Topic Stats

• 1,051 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 532 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cap (resized).JPG
bracket (resized).JPG
test 001 (resized).jpg
test 039 (resized).jpg
IMG_4764 (resized).JPG
IMG_4498 (resized).JPG
IMG_6355 (resized).JPG
IMG_6354 (resized).JPG
IMG_6351 (resized).JPG
IMG_6352 (resized).JPG
27FC434B-314C-4AED-A946-044A95680183 (resized).jpeg
9D1F1876-3746-414C-A47C-3E467111164C (resized).jpeg
3FA04289-0E17-423C-A3ED-40F8F0A4F070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0312 (resized).jpg
IMG_6532 (resized).JPG
IMG_1038_LI (resized).jpg

There are 1051 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Tried to search for the stand up target on the upper playfield with no luck. Part number is ASE-2911-21, does anyone have a link to purchase one, or know a suitable replacement?

Anybody?

#602 1 year ago

Just received my FG apron and shooter lane cover from Merf’s Pins. Pictures speak for themselves. Seriously beautiful work.

026314E4-EFE5-40A4-AF6A-C0C09B7A1A19 (resized).jpeg27D041A5-30C8-470C-89CC-CF6859E6EA94 (resized).jpeg2A0A6F61-5C1F-4109-BA07-718B7AB9E4C6 (resized).jpeg43A46B1E-37BB-4491-9646-37B9C5ABC369 (resized).jpegB9138D33-0B7E-44A9-A4A2-B4D78C57C525 (resized).jpegCEFE95D8-C474-4724-9AFE-FD19DE476F81 (resized).jpeg
#603 1 year ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Tried to search for the stand up target on the upper playfield with no luck. Part number is ASE-2911-21, does anyone have a link to purchase one, or know a suitable replacement?

You can just use a standard switch like this, and re-use your current mounting bracket. You can even transfer the capacitor, if you don't have a new one, but I'd suggest getting a new one:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1A-170-6

#604 1 year ago

After the Pinball Pimp stencils application, I'm pretty happy with the cabinet coming along....

20180625_220450 (resized).jpg

20180609_101002 (resized).jpg

#605 1 year ago

Looks great! I have two Ballys that could use new paint. The only problem I have with FG is if I repaint, the cabinet and backglass would look minty, but the beat pf and yellowed/bent plastics would look a little out of place

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Looks great! I have two Ballys that could use new paint. The only problem I have with FG is if I repaint, the cabinet and backglass would look minty, but the beat pf and yellowed/bent plastics would look a little out of place

Sounds like a Hardtop would be in your future *wink* *wink*

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from comment23:

My pf is so-so
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-a-shop-out-log#post-4298401

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from comment23:

The future is looking bright,and colorful I might add.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The future is looking bright,and colorful I might add.

"Emperor Ming Awaits"

1 week later
#610 1 year ago

Does anyone repair the original Bally strobe boards? Mine never has worked and had the world's largest wasp nest on it when I bought it. Would rather repair the original than get a reproduction board if possible.

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Does anyone repair the original Bally strobe boards? Mine never has worked and had the world's largest wasp nest on it when I bought it. Would rather repair the original than get a reproduction board if possible.

What's wrong with it? Are the traces bad? Connectors bad? Have you tried a new flasher bulb?

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Does anyone repair the original Bally strobe boards? Mine never has worked and had the world's largest wasp nest on it when I bought it. Would rather repair the original than get a reproduction board if possible

I have just repaired mine as I prefer an original to a repro.

I replaced the Xenon tube, the two capacitors (22uf/250v) & re-flowed the headers on the board, also replaced the SCR (Q25) on the Aux Lamp driver board & re-flowed the headers. works 100% now, these are the most common faults with these units.

To be noted, the 22uf high voltage caps can be dangerous as they can hold an electrical charge for some time - they need to be discharged for the board to be be safe to work on.

I replaced the xenon tube with a drop in exact replacement that is also used in "Attack from mars" games (which I was able to buy locally here in Australia).

For buying in the US:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8835

Or the cheaper option which will work too. (this goldmine tube wasn't the cheaper option for me to buy as I am located in Australia).

