• 29 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bold69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should I buy this machine and what would you pay.”

• No, too much work, pass on this one because its best served in a fireplace. 0 votes
  • Its worth under $100 0 votes
  • Its worth $100-$200 0 votes
  • Its worth $200-$300 4 votes
    14%
  • Its worth $300-$400 9 votes
    31%
  • Its worth $400-$500 8 votes
    28%
  • Its worth more than $500 8 votes
    28%

(29 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4479.jpg
IMG_4740.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 72Devilz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I am considering picking up a Flash Gordon machine to add to my collection (Not to flip!) and have been exchanging conversation with the owner and he got me some pictures today. The overall cabinet and backglass is in good shape but the playfield is in poor shape, he is asking high end price based on Pinside rating which after seeing the pictures I would not pay so I figured I'd toss this one out to the crowd and see what feedback I get. At this point I am considering this machine in working condition which is claimed to be worth around $350 but don't want to burn myself or the seller. The other question would be what are my options and pricing on a replacement playfield or overlay? Thanks for any input!

IMG_4740.jpgIMG_4740.jpg IMG_4479.jpgIMG_4479.jpg

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

That area around the castle in the middle of the playfield would be a tough touch-up job.

I am not opposed to trying to touchup this playfield but yeah that castle area looks like a hell of a challenge and it looks like I will have some prior touchup or sharpie job to deal with as well.

#5 11 years ago

Sent the seller an email to see if he is open to offers...... we will see, this ship may never get off the ground.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

That playfield isn't that bad. You could airbrush it and make it pretty nice!

I just got an airbrush setup and was considering this as a good candidate for airbrushing due to the work involved. Of course if the seller agrees to an offer I still need to give it a good look to make sure there aren't any other issues, I love a good project but I am not looking for any money pits.

#11 11 years ago

The owner got back to me and came down a little bit but still a little high IMO at more than $500. I'm still going to try and set up a time to go look at it. If it doesn't work out I will post my findings and it's location in the event somebody in the region is interested.

#17 11 years ago

We will look it over and make a decision next Wednesday, in contrast to the PF I am in high hopes that the backglass, cabinet and internals look as good as the description I was given as well as the pics I've seen. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#23 11 years ago

Well rats, the machine sold. That's what I get for not moving quicker, oh well there will be others to pick from. Hopefully it ended up in good hands or in a fellow pinsiders home.

#26 11 years ago

Well I wasn't crazy about dumping a lot of money into a new playfield or tons of time trying to touch up that mess so I guess it's good as I don't think I would have talked him down below $600. There are plenty of fish in the sea and PAGG is about a month away so I'll save my cash for the time being.

#28 11 years ago

You can count on that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 72Devilz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-purchase-seeking-peer-advice?tu=72Devilz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.