IMG_6253 (resized).jpg
IMG_6254 (resized).jpg
c928de729783bf855db2c4fad7afdbee637c54ed (resized).jpg
cc89192186c76bbcfae62d319969e24fd9478da8 (resized).jpg
N-68X (resized).jpg
Big Daddy Flash (resized).png
IMG_1200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6257 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 57.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I'll have to take a look at that...thanks for the info. Do you happen to have a link to that post or tell me which thread to look for it?

Yeah man. Right here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-2018-hep/page/10#post-4207373

I asked about doing it on TWD, since it is is pretty normal for that game. But thankfully, it was remedied by Titan's thin flipper rubber.

#552 6 years ago

So I aligned the flippers so the hole is lined up with the bottom edge of the flipper, instead of being centered on the flipper tip, and it plays MUCH better now. That alignment happens to line up the flipper with the ball guides. Next question is, what do you have your Dip Switches set at? I started off with all "Conservative" setting but then moved them to "Recommended Settings" in the manual. Thinking about moving them back.

Also, what slope do you have yours set at? Mine is right around 6.5 right now, but thinking about going all the way up in the back, or to about 7.5? I like it fast and deadly. No mercy!

#553 6 years ago

thought 6.5 was a bit too much for the early SS games.

What are your dip settings?

#554 6 years ago

Whatever the recommended settings are in the manual. I'll get a pic of it when i get home, or you could look it up on IPDB.

Quoted from wm6929:

thought 6.5 was a bit too much for the early SS games.
What are your dip settings?

#555 6 years ago

Was wondering what consenous was for preferred settings.
Would like to get close to running tournment settings.
I am going to work on it this weekend.

#556 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#557 6 years ago

With the dipswitch ON, it retains lit shots from ball to ball. If it is off, it does not, so making it harder to get 2X playfield, Lit drop targets, etc.

I've learned that over that last couple days, even with the switches on, I can barely break 1 mil. that 1.5 Mil game I had must have been a fluke...

#558 6 years ago

I think getting 7 digits on your score is always an accomplishment.

#559 6 years ago

Does anyone know if Flash Gordon uses an extra long shooter rod than other games? I bought a new rod from PBR but it is much shorter than the old one. The new on is on the left.

37003 (resized).jpeg37003 (resized).jpeg

#560 6 years ago

Making sacrafices and tearing into FG so future pinheads can get rails easy from reese rails

1B52F1DF-5572-47CA-8054-41B886C41179 (resized).jpeg1B52F1DF-5572-47CA-8054-41B886C41179 (resized).jpeg

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Making sacrafices and tearing into FG so future pinheads can get rails easy from reese rails

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you......I was one of the fellows that reached out to Reese about a month ago inquiring about a set of these. You are a true friend of the crown.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you......I was one of the fellows that reached out to Reese about a month ago inquiring about a set of these. You are a true friend of the crown.

Dilly dilly

2 weeks later
#564 5 years ago

Thanks! Sent him a PM about selling since he's listing specifically for a trade.

#565 5 years ago

Anyone install a nbii recently. Just curious if there was any new firmware that allows us to use sounds of any length? Or are we still limited to the length of the original stock sound?

http://www.steflip.fr/index.php?file=Boutique&op=art&catid=8&artid=146

#566 5 years ago

I talked to them last month, and he said that he was not interested in making any more. It may be the same for support.

#567 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Thanks! Sent him a PM about selling since he's listing specifically for a trade.

I sent him a message over a week ago, does not respond for some reason. Why do people do that???

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I sent him a message over a week ago, does not respond for some reason. Why do people do that???

There was "sale pending" when I looked last. Also, he wanted quite a bit for the PF, so i politely declined

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There was "sale pending" when I looked last. Also, he wanted quite a bit for the PF, so i politely declined

How much???

#570 5 years ago

#571 5 years ago

WOW!!! I can buy the whole machine for that

#572 5 years ago

Yeah, that's why I passed

#573 5 years ago

do we need to mail bomb CPR into doing another run of playfields?

#574 5 years ago

I would love to see another run. Maybe just a small hand grenade. I wonder if they would be interested if enough of us sent in requests?
BTW, I also asked the person selling the playfield what he wanted for it. Just to be fair, it included shipping and - I think - a set of plastics. Ultimately a bit too rich for my blood, so I too politely declined. He did immediately reply to me.

#575 5 years ago

Sounds like a hard top playfield is nearly complete...

2 weeks later
#576 5 years ago

Im wondering if anyone could lend me some knowledge on some issues im having with my FG after putting it back together.

Game boots and plays but only a few solenoids are working(flippers, drop resets, and saucer eject down) and the game will reset if the left pop bumper is activated. I dont know if its relted at all but the BG controlled lamps are inop as well.

I have ~44v at all coils, switch test no stuck switches and all fuses are good. If I jump the transistors to gnd on the driver board, coils Q1-Q6 will fire and the relay for Q15 activates as well but nothing else.

The game has been apart for over a year now while i worked on the cab and a pf swap. I realized im not getting to the pf swap anytime soon but I really want to ply this game again.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

B0CEBB2B-69BF-4C12-B24F-A2763C4E364D (resized).jpegB0CEBB2B-69BF-4C12-B24F-A2763C4E364D (resized).jpeg

#577 5 years ago

Pull the playfield fuse (depowers solenoids) now you can check if any switches actually cause a reset like the left pop bumper. This will isolate switching issues from the high power mechanism issues. You need to look carefully at which backglass lights are not working. The Aux lighting board drives lights on the insert as well as a few on the playfield. Are the Aux board lights on the playfield working? Its possible because the power feed for them comes from the PF and on the insert those ones have a different power feed. The Aux board only grounds them so lights in one place can be working with the others not working. Or is the power to the Aux board itself missing in which case none of its lights will be working (PF or insert).