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G13722

Caps:

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G22471

Or

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CEA-22uF-250V-RMD

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

I have just repaired mine as I prefer an original to a repro.
I replaced the Xenon tube, the two capacitors (22uf/250v) & re-flowed the headers on the board, also replaced the SCR (Q25) on the Aux Lamp driver board & re-flowed the headers. works 100% now, these are the most common faults with these units.
To be noted, the 22uf high voltage caps can be dangerous as they can hold an electrical charge for some time - they need to be discharged for the board to be be safe to work on.
I replaced the xenon tube with a drop in exact replacement that is also used in "Attack from mars" games (which I was able to buy locally here in Australia).
For buying in the US:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8835
Or the cheaper option which will work too. (this goldmine tube wasn't the cheaper option for me to buy as I am located in Australia).
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G13722
Caps:
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G22471
Or
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CEA-22uF-250V-RMD

Thanks for the writeup! I’ll start there and see how it goes.

My lamp holder is in a bunch of pieces because i had to clean out the wasp nest. Hope I can get it back together!

#614 1 year ago

No worries. You can also get the complete flash unit with the tube, holder/reflector as well from goldmine if you need it. All for a dollar!

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G13603

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

That’s an interesting “back story” for your game. Kind of makes restoring that board worth it just so you can tell the tale.

Got any pics?

#617 1 year ago

Waiting for the PFs to get re-released too!

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That’s an interesting “back story” for your game. Kind of makes restoring that board worth it just so you can tell the tale.
Got any pics?

I don't have anything showing the wasp nests on the strobe board. They were mud dauber nests. You can still see mud on some of the boards below.

I bought this machine for, I think, $400 back in 2013. I repaired the electronics/mechanics to 100% (except for that strobe board). As you can see, cosmetically it is a total blowout, so it's been sitting in storage for **FIVE YEARS** now waiting for parts.

I found a beautiful original backglass for it ($100). I have finally tracked down a playfield replacement ($400). AND now that CPR is making the plastics again ($150), I will soon have everything I need to do a total tear down and restore on it!

IMG_2984.JPG
IMG_2980.JPG
IMG_2982.JPG

It should be like-new when I'm done for about $2000 all-in.

When I bought it, someone had a white hair tie on the right flipper.

#619 1 year ago

Great plastic ordered !!
Now i would like ''Quicksilver and Freefall''

#620 1 year ago

I am excited to join the FG club. It has been a long time coming. I am midway through a restoration. I won’t clog up this thread but here is a link for those interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-flash-gordon-restoration-and-customization#post-4488825

2 weeks later
#621 1 year ago

Can someone confirm for me this is normal behaviour? The two rollovers at the top of the left ramp often do not make distinct sound effects, often just one of them, or sometimes neither. I think it is related to the left spinner cutting of the rollover sounds while spinning. If I test the ball at the top and lock out the spinner they seem to work every time.

Both switches are freshly adjusted and have new capacitors on them.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Can someone confirm for me this is normal behaviour? The two rollovers at the top of the left ramp often do not make distinct sound effects, often just one of them, or sometimes neither. I think it is related to the left spinner cutting of the rollover sounds while spinning. If I test the ball at the top and lock out the spinner they seem to work every time.
Both switches are freshly adjusted and have new capacitors on them.

Just checked mine - yes, the spinner cuts of the sound off while spinning & rolling over them, sometimes you get one of the sounds only with the spinner spinning. It seems this is normal. I hadn't noticed this before. The rollover sound is a good sound too.

1 month later
#624 1 year ago

No instant info or replay scores displayed on my FG

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Just received my FG apron and shooter lane cover from Merf’s Pins. Pictures speak for themselves. Seriously beautiful work. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi pinster68!

I think I would design this decoration with a better termination, more simetric. I like to try because I like this idea. In fact, it would be extended to exterior decals.

Are there people interested?

Regards

#626 1 year ago

Joining this club. Bought a project that I will be picking up this week, which includes a spare 90% populated playfield. Although upon initial inspection, it looks like the playfield in the cabinet is in better shape. It is missing backglass, displays, and a board or two. Definately a project. I'll post some pictures when I pick it up.

#627 1 year ago

Initial photos of the pin. Haven't done anything more than to pull it out of shrink and take a couple photos. Might be a fair amount of time before I even delve into it. It does have a brand-new squawk and talk soundboard for it. And brand new drop targets.

20180908_183012 (resized).jpg20180908_183017 (resized).jpg20180908_183021 (resized).jpg20180908_183030 (resized).jpg20180908_183054 (resized).jpg20180908_183239 (resized).jpg
#628 1 year ago

Looks like a decent project. That playfield isn’t too shabby.

#630 1 year ago

Nice. Looking forward to printing up a set.

#631 1 year ago

Hi zahner!

I will order a print set in chrome vinyl. Let me see if all is OK for this print material and I would order a copy for you.

