image.jpg
image.jpg
image-791.jpg
image-986.jpg
image.jpg
image-549.jpg
image-351.jpg
image-642.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toro1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 9 years ago

Looking great skins. Keep with it. Here's a little motivation - this is the one I did this summer for a buddy.
IMG_4516.jpgIMG_4516.jpgIMG_4628.jpgIMG_4628.jpgIMG_4522.JPGIMG_4522.JPGIMG_4537.JPGIMG_4537.JPGIMG_4592.JPGIMG_4592.JPGIMG_4634.JPGIMG_4634.JPGIMG_4635.JPGIMG_4635.JPG

IMG_4616.JPGIMG_4616.JPG IMG_4624.JPGIMG_4624.JPG
#127 9 years ago

I know what you mean. I've been trying to get a hold of twisted pins for literally months with no success.

How are you cutting the triangular blocks? I have to make a bunch of them for my Space Invaders.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ripping 1x's lengthwise at a 45 degree angle on a table saw.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Thanks for the info. If that's the case they need to reflect that on their web page and or not accept orders. I'm going to email them later this afternoon.

Good luck skins. I actually am a huge fan of Travis and Twisted Pins and they generally have great customer service. But he literally hasn't answered about six emails sent to him over the last three months. I honestly do hope he and his family are doing well.

#136 9 years ago

Looking great Skins!

#139 9 years ago

Never can have too many!

#146 9 years ago

Coming along nicely skins! Got my rails painted for the Mata Hari PF today, but the color is off - back to the Auto Paint store I go to get it corrected....Gotta love re-work.

Nice progress on your FG though!

#148 9 years ago

Looking great Skins!

2 weeks later
#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Been awhile since I updated any progress. Cabinet stencils suck. Word to the wise; the ones twisted pins is selling are amateurish at best. Very f'ing disappointed. Probably going to have to start over once I source a better way to stencil it.
I switched gears and got the wire harness stripped. On to ultrasonic cleaning.

image-753.jpg 242 KB

Yes - and Classic Arcades on eBay was MUCH worse. The cab we did ended up coming out very nicely -but only because we ad-libbed a LOT! Meaning we used bright lights to see outlines, exacto knives, masking tape - etc. VERY BIG PITA!

Looking forward to getting some of Pimp's stencils and trying them out.

#166 9 years ago

Nice work Skins!

#176 9 years ago

Looks great. What did you use to clean up the transformer plate?

#177 9 years ago

Also - did you clear the cab or is that just base coat? Thanks!

#181 9 years ago

Looking good! Still got a long way to go on my Mata Hari. Unfortunately I don't have a shop or garage ot do the painting so that might have to wait until spring. I did receive my Caswell Nickel plating kit an can't wait to try that this weekend!

1 week later
#191 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Thank you. Let me know how the kit works out. I have thought about buying one before.

Here you go skins - trial run came out awesome. Going to try one of the 4 bank drops next.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/caswell-zinc-plating-kit-thoughts#post-2184638

1 week later
#196 9 years ago

Way to go Skins! Very jealous. Mine is going much slower...Biggest issue for me is having a place to do the prep and paint work. Have all the tools - Just can't do it in my one car garage... And it's been too damned cold and nasty!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 199.95
$ 99.00
7,995 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toro1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-rebirth-what-was-i-thinking?tu=toro1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.