On my FG I had an issue where the harness that pivots between the door and the head was tugging on a pin feeding the Aux board causing flakey behaviour.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Pull the playfield fuse (depowers solenoids) now you can check if any switches actually cause a reset like the left pop bumper. This will isolate switching issues from the high power mechanism issues. You need to look carefully at which backglass lights are not working. The Aux lighting board drives lights on the insert as well as a few on the playfield. Are the Aux board lights on the playfield working? Its possible because the power feed for them comes from the PF and on the insert those ones have a different power feed. The Aux board only grounds them so lights in one place can be working with the others not working. Or is the power to the Aux board itself missing in which case none of its lights will be working (PF or insert).
On my FG I had an issue where the harness that pivots between the door and the head was tugging on a pin feeding the Aux board causing flakey behaviour.

Thanks, ill pull the pf fuse and check it out tonight. All my insert lights work but the lights behind “Flash Gordon” letters in backbox are inop.

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Thanks, ill pull the pf fuse and check it out tonight. All my insert lights work but the lights behind “Flash Gordon” letters in backbox are inop.

Those are all powered by the Aux board. Check the two clock inserts in the playfield they come the same board as do the upper play field roll overs that blink.

#580 5 years ago

Man I had a hell of a first ball today. What a rush that was!

#581 5 years ago

Nice ball one.....the other 3 balls all look like standard FG punishment....especially loosing the ball down the right outlane after making a good shot to the inline drops.

Great score....could sense your happiness through a few remarks during that first ball

#582 5 years ago

Yep that's for sure. Punished if you miss a shot. Punished if you make a shot.

I really thought I had a shot to break my high score, but honestly I was just happy to get that ball on film. That bonus score countdown was outstanding!

FG such a great game, no matter how painful it is

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

So I pulled the under pf fuse and the game still resets if the left pop switch is activated, this is the only switch that causes a reset. Under pf wiring looks fine.

I have a feeling i need to repin all my connectors. Can i swap in my Medusa mpu to troubleshoot or will that cause any issues? I already slaved in the solenoid driver from medusa and the same issues were persistant.

#584 5 years ago

Very hard to understand how a single switch can cause that. Nothing similar from the other switches on the same column or row of the matrix? Is it like hitting the slam switch? All other switches score normally? Make sure there is no continuity between the switch leads and the solenoid power lines.

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Very hard to understand how a single switch can cause that. Nothing similar from the other switches on the same column or row of the matrix? Is it like hitting the slam switch? All other switches score normally? Make sure there is no continuity between the switch leads and the solenoid power lines.

It doesnt go into tilt it just resets. All other switches score normally and dont cause a reset.

#586 5 years ago

This may be a rabbit hole but the slam switch resets the machine, different than a tilt. Most playfields have a slam switch near the bottom middle oriented to trigger if the machine is dropped. Whether that switch is there or not, the matrix believes it was triggered. If it is there, try that switch, you should get the same reset. You could try disconnecting either the column or row that the bumper may share with it.

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

So I pulled the under pf fuse and the game still resets if the left pop switch is activated, this is the only switch that causes a reset. Under pf wiring looks fine.
I have a feeling i need to repin all my connectors. Can i swap in my Medusa mpu to troubleshoot or will that cause any issues? I already slaved in the solenoid driver from medusa and the same issues were persistant.

If you disconnect the cabinet, coin door, and pf slam tilt switches, does triggering the left pop bumper still cause a reset? Is there a diode connected on the pop bumper switches?

#588 5 years ago

Disconnected all 3 slam switches and the left pop switch still causes a reset. There is a diode on the switch...

8BA9203E-CE6F-45D8-B36C-51986F76A38B (resized).jpeg8BA9203E-CE6F-45D8-B36C-51986F76A38B (resized).jpeg
#589 5 years ago

Maybe Quench has an idea? The wiring on the switch looks fine to me. I'm wondering if there's any battery damage to the MPU or something like that?

#590 5 years ago

Mpu looks clean, can i swap in my medusa mpu to test?

#591 5 years ago

No one is going to mention the new y5f cap that’s marked 12v? Ok I’ll keep watching

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

No one is going to mention the new y5f cap that’s marked 12v? Ok I’ll keep watching

Are these incorrect? The same caps are on the other switches as well. I thought they were original?

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I'm pretty sure those are all original as I swapped a bunch out of my own game due to phantom switch hits.

#594 5 years ago

Ok. Just throwing it out there. Pretty sure they are suppose to be 50v not 12v. Not sure if that could cause the phantom switch but....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-switch-capacitorolder-bally-pins

2 weeks later
#595 5 years ago

Tried to search for the stand up target on the upper playfield with no luck. Part number is ASE-2911-21, does anyone have a link to purchase one, or know a suitable replacement?

#596 5 years ago

So I’m trying to figure out ways to make my flash Gordon play faster. Do you think the wheels will help?

986381C5-1AD7-441B-BE07-479E475AF8DE (resized).jpeg986381C5-1AD7-441B-BE07-479E475AF8DE (resized).jpeg
#597 5 years ago

You need bigger wheels in the back

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I’m trying to figure out ways to make my flash Gordon play faster. Do you think the wheels will help?

What’s that I see on the bench behind FG? Could it be!? Is it real!!?

#599 5 years ago

I may be a little too excited seeing that Hard Top playfield

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

What’s that I see on the bench behind FG? Could it be!? Is it real!!?

Yes, that is a real Dewalt miter saw. They’re pretty nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 99.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Boards
Troxel Repair

There are 2,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 57.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.