Best regards

#632 1 year ago

Was on bigdaddy-enterprises.com and came across this. Looks a lot different than my original board!

Screenshot_6.png

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Was on bigdaddy-enterprises.com and came across this. Looks a lot different than my original board!
[quoted image]

Please DON'T click pictures to enlarge

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

[quoted image]

For $100, this person will come to your house, turn on a flash light, and cover the lens repeatedly for the strobing effect. Of course, only when you're playing Flash Gordon. For times outside of actual play, you will have to negotiate your terms.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

For $100, this person will come to your house, turn on a flash light, and cover the lens repeatedly for the strobing effect to occur. Of course, only when you're playing Flash Gordon. For times outside of actual play, you will have to negotiate your terms.

That's pretty cool, what do I feed her?

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

That's pretty cool, what do I feed her?

Cigarettes and Jack Daniels

#637 1 year ago

Do you sell the pinball cards on a website or pinside?

#638 1 year ago

Hi, pickleric !

No, it is only and intertainment for me and I love that my work is useful and people like it.

I encourage you follow me in my main thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos

You will see some of my bigger classical restorations, customizations and other things. I´m uploading little by little and I´m working in a lot of things at the same time.

Regards

P.S: I´m a arcade and pinball webmaster forum and I restored a lot of thing along of 13 years, arcade cabs in special. I´m a bigger fan of arcade cabinets and I have 15 cabinets and 5 pinballs.

2 weeks later
#640 1 year ago

Like them a lot, really nice, but are they for show only, or can we order/buy/get them from you?

Thanks

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from zahner:

Like them a lot, really nice, but are they for show only, or can we order/buy/get them from you?
Thanks

Hi zahner!

Let me order to print the Free Play card and show result, and I will order copies for you, if you like results.

Best regards

#642 1 year ago

Looking for a nice Flash Gordon local to NJ 07950 if someone want to shake one loose.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Hi zahner!
Let me order to print the Free Play card and show result, and I will order copies for you, if you like results.
Best regards

Great. Thanks. I tough you did great work on both FG cards.

#644 1 year ago

So picked up a FG project a few weeks ago, and starting to replace the drop targets as there are several broken & mismatched. Picked up the 11 piece FG drop target set from Marco, and noticed that they were not all identical. 3 of the 11 have a small lip at the top rear of the target. The other 8 do not have this lip. (see picture)

As I have a smorgasbord of mismatched and broken targets on the machine so I can't really tell what was originally where from the factory, and the manual doesn't show any specifics. Does anyone know where are the 3 rear lip targets supposed to go to a specific place on the playfield?

IMG_6279 (resized).JPG
#645 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

3 rear lip targets supposed to go to a specific place on the playfield?

Sadly, do to quality control... the "Bally" drop targets are being made with a lot of variances.
All of Flash Gordon's drop targets, from that time period, are all fully double lipped.

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

So picked up a FG project a few weeks ago, and starting to replace the drop targets as there are several broken & mismatched. Picked up the 11 piece FG drop target set from Marco, and noticed that they were not all identical. 3 of the 11 have a small lip at the top rear of the target. The other 8 do not have this lip. (see picture)
As I have a smorgasbord of mismatched and broken targets on the machine so I can't really tell what was originally where from the factory, and the manual doesn't show any specifics. Does anyone know where are the 3 rear lip targets supposed to go to a specific place on the playfield?
[quoted image]

I believe those three are for your X targets,so the ball can roll over them.

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Sadly, do to quality control... the "Bally" drop targets are being made with a lot of variances.
All of Flash Gordon's drop targets, from that time period, are all fully double lipped.

You would think a set from one quality distributor would be consistent.....sigh......

Quoted from pingod:

I believe those three are for your X targets,so the ball can roll over them.

Alright, thought about the 3 inline targets myself, will put them there, even if the inline on the upper playfield will then be without a rear lip.

#648 1 year ago

Drop target update: emailed with Marco this morning, and they are sending me 8 replacements with the top rear ribs free of charge so that I have a complete set. According to them it's a supplier issue and didn't get noticed.....kudos to Marcos!!

1 month later
#650 11 months ago

If anyone is planning on grabbing a FG Hardtop. I have 27 left . I do not plan on running these again so get them while they are still available. PM me for details.

133E87CD-2CF9-4AA4-9E4B-5CCE5431096F (resized).jpegIphone 10 486 (resized).JPGIphone 10 487 (resized).JPGIphone 10 488 (resized).JPGIphone 10 490 (resized).JPGIphone 10 491 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, OH
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 1051 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside