltek lamp driver board, so I'm not sure if I still need non-ghosting LEDs. Anyway, interested in hearing people's thoughts.

#1052 24 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Next question: I have the 2SMD LEDs with non-frosted domes in all the insert sockets. I find the ones for the bonus multipliers and shoot again inserts to be blindingly bright. I was thinking about getting 1SMD frosted ones instead. Not sure if I'll get white or color matching. What do people use for those? I read somewhere in this thread that the retro ones from Comet work well there, but the retro ones don't seem to be non-ghosting. I have a new Alltek lamp driver board, so I'm not sure if I still need non-ghosting LEDs. Anyway, interested in hearing people's thoughts.

Bump for this question. Anyone have any recommendations for the best LEDs for these particular inserts?

#1053 24 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Bump for this question. Anyone have any recommendations for the best LEDs for these particular inserts?

If you have the altek board (with the power wire hooked up) you won’t need the non ghosting leds.

In my FG, I used retro frosted from comet, in warm white. It’s not overly bright, but brighter than incandescents.

1 week later
#1054 13 days ago

Does anyone have a video of what the speech test should say? Mine seems to repeat some phrases, etc, and says a few weird (empor-roo the great?), but can't find any listing of what it's actually supposed to do in the manual/etc

#1055 13 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

empor-roo the great?

"Emperor Ming awaits".

#1056 13 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

"Emperor Ming awaits".

Definitely doesn't sound like that. Hence I'm looking for a video to compare

#1057 12 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Definitely doesn't sound like that. Hence I'm looking for a video to compare

LOL - “empor-roo the great?“ sounds like you got the Scooby Doo version. I shot a 5 second video of what you want, but I cannot get it to post here or to a pm to you. PM me your email or let me know how to post.

#1058 8 days ago

Had a great game last night where I finally combined 5x bonus with 5x playfield scoring and then shot the shooter lane to collect. Ended up with 3.4 million in points on a three ball game. Great fun!

#1059 8 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Had a great game last night where I finally combined 5x bonus with 5x playfield scoring and then shot the shooter lane to collect. Ended up with 3.4 million in points on a three ball game. Great fun!

Isn't it satisfying when it all comes together like that!.
Congratulations. Great game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 1059 